• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Witcher 3 Patch on the way with huge list of changes and graphics improvements

I'm not sure where else they'd need to increase performance especially outside of the cutscenes and gameplay, but okay.

That start menu seems pretty optimized as it is.

styl3s

1.0.3 is out, yeah

Changelog:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Patch 1.03 changelog:

Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
Fixes grass and foiliage popping that can occur after density parameters change
Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
Sharpen Postprocess settings extended from Off/On to Off/Normal/High
Improves menu handling
Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
Corrects an issue with stamina regeneration while sprinting
Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcurs when scrolling the map
Generally improves world map focus
Corrects a bug where player was able to fire bolts at friendly NPCs
Corrects an issue in dialog selections
Corrects some missing translations in the UI
Minor SFX improvements -Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
Rostan Muggs is back
Thank god that hairworks stuff is being fixed because i can run everything almost on ultra besides that can never dip below 60 but hairworks on it's like 48-50 even when no monsters are around.

iNvid02

I dont sit too far away from my TV so everything is legible, but I did lol at the option to make the hud even smaller, that is really unreadable

Livanh

So GOG shows me the 1.03 patch but it doesnt update and ingame it still says v1.02?
Can is somehow force the update in the GOG Galaxy client ?

Justinh

So GOG shows me the 1.03 patch but it doesnt update and ingame it still says v1.02?
Can is somehow force the update in the GOG Galaxy client ?

Do you have Auto-Updating enabled? It just started downloading for me.

...and just like the game proper, it's doing so slowly. It seems to be just Witcher 3 stuff though.

styl3s

Anyone tried it to see if cutscene hairworks performance has improved?
Can't comment on cutscenes since i have a dentist appointment soon but i did hop in maxed it and i get 60fps outside and around people as opposed to 48-55ish. Still get like 55ish inside places for some odd reason but i chalk it up as one of those odd performance problems that can't be explained like when i went under this bridge and somehow went from a solid 60 to 38. Or when i zoom in on my bow i drop to 40-45. But i never zoom into my bow or go under bridges except for treasure those are minor complaints.

Still, seems to be way more optimized. Also, if you don't like sharpness check your post process because the patch decided i want normal sharpness.

Haunted

refreshingly honest, cdpr are good people.

Early adopters get to ride the hype, but they also don't get to play the best/final version. Glad I can wait for this patch.

styl3s

refreshingly honest, cdpr are good people.

Early adopters get to ride the hype, but they also don't get to play the best/final version. Glad I can wait for this patch.
Aside from a few crashes my PC playthrough so far has been stellar.

You act as if it's some incompetent 1/3rd done early access title. 14 hours with just 4 crashes (those happened within the first 3 hours and none sense) steady 60fps maxed out.

Seems like buying a game day 1 anymore is more a beta test than a retail game.

Wait and buy it cheaper and experience a better version first run through.

Pretty much. I'm a huge believer in CDPR's general attitudes towards the market & gamers... and a fan of their work...but I only "bought" Witcher 3 because i got a promo steam copy...and another came free with my GTX 960. I wont bother buying the console version for a year or two until they release the Enhanced Super Duper Special Directors Cut edition...u know, the one with all the DLC and bug fixes included on the disc.

So I played 1-2 hours in Velen, Swamps. The performance is really bad, hitting 30fps is rare in the swamp. When it rains, it goes under 20fps.

It does effect some fights, slowdowns when I fight in the swamp and cast Igni. I don't think they can fix that without lowering any graphic options.

artsi

Thank god that hairworks stuff is being fixed because i can run everything almost on ultra besides that can never dip below 60 but hairworks on it's like 48-50 even when no monsters are around.

I tried and unfortunately it's still a huge performance hit. Honestly I didn't notice much any performance increase after the patch.

Dinjoralo

Wait, is this the patch they're talking about? The article says the big patch with the graphical goodies is coming after another patch, in the paragraph before the video insert.

Haunted

Aside from a few crashes my PC playthrough so far has been stellar.

You act as if it's some incompetent 1/3rd done early access title. 14 hours with just 4 crashes (those happened within the first 3 hours and none sense) steady 60fps maxed out.
ymmv, obviously.

Also, me waiting for the patch doesn't devalue your own playthrough, so there's no need to feel attacked.

zeox

Can someone explain what this means?

I'm guessing it fixes the problem where sometimes you'd try to zoom in on a specific zone you aren't in, it'd zoom in on the one you were in regardless of what zone you had selected with the mouse. if that makes sense

artsi

Is this the patch with 600 changes?

No, it's not coming.

oPCs7oF.jpg

Waxwing

Just being able to play the game without constant crashing would be great.

Next time i wait...
Who am i kidding, this will be Cyberpunk!

Have you updated your drivers? I was having problems with crashing, but that fixed it.

I feel sorry for the guy answering questions in that interview. Hopefully they know that they delivered an A++ terrific game. The writing and voice-acting especially are just fantastic so far.

parabolee

OK so apparently this IS the patch but it does not have 600 fixes (that was the day one patch). From the Eurogamer article -

UPDATE: this patch is live now on PC and coming to console soon. We incorrectly reported this patch would include 600 fixes. CD Projekt was in fact referring to Witcher 3's day one patch here, not patch 1.03. We have edited the article for accuracy. We apologise for the confusion.

Although this makes little sense as they also said this -

Before I get into the nitty-gritty, know that a big patch with improvements to graphics and graphical settings was sent to certification today (Wednesday 20th May), and will take between five and seven days to clear. There will be patch notes covering it all.

How did a patch that went to cert yesterday and was going to take between 5-7 days suddenly come out in less than 24 hours?

Iceternal

UPDATE: this patch is live now on PC and coming to console soon. We incorrectly reported this patch would include 600 fixes. CD Projekt was in fact referring to Witcher 3's day one patch here, not patch 1.03. We have edited the article for accuracy. We apologise for the confusion.

DISAPPOINTED !!!!!!!

Justinh

Hey Guys

We discuss the Witcher 3 in our latest 8-Bit Beards podcast.

http://the8bitbeards.podbean.com/e/episode-19-apples-and-stairs/

Come and check us out.

Thanks

80 minutes? Not complaining, but this is gonna have to be a "later today thing"

With the patch, while using the 60 fps in game lock it'll still drop do low 50s when going indoors.

Unlocked framerate, though...when going indoors and looking around it seems to drop to low 60s from the 80s (this is with hairworks on, off-it'll drop to the 90s)

this is just a cursory look, though. In my save I'm in an abandoned area with houses and haven't run into a pack of wolves or anything.

edit:nope. hugging a wall outdoors and looking at Geralt's face and hair up close I got it to bottom at 49.

ugh...I think i'm just gonna turn hairworks off...

oh! it's downloading another patch now.

Zoon

They should really work on fixing the crashes.I friend of mine uninstalled the game because it was unplayable for him.

hermeslyre

Neo Member
I'm not sure where else they'd need to increase performance especially outside of the cutscenes and gameplay, but okay.

That start menu seems pretty optimized as it is.

The menu issues were that the game downclocked and reduced voltage on the GPU, and then brought them back up upon exiting a menu. This may not be much of an issue for many, but for those of us who are really pushing an overclock, it creates a level of instability when resuming the OCed clock and voltage levels.

I just gave it a quick test and it seems no more downclocking and voltage adjustments when in a menu or leaving one. Very nice.

omonimo

Banned
So I played 1-2 hours in Velen, Swamps. The performance is really bad, hitting 30fps is rare in the swamp. When it rains, it goes under 20fps.

It does effect some fights, slowdowns when I fight in the swamp and cast Igni. I don't think they can fix that without lowering any graphic options.
Seriously. The fuck. Everytimes I walk through a swamp under rain, fps become horrible on ps4. That's not normal in my opinion, they need to do something.

Top Bottom