• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think my apartment may be haunted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

supergiz

So I'm convinced my apartment is haunted. Just to give a bit of back story here, I live in a studio apartment in Brooklyn New York that cost $1075 including utilities. This may seem expensive but the cheapest price of a usual apartment in my area the same size is about $1500 excluding utilities.

The last few days I have noticed a weird smell coming from my apartment. I couldn't find a source of the smell, as I keep this place very clean and there is not much space to check for anything that would cause a smell like this. It smelled similar to a dead animal, and I was convinced that something died behind the walls. I just want to emphasize that the smell started 2 days ago and I have searched the room in every possible space for the source of the smell to no avail.

Now just tonight I come home from work and notice this on the wall near my kitchenette that I haven't used or been near for 2 months.
sp6S69nh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sp6S69n.jpg

Upon inspection of it, I find out it's ketchup but fresh. It comes off easily with a wet towel. The strange thing is I am the only one who has access to my apartment, and I don't have any friends that every come near my apartment. Basically it's just me in here, and no one else ever enters the place.

I'm convinced now that this place is legit haunted. Just as I was typing this I had my desktop pc on a search page for YouTube and on it's own it went to another website. Is there anywhere I can go on the internet to see if either this place is documented as haunted or had someone commit suicide in it or something? I know they have to disclose this kind of stuff but who knows maybe the Landlord kept it hidden.

If you have any other theories how the ketchup ended up on the wall like that I would be interested to hear them as well.

TDLR: Weird smell like dead animal in apartment for two days, discover ketchup smeared all over wall as in picture. Now computer acting on it's own. Is my apartment haunted?

Druz

There's no such thing as ghosts. Even if there were, they shouldn't know anything about computers.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Your place isn't haunted because that doesn't exist, but there may be someone in the house so be safe.

Check closets, seriously.

supergiz

Your place isn't haunted because that doesn't exist, but there may be someone in the house so be safe.

I have a single closet in the place right next to my computer desk. I'm not sure why my landlord would come in and put ketchup like that on the wall. We have a good relationship and my lease ends in a few months. I mean the guy and his wife get me presents. That's how good the relationship is.

I did check closet and it's empty btw.

lem0n

Bad, dead animal smell?

Ketchup splattered on the wall?

Are you sure a really fat guy didn't get shot in your apartment

I think I seen a movie like this or read a story where some girl was living in this guy's house for months and would only go out when he was sleeping or out.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I have a single closet in the place right next to my computer desk. I'm not sure why my landlord would come in and put ketchup like that on the wall. We have a good relationship and my lease ends in a few months. I mean the guy and his wife get me presents. That's how good the relationship is.

I did check closet and it's empty btw.

The presents are so he can use nice things while in your place without having to carry his own stuff each day.

The landlord or someone is using your home mate.

_Nemo

Yeah OP, you should hope it's a ghost. If it's an actual person potentially hiding in your house then that's far more creepy.

Shaffield

oooh you haven't heard the story about the New York Ketchup Phantom? A guy was murdered there for putting ketchup on a hot dog so now he walks between the our world and the world of the dead, splattering gross tomato sauces on inconvenient surfaces to get his revenge

I think that guy from the ketchup prank video got tired of getting sauce all over his own shit and decided to break into your place.

Arcia

Banned
You know what you have to do. Get something that records video, set it up, and see if you catch anything. Only way to truly know.

CTLance

Time to set up some hidden cameras and lay in wait for whoever has been fucking with your stuff, OP.

Although... Maybe it was just an ancient ketchup pack that went bad and exploded from gas buildup or something. An unused kitchenette is the perfect place for forgetting something like that. Would also explain the smell.

Oh, also do a thorough virus/malware scan and disable any screen sharing software you might have installed on your Lappy. Change your password as well, just to be safe.

supergiz

Just to clear out the person died in place before, is there a site or a way to check if there was an unnatural death in your apartment?

Also, sink does not smell of urine.

In addition to that, I'm not getting much if any sleep tonight.

I was also thinking I could have developed sleep walking or something? I am 31 and have never had a case of sleepwalking in my life, but i guess it can come at any time. If that's the case, then what would cause me to sleepwalk and splatter ketchup like that all over the walls?

I'm going to do another look over the apartment to make sure I find nothing strange.

Well, I guess that's that. Game over OP. You had a good run, but you're pretty much fucked now. Just sign a will and be done with it, because if American ghost media has taught me something; when a ghost decides to haunt somebody, they stalk them endlessly like a MRA guy trying to get out of the friendzone with that one girl he went to school with and smiled at him once.

Can I get your stuff?

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Just to clear out the person died in place before, is there a site or a way to check if there was an unnatural death in your apartment?

Also, sink does not smell of urine.

In addition to that, I'm not getting much if any sleep tonight.

I was also thinking I could have developed sleep walking or something? I am 31 and have never had a case of sleepwalking in my life, but i guess it can come at any time. If that's the case, then what would cause me to sleepwalk and splatter ketchup like that all over the walls?

I'm going to do another look over the apartment to make sure I find nothing strange.
I was just about to say, maybe you're sleep walking?

akira28

yes a hotdog microwaving, ketchup bottle dropping ghost is haunting your apartment when you're not there. Probably using the place to have sex with his ghost mistress behind his ghost wife's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom