• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danger! First eBay Nds pirate Games

Nebur

Well, like with GBA, the same again, be carefull using ebay because now there are sellers, selling Nintendo DS copy games edition, with poor materials, and crashing savegames.

Images if you want to detect wich ones are illegal Nintendods games:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Source: Overpal.com

I just can say: The developers are just Mo**er F**k*rs

Please dont be fooled :(

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
4.jpg

I'd have never known.....

Jeezus, I love piracy and all, but selling it..... and tricking people out of money? Thats too wrong.

I always wondered - what's stopping them from making them look identical? It can't be that hard to get the labels right, spell the name's properly and have proper connectors etc, can it?

SumGamer

the androgyne said:
I always wondered - what's stopping them from making them look identical? It can't be that hard to get the labels right, spell the name's properly and have proper connectors etc, can it?

Moral, perhaps.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It was only a matter of time, since the ds cart encryption was broken...

Oh well...

And to answer your question.. what stops them from making the cart look exactely the same as an official one? Cost. They would prolly spend more money on creating the cart than it would be worth for them.

Oh, and that's it. I'm never getting jump superstars now. I'll always wonder if it's the pirated one.. :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I love the photocopy quality sticker, and the haphazard sticking job. It`s almost like morality caught them at the last second.

frogg609

yea, i think that if they put forth the effort to make them look as good as real carts then they wouldn't make so much per bootleg.

Also, bootlegs like this are meant to fool people who wouldn't notice the difference such as parents or young kids. People like us will take a closer look, see the off print, photocopy label, and the insanely cheap price and know it's a bootleg.

I dunno, for the graphics at least, a template's a template, it would be just as easy for me to make a realistic one as would be to make a fake one. For parts sure, it's probably just cheaper.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
the androgyne said:
I dunno, for the graphics at least, a template's a template, it would be just as easy for me to make a realistic one as would be to make a fake one. For parts sure, it's probably just cheaper.

There's print quality, paper quality, machine to put the stickers on the carts (and that's prolly made by a human, not a machine), and he prolly gets 2 cents a hour to put the board on the plastic, and stick the sticker on the cart...

Making all of those better (printing, printing paper, sticker placetement on the case) involves investiments.

Pirate sellers don't care about quality. They just want low investiments and big revenue. To provide a cheaper price than original (if it's the same price, who the hell will buy them) and still get a good amount of money per sale, they make a inferior product (that and lazyness).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
drizzle said:
There's print quality, paper quality, machine to put the stickers on the carts (and that's prolly made by a human, not a machine), and he prolly gets 2 cents a hour to put the board on the plastic, and stick the sticker on the cart...

Making all of those better (printing, printing paper, sticker placetement on the case) involves investiments.

Pirate sellers don't care about quality. They just want low investiments and big revenue. To provide a cheaper price than original (if it's the same price, who the hell will buy them) and still get a good amount of money per sale, they make a inferior product (that and lazyness).

Hah! He should just get a new job as a gold farmer. I heard their union is getting stronger.

shuri

Banned
Gaijin To Ronin said:
Sorry, but that hurts my eyes. What is exactly to love of piratery? Screwing developers? stealing their works?
Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

As for those pirate carts, they reprogram used copies of real DS carts just like what was done with that new cheat/media driver device by DATEL.

edit:
Just took a second look and noticed the black contacts. Interesting. Also the reason why those copies are always different somehow different in an obvious way (such as bizzare writing on the carts like Nintundo and stuff) comes from the laws in HK (and this is roughly paraphrased) about how if they made copies with the REAL nintendo logo to pass off as real, if caught, they would be even more in trouble.

That's exactly how they manage(d) to sell and export massive amounts of conteirfeit materials across the world, since it has no logo, or no real logos, nobody cares.

Tarazet

shuri said:
As for those pirate carts, they reprogram used copies of real DS carts just like what was done with that new cheat/media driver device by DATEL.

That's not what it looks like. There is a very clear visual distinction: look at the contacts.

Gaijin To Ronin said:
Sorry, but that hurts my eyes. What is exactly to love of piratery? Screwing developers? stealing their works?

Not all pirates do it to screw developers over. Some just can't afford games in general and have a hard time buying their own food. Of course I'm not saying this is right, just that people have their reasons and don't mean any harm. Distributing pirated software for money is a definite problem but piracy in some cases is not in my opinion.

Back on the subject - pirated NDS games means no buy for cheapness on eBay. I won't be getting my DS games there. If I ever DO get a DS.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Little common sense for all of you readers:

IF you do support piracy, PLEASE don't do it on a board where developers/major piracy fighters hang around. It's like saying you like crack on the rehab clinic forums.
Or something to that extent.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
So I won't ever be able to buy DS games on ebay anymore. Same goes for selling them at eBay as prices are going to fall because of this, thank you, ****ers.

Link1110

I'm not judging anyone, but while the US Phoenix Wright is still available new, but that. We need more sales of that so that ALL the sequels will come here. :D

Aside from quality printing, it seems weird that they're not even always crappy copies of the real thing. "SZGD-20011-ABBB" and "SZGD-50003-A666" are like no proper Nintendo product code in countries I'm familiar with. They tend to be SYSTEMCODE-GAMECODE-COUNTRYCODE.

Ecrofirt

So, does this mean there will be actual DS flash carts out soon, as opposed to cards you have to put in the GBA slot? That would be awesome.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ecrofirt said:
So, does this mean there will be actual DS flash carts out soon, as opposed to cards you have to put in the GBA slot? That would be awesome.

Technically, now that the encription has been broken (homebrew community wasn't looking into the DS Cart Encryption because breaking it would pave the path for proper flashcarts and rampant piracy. The coder of NO$GBA, the best GBA emulator and dev tool out there, cracked the DS code on the latest version of his DS emulator - and before anybody asks, no, it doesn't run commercial games), nothing is in the way of creating a proper DS Flashcart that would run off the DS Slot.

There's already devices called NoPass, which are the sizes of real DS carts and are recognized as DS cartidges by the DS. Thus, the DS runs whatever is programmed on that cart. On the actual version, their sole purpose is redirect execution of DS code through GBA slot (so, let's say, a third generation of PassME's). It also has 2mbit eeprom built in (aka, on the DS cart) for saves.
Software (both homebrew and yarrrr) still has to be ran from the GBA cart slot.

I predict real DS Flashcarts showing up soon. And i hope it comes fast, because i can't wait to run those Scummv games on my DS.

Top Bottom