• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think my apartment may be haunted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby_fox

Banned
I'd guess someone was coming in or living in the crawlspace over a ghost. Logic conclusions before jumping to paranormal ones.

Plus on GAF all you'll get is "lol ghosts don't exist" over and over.

supergiz

Damn, if this were me I'd be sleeping somewhere else tonight. I seriously doubt your place is haunted and I'm more scared of the fact that you could have someone breaking in and using your stuff.

Is that fireplace big? As somebody else mentioned I'd worry someone is living in one of the crevices of your house like that cupboard lady and it looks like somebody could squeeze through that opening.

Fireplace is big enough for someone to fit through, but I just got down on my hands and knees to check with a flashlight through the gratings. There is a giant pipe going down no where near enough space for someone to fit inside. At least I feel good knowing no way someone could get in that way, as that thing is scary as shit.

Yawnier

Banned
Smell could be a rat or even a mouse... Even something as small as a dead mouse can leave a bad smell in an area for a while, if there is one lying dead in your apartment somewhere under a piece of furniture, in your wall or something.

Phased

Do you take anything to help you sleep? Ambien made me do some really weird stuff that I never had any memory of, which is why I don't use it anymore. I'd call up people and talk about imaginary trains in my livingroom and stuff, or so they tell me.

Alebrije

729x250.jpg

supergiz

Do you take anything to help you sleep? Ambien made me do some really weird stuff that I never had any memory of, which is why I don't use it anymore. I'd call up people and talk about imaginary trains in my livingroom and stuff, or so they tell me.

Nope just Adderall 15mg extended release every morning. I have been extremely tired these last 2 months, and have been going off of 4-5 hours a sleep average per night instead of the usual 8 I am used to getting.

If you get a webcam, make sure you open it so all of GAF can watch the stream for you and keep an eye out.

Do this OP and then enter your house in the middle of the day and act really sketchy while eating a hotdog. Nobody here knows what you look like, they'll all freak out.

Suggestion on camera? I've been looking on Amazon last 20 minutes and this is the cheapest one I can find that seems to be decent.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H3Q8QB4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I honestly haven't bought a PC camera in years, so I wouldn't know what to recommend. Maybe somebody else here could help you with that. But I suppose that any wireless camera, or even an iOS/ Android smartphone or tablet that outputs at a decent resolution could work.

What I do recommend though, is using a piece of software like ispy (which is open source) or something similar: http://www.ispyconnect.com/

It will turn your camera into a motion detector. The camera will only record when it detects any noteworthy movement in the area and it will save you a lot of harddrive space and having to seek through hours of dead video.

evanmisha

Just ordered this camera on Amazon. Coming today strangely enough even though I ordered it at 12:23 am EST.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006I0KL6Y/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm setting it up as soon as I get it today and getting to the bottom of this. God I hope I don't have a sleepwalking issue, as this would scare me more than any of the above things.

The thought of ghosts actually existing is less scary than you doing a little sleep eating?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Do this OP and then enter your house in the middle of the day and act really sketchy while eating a hotdog. Nobody here knows what you look like, they'll all freak out.

I know what he looks like. I once watched him try to catch a bird

If you get a webcam, make sure you open it so all of GAF can watch the stream for you and keep an eye out.

Do this. Would be amazing and boring for most of the time.

Nope just Adderall 15mg extended release every morning. I have been extremely tired these last 2 months, and have been going off of 4-5 hours a sleep average per night instead of the usual 8 I am used to getting.

so basically you have chronic sleep deprivation and wonder why you may not remember stuff you did. Get that sleep, and watch your "ghost" and paranoia take a hike. Seriously, this is a huge toll on your health.

The thought of ghosts actually existing is less scary than you doing a little sleep eating?

You never know what goes on while you are away. 6 or 7 years ago I was paranoid that somebody was going through my place while I was at work, because I started noticing little things being moved around when I returned home

I hid a camera that was plugged into my PC and recorded my living room while I was away. It turns out that I was right, and I managed to catch my landlord walking through my place and rifling through my mail while I was out.

Ebris

Fireplace is big enough for someone to fit through, but I just got down on my hands and knees to check with a flashlight through the gratings. There is a giant pipe going down no where near enough space for someone to fit inside. At least I feel good knowing no way someone could get in that way, as that thing is scary as shit.
tooms-754767.jpg

v1lla21

So no one else is concerned about OP licking ghost jizz off of the wall?

Op, looks like you have an extraordinary case of the phenomenon known to the mortal world as ghost bukkake. You must cover the wall that was recently phantom shot with your own cum. This way the top bukkake ghosts can collect your jizz and have safe passage to orgasmia.

Chabbles

Strange smell and ketchup on the wall ?, sounds like ghost activity. Did you lick the "ketchup" to make sure it wasnt blood ?

scabro

I am on good terms with my Landlord. He is not the kind of person that would ever do something like that. But yes, my work hours are consistent.

hey OP, i dont presume to know you or your landlord, but there have been serial killers who's friends and neighbors swore would never be capable of such a thing.

dont just throw out the possibility because you think hes a nice guy. someone is fucking with your shit if youre telling the truth.

Vanish

my firefox completely crashed opening this topic and your scary ketchup picture. Coincidence? i think not. your place is haunted and it's spreading

supergiz

Strange smell and ketchup on the wall ?, sounds like ghost activity. Did you lick the "ketchup" to make sure it wasnt blood ?

I smelled it. That's how I determined it was ketchup. I just spent some money on diedinhouse.com and was able to find out in 2007 a family member of my landlord died, but they do not have concrete information on whether it happened in the house. Any way for me to investigate this further?

Btw to those asking about the camera, I have it coming today from Amazon. As soon as I get it i'll set it up.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I smelled it. That's how I determined it was ketchup. I just spent some money on diedinhouse.com and was able to find out in 2007 a family member of my landlord died, but they do not have concrete information on whether it happened in the house. Any way for me to investigate this further?

Btw to those asking about the camera, I have it coming today from Amazon. As soon as I get it i'll set it up.

Dude please leave this ghost thing alone. It's not ghosts and you should stop wasting money on that nonsense.

Worry about the person who keeps breaking into your place. Not ghosts.

supergiz

Dude please leave this ghost thing alone. It's not ghosts and you should stop wasting money on that nonsense.

Worry about the person who keeps breaking into your place. Not ghosts.

Ok I'm going to get the ghost stuff out of my mind. Hopefully the surveillance cam will uncover the reason for all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom