• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best mouse for PC gaming?

Karu

I feel the same about my MX518. I have no idea what I'm going to do when it inevitably quits on me.
Dito. I don't put much effort into keeping it in shape, but it runs perfectly and made little probs so far. At least 6 years old, probably much older, though, can't quite remember. (Was replaced in 2011 according to Wikipedia. Ugh.)

mkenyon

Banned
Quoting this for new page

Correct Answer:

Any Optical mouse made within the last 2-3 years is going to be amazing for 99.9% of gamers.

Avoid Laser mice like the plague.

After that, it's entirely a subjective choice of what works best for you in size, weight, and shape.

mario_O

Word of advice. Don't get the wireless Logitech G700. I've had 3 broken in two years. Two G700 and one G700S. Wireless connection fails all the time. Absolute garbage.

Two G700 and one G700S. Wireless connection fails all the time. Absolute garbage.

Oh my. Well, let's hope that does not happen to me. Even then, if the wireless connection ended up failing, I would not be too unhappy as the wired one would still work.

tuxfool

Banned
I use this one:
f6kQcp9.png

Yup, another vote for the G602. The battery life is really good for a high refresh rate wireless gaming mouse. I also really like the positioning of the DPI switches which allow quick scaling between all 5 levels.

So the right clicker on my mouse just broke and I need a new one. It was a regular Logitech mouse without much gaming capability but it served me well enough for the few games I play. But now a gaming centric mouse feels like the right buy so....what are some good gaming mice.

Logitech G502 is one sale right now for $50:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G502-Proteus-Core-Optical-Gaming-Mouse-Black-/321946290328?rmvSB=true

That's about as low of a price as you'll ever see it. Great deal.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
So my logitech g500 mouse isn't working that great anymore, both mouse buttons aren't clicking right (double click problem or can't hold it), I've had it for ~4-5 years and I'm looking for a replacement. It shouldn't be expensive, sth. like 40-50€ max.

ChazGW7

I recently decided to retire my Razer Mamba 2012 edition and spent way too many hours researching mice and what was best in the market for my hand at the time.

Ended up going with the Mionix Castor and after 4 months, im very happy with it. Most of my time is spent on CSGO and I feel like my performance improved by a large margin after adjusting to this mouse.

My grip is kind of awkward, its like a palm/claw hybrid where I grip the mouse with my fingertips but rest my palm on the mouse at the same time, yet with this mouse it just feels great!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B011NZOJ7U/

Dr.Acula

Banned
My Logitech G302 picked up a double-click issue with M1. It's randomly d-clicking, and doing it pretty consistently. Every 15 clicks or so. Very annoying.

I see Logitech is coming out with a new Pro mouse in a few days. Disappointed because this is the first time a Logitech product has gotten issues for me :\

Justinh

My Logitech G302 picked up a double-click issue with M1. It's randomly d-clicking, and doing it pretty consistently. Every 15 clicks or so. Very annoying.

I see Logitech is coming out with a new Pro mouse in a few days. Disappointed because this is the first time a Logitech product has gotten issues for me :\

That's unfortunate (damn shame since the 302/303's clicks are so good). How old is it? They come with a two year warranty, and I've heard stories of people having a lot of luck with Logitech support, like... people just getting sent a new mouse and not having to send in the old one. Might be worth a shot?

I've definitely had the double clicking with a Logitech mouse before. It was like...4 or 5 years old though.

JMY86

My G9 is still going strong. I have tried a few other mice over the years but it literally hurt my hand to try and use a different mouse.

Logitechs are generally your best bet IMO. Every few years people throw out a new company Steel Series, Razer, Microsoft and Zowie but Logitech transcends generations and their mice last for years. My current Logitech is on Year 8 and it has no sign of degradation.

Sykotik

My favorite, back when I played WoW really hardcore, was the original Razer Naga.

Now I have a Redragon Samsara that I got for cheap on amazon, which I find very comfortable for most games and general browsing.

I have a G600 that I bought for MMOs, but the extra buttons don't seem ergonomic and it's actually quite uncomfortable, to me.

Gah, I wish I had that Naga, still.

mulac

Logitech G900 - do it, you wont regret it.

I play EVERYTHING with this now: its pixel perfect for shooters...

xezuru

Sensors are all that matters, the difference between them is highly negligible barring severe cases. Personally Opticals have far more consistency in my history. Zowie, Razer, Steelseries, Logitech, and every worthwhile company uses rebranded 3310,3366, or 3988s.

Otherwise all shape and button layout ect is ALL PREFERENCE.
Personal standouts are Zowie EC-2a and Roccat Kone Military.

This guy has a decent loadout on what to look for:
http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/find-a-mouse/

Brhoom

Banned
Currently using a logitech G700s (for maximum comfy couch and maximum nosferatu).
91Dt2J1AxhL._SL1500_.jpg

So far the build quality has been great and I only hope it lasts long and does not have the problem of the death adders I have used in the past: namely, my strange claw grip on the mouse tends to bust the left click function. I tend to push down on the section of the left click that is in the middle... next to the scroll wheel.

I bought this looking for a good wireless gaming mouse for my TV/PC gaming.

I don't know what these buttons on the mouse are good for, but I'm happy with my purchase.

Dr.Acula

Banned
That's unfortunate (damn shame since the 302/303's clicks are so good). How old is it? They come with a two year warranty, and I've heard stories of people having a lot of luck with Logitech support, like... people just getting sent a new mouse and not having to send in the old one. Might be worth a shot?

I've definitely had the double clicking with a Logitech mouse before. It was like...4 or 5 years old though.

Thanks, I'll look into it, still have the box, only 9 months old, and I'm not the heaviest user either.

jrcbandit

I really like how Logitech honors their warranty. I have a 2.5 year old G602 which had defective left mouse button (double click when single click) and they replaced it with a brand new one. I also own a G502 but I like the shape of the G602 more and the fact that it has more side buttons.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I'm currently waiting for replacement Naga 2014 number four, my original Naga was the Molten Edition I bought in 2011 for WoW, lasted about two years before developing the "double click" problem. So due to that and my finally contacting Razer again last year they've been sending me refurbished replacements in the form of the Naga 2014 since mid-late December of last year, I love the change to the side buttons to something more mechanical, it's much easier to navigate even without the position bump on the 5 key like the old Naga had, they just feel much better. I also like the green lighting more than the Molten which I generally kept it off on that mouse because it lived up to its name and generated too much heat making my hand sweat. Not crazy about the new placement of the forward/back buttons and that would probably be my only negative with the buttons. I haven't encountered the double click issue but that's because I probably haven't had one long enough to encounter it because within two months the glue they use to hold the rubber pinky rest/grip starts to leak/ooze out from under it causing a sticky mess.

After number two I was just going to give up with the RMA thing after receiving number three because they'd just send me another refurbished mouse and the cycle would repeat. Figured I would peel the damn pad off, clean it up and put some better adhesive on it. I practiced it with one of the previous Naga 2014s (future replacement parts) that they had me just cut the cord on. Taking the pad off showed me why the damn thing keeps doing it, the tape they use has a very excessive amount of glue on it and I imagine it doesn't start out so spread out but does so after being heated repeatedly to where it'll eventually come out causing the issue.

So anyway, received refurbished replacement number three last Thursday, plug it in and... Laser sensor didn't work. So here we go again, this time they had me send it back via FedEx, wish I knew they'd pick it up at my home because that might've saved me the 30 mile drive to the nearest ground drop off location. They're sending me a code to order a new one, I still fully expect to run into the glue issue again but after this replacement I'm done with the RMA shit. It's annoying that a now 12 year old cheap ball mouse that I'm currently having to use has been more reliable than mice that originally cost me $70-$80.

I also find Razer's Synapse software to be nothing more than a bloatware nuisance.

Before I bought my Naga I had a G7, also incurred the double click problem with their mice but they replaced it at least twice before I gave up and switched (partially because I did want a mouse with more buttons) but to their credit they replaced it with a brand new one and didn't have any hoops to jump through or refurbished crap, same with my original G15 keyboard which ran into problems after a year or so of use. I guess at least my original Naga lasted twice as long before having the same problem so I guess there's that.

Alright, done rambling.
There is no replacing the Naga. It is the best mouse for claw mousers period. When it's working.

I have an mx master. Its not bad for gaming, above average I'd say. But for purely gaming i would have to recommend the proteus core g502. I dont game with a mouse too much outside of dota 2 and payday 2 so i got an mx master.

Top Bottom