• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference 2015

What do you want from Sony's E3?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the four Devolver Digital games from the conference, I think you're thinking of Eitr since it has really large sprites and she's got a sword and shield as one of the various weapons they show in the footage:

http://youtu.be/ZWFCz6qgl3M

The Devolver games shown were Ronin, Eitr, Mother Russia Bleeds, and Crossing Souls. Eitr is the medieval combat game you asked about.

Yeap thats the one! thanks a lot guys

GeoramA

Sony went light on indies at E3, understandably, but I'm super hyped for Mother Russia Bleeds and Crossing Souls. They both look complete batshit.

The hype has settled, I actually know what I'm playing this year on my PS4. I've valued the competition's offerings. And yup, Sony still had one of the best E3's of all time. Lights out. This was no nostalgic fantasy playing on emotions. There's so much good stuff from third party coming this year Sony's first party's absence is hardly noticed. From NMS, to TLG, to SF5, PS4 solidified itself IMO, as a must-have console.

Damn....what a show.

Circinus

LTTP, my thoughts:

It was pretty good.

- The Last Guardian looks very intriguing, but I wasn't particularly impressed with what I saw, though I remain very interested obviously. Maybe my expectations for The Last Guardian were just too high
- Horizon: Zero Dawn was a great reveal trailer
- Dreams looks very intriguing and I love Media Molecule's ambition
- Final Fantasy VII was a great trailer.
- Shenmue III did nothing for me since I'm not familiar with the franchise and I'm not sure if an E3 media briefing is where it's the optimal place to reveal a KickStarter, but okay, it's good on SCEA that they want to help give exposure to Yu Suzuki's KickStarter I guess
- RIGS: Mechanized Combat League looks fantastic in terms of art direction and gameplay, but that trailer was doing a bad job at selling the game I think
- Morpheus should have gotten way more spotlight. I'm very interested in VR and they didn't really sell me on it all.
- Star Wars: Battlefront looks great
- Hitman was a great trailer (exclusive missions make me scratch me head though)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III looks okay (timed exclusive DLC is annoying for almost every consumer though)
- Assassin's Creed: Syndicate looks great (both visually and gameplay wise), but a bit samey to other AC games (timed exclusive missions is annoying again)
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars showcase (meh, showing it back to back with Star Wars Battlefront with some of the same scenes from the movies makes it look a bit tiresome and uhh again they make such a big deal about a timed exclusive figurine that I would prefer if it would be instantly available on every platform..)
- Uncharted 4 looks great, I'm loving the more wide, open linear design of the game. Otherwise, it looks like more of the same as previous Uncharted games, not a bad thing per se.

Also, they should have shown Ratchet & Clank, The Tomorrow Children, Tearaway Unfolded imho. And cut down some of the multiplatform games that were already showcased in other conferences.

Lemondish

LTTP, my thoughts:

It was pretty good.

- The Last Guardian looks very intriguing, but I wasn't particularly impressed with what I saw, though I remain very interested obviously. Maybe my expectations for The Last Guardian were just too high
- Horizon: Zero Dawn was a great reveal trailer
- Dreams looks very intriguing and I love Media Molecule's ambition
- Final Fantasy VII was a great trailer.
- Shenmue III did nothing for me since I'm not familiar with the franchise and I'm not sure if an E3 media briefing is where it's the optimal place to reveal a KickStarter, but okay, it's good on SCEA that they want to help give exposure to Yu Suzuki's KickStarter I guess
- RIGS: Mechanized Combat League looks fantastic in terms of art direction and gameplay, but that trailer was doing a bad job at selling the game I think
- Morpheus should have gotten way more spotlight. I'm very interested in VR and they didn't really sell me on it all.
- Star Wars: Battlefront looks great
- Hitman was a great trailer (exclusive missions make me scratch me head though)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III looks okay (timed exclusive DLC is annoying for almost every consumer though)
- Assassin's Creed: Syndicate looks great (both visually and gameplay wise), but a bit samey to other AC games (timed exclusive missions is annoying again)
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars showcase (meh, showing it back to back with Star Wars Battlefront with some of the same scenes from the movies makes it look a bit tiresome and uhh again they make such a big deal about a timed exclusive figurine that I would prefer if it would be instantly available on every platform..)
- Uncharted 4 looks great, I'm loving the more wide, open linear design of the game. Otherwise, it looks like more of the same as previous Uncharted games, not a bad thing per se.

Also, they should have shown Ratchet & Clank, The Tomorrow Children, Tearaway Unfolded imho. And cut down some of the multiplatform games that were already showcased in other conferences.

They showed all those before or after the show. Only so much time.

Did you see the Oculus Rift presentation? It was generally considered awkward and really bad. It solidified the fact that VR can't really be shown off at a press conference. I'm also not so sure why you expected this to sell you on it when it isn't coming out anytime soon. Expect it at PSX.

Circinus, I could've sworn you were banned as a junior member. Bans at junior status are almost always permanent, so what makes you so special? ;)

Circinus

Yeah, that makes sense, but personally I would have liked to see the reactions on the debut trailer of Ratchet & Clank (if it wasn't shown a week or two prior to E3) from the audience, and I don't know, giving attention to Ratchet & Clank is never a bad thing. :)

Also, personally, I'd rather have seen some more gameplay of Tearaway or The Tomorrow Children rather than hearing than hearing a lot of boasting about timed exclusive content in multiplatform games. I mean, there's nothing wrong with showing great multiplatform games coming to your platform (from the standpoint of SCE), but the concept of timed exclusive content etc always irks me a bit.

Did you see the Oculus Rift presentation? It was generally considered awkward and really bad. It solidified the fact that VR can't really be shown off at a press conference. I'm also not so sure why you expected this to sell you on it when it isn't coming out anytime soon. Expect it at PSX.

No, I didn't see the Oculus Rift presentation. Even if it was bad, I don't think it would soldify that VR can't be shown off at a press conference. You can still some gameplay trailers of games that are going to work with VR, just like you show gameplay trailers for regular gamepad/keyboard&mouse-controlled games.

Something like RIGS or EVE: Valkyrie can perfectly be shown off like a regular trailer or gameplay demo. People who watch the trailer can only imagine that it will be even more immersive in VR.

Loudninja

Good thing they showed Ratchet and Clank an announced the Uncharted Collection before E3.

Those would have been bury.

TomShoe

Banned
Good thing they showed Ratchet and Clank an announced the Uncharted Collection before E3.

Those would have been bury.

I remember seeing the "Everything was Pre-E3" panic on GAF with everyone worried Sony would have nothing to show. Funny to look back on it now.

I remember seeing the "Everything was Pre-E3" panic on GAF with everyone worried Sony would have nothing to show. Funny to look back on it now.

Sure is, though it was funny at the time too. All the people going on about how their show was just going to be third party multiplatform games and such, ignoring Verendus' hints and acting like Sony's first parties have mysteriously vanished over the last couple of years (though even the press, like Giant Bomb, seem to perpetuate that ridiculous idea).

Anyway, for an improvement next year, I'd like to see SCEA copy SCEE. Instead of having a couple of talking heads on their stream before the show, show all the trailers of first party games that aren't going to be featured during their conference. They may not be suited for the actual conference but you can still try to use it as a free opportunity to expose R&C, Rime, Rapture, etc. to all the people watching it.

I'd also like to see a much better organised stream. I tried to watch it a couple of times but I spent more time watching their breaks than I did actually watching any content. That Nintendo, of all companies, has outclassed both Sony and Microsoft in this regard for two years straight, should be pretty embarrassing to them.

JP

Have been thinking about my favourite announcements from E3 and although they're PS4 games, I don't think that either was really mentioned at the conference. The two games that get it for me are two that I was really. really hoping for going into the show but one seemed unlikely and the second game seemed impossible.

To hear that both TrackMania and Kerbal Space Program were on the way to the PS4 really surprised me and made me so happy. Can't wait to finally get a go on both these games.

Epix

No word from Sony Santa Monica at the conference. Any leaks on what they're working on (GoW) or how far along they are?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wow they left it that late?

I know, just wondering when they'll start talking about it.

My assumption is they'll focus on TGS and Paris, then when Paris is done they'll start talking about PSX. Keep that PR ball rolling without distracting from the next events.

Sorry if i bump this thread.

I'm member of Neogaf from a couple days but i followed this thread whit passion. What a fantastic conference. I don't think it will be surpassed for years and years. I was so happy and sometimes i rewatch the GameTrailers reaction. So magic. Finally The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3 and FFVII are here. And Horizon and Uncharted 4 too.

I wanted to be part of all this. Thanks NeoGaf!

You guys think they can top this in 2016? All thsts left are release date on tlg... Lmao

Crash Bandicoot
Half Life 3
Agent

Believe

Still, even if this happens, nothing to me will ever top 2015. The execution, the PSX Final Fantasy Troll, TLG as first game showed...

Even if they pull a Crash Bandicoot on us (i will die of joy), it will feel more like the E3 2013 FFXV/KH3 amazing reveal. But nothing will ever top this 2015 E3 conference.

Boke1879

Sorry if i bump this thread.

I'm member of Neogaf from a couple days but i followed this thread whit passion. What a fantastic conference. I don't think it will be surpassed for years and years. I was so happy and sometimes i rewatch the GameTrailers reaction. So magic. Finally The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3 and FFVII are here. And Horizon and Uncharted 4 too.

I wanted to be part of all this. Thanks NeoGaf!

WELCOME!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Crash Bandicoot
Half Life 3
Agent

Believe

Can also be:
Agent
Chrono Break
Crash Bandicoot

Basically more impossible dreams than E3 2015.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The theater I was in went goddamn bunkers at the TLG/FFVIIR/S3 combo.

It was so worth going through the website that kept going down.

Zetta

This truly was the conference of dreams. It was like a checklist of what everyone thought was impossible. Still watch it to this day and I just can't believe all this is coming out.

CelticVegas, welcome and enjoy the ride. Usually bumping old threads like this results in a ban, but I don't think this will be the case, since this conference was indeed legendary! Heheh

This truly was the conference of dreams. It was like a checklist of what everyone thought was impossible. Still watch it to this day and I just can't believe all this is coming out.

I'm still convinced that one of the mods was somehow privy to inside info having put all three major reveals in the poll ahead of time.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Lmao, the 3 things in the poll that probably weren't going to happen, and it freaking happened. Miracles happened. GOAT Conference.

CelticVegas, welcome and enjoy the ride. Usually bumping old threads like this results in a ban, but I don't think this will be the case, since this conference was indeed legendary! Heheh

Thank you. I know that i can get banned, but i had to do this. Mods can do what they must do, i understand. I just wanted to say thank you for the emotions. I live in Italy and the conference was really late at night, almost morning. I did not sleep that day because i was too happy. I regret nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom