• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Elite Controller Vidoc

Omni

Did they add a share button like on PlayStation? Can't watch right now.

That's probably the only reason I'd buy one, tbh.

clav

Thumbstick wear out problem confirmed.

They lose grip over time and develop a clicking syndrome.

I knew it!

HUELEN10

Will buy one if I can afford it AND if Sonic Unleashed gets added to BC list.

IF that happens, day fucking one.

KAP151

I really, really want that controller.

But I aint paying the inevitable pants down round your ankles price that MS in Australia will charge.

clav

So the vidoc says engineers added a low friction material to keep the sticks from clicking.

People have tried stuffing paper or some expoxy on the original controllers to fix the problem.

I haven't done mine yet, but hm.

Mindlog

I bought this controller 10 years ago I've just been waiting for it to come out. In that time I've been whining non-stop about the lack of controller advancement and specialization so this is an automatic buy for me.

Follow the Mice!
Great balance between price and quality at every level.
A form factor for all the differently shaped and sized hands.
A form factor for every grip.

9e9rfIh.jpg
If only.

Omni

Just double tab the Xbox home button. Does the same exact thing.
Clunky as hell. If you're playing a demanding game the whole system chugs... You can be stuck waiting for the game DVR to load for minutes. Other times you'll accidentally press it too many times because of said lag and it'll bring you back to the home screen. Which is hardly ideal while playing multiplayer games or whatever.

Would have been the perfect time to just put an extra button somewhere. Or allow us to map the capture buttons to the paddles underneath.

Tenebrous

It does look pretty cool, but for £129.99, I just can't justify it.

I hope someone tests this against the Steam Controller. It'll be interesting to see the results.

RM8

Useless to me if the d-pad is not superb, and the d-pad on the regular XB1 controller is the opposite of superb :x This is honestly a very, very tough sell unless I can try it. MS just doesn't get d-pads.

Yeah I'm really wanting this product. I love the extra long sticks and the paddles on the back are awesome. Having the button remapping available on the fly is incredible. Both of my controllers are already on the fritz due to the sticks. Having them made of metal is perfect.

Apt101

I love this hobby. Getting this into a controller. It reminds me of what it's like to go shopping for a new pistol or bow (I like to shoot targets at the range).

Leynos

Useless to me if the d-pad is not superb, and the d-pad on the regular XB1 controller is the opposite of superb :x This is honestly a very, very tough sell unless I can try it. MS just doesn't get d-pads.

No kidding - if the D-pad isn't fantastic then the rest of the improvements mean nothing to me. Can you map a turbo function to any of the buttons?

I'll be grabbing at least 2 of these bad boys. I dislike the "grinding" feeling from the standard controller, two of mine from launch of the X1 both have that issue now. I'd rather replace with these Elite controllers.

Also finally a mappable controller for Halo, GruntHeadshotConfetti.GIF

It's bloody gorgeous and so much time has gone into it, even the carry case is sublime. Being that I play a lot of shooters I'm already locked in.

It's just a shame that it doesn't look like anywhere here in Australia is going to stock them, at least not that they all know of.

Lemonte

For me 360 controller lasts less than 6 months playing trackmania on pc. After that left stick becomes too loose and inaccurate for me. How likely is that this new pro controller lasts longer?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I wish they'd make a standard controller with just the non-wear-and-tear metal thumb sticks. I'd buy that.

150 bucks? As a PC Gamer, Count me out!

I might have to swallow my words when my wireless x360 bites the dust, but until then! No thanks!

Prine

Banned
The Lambo of controllers. Already got this pre-ordered - friends will be in awe when they come round...Halo 5 is going to be something else with this :D

In Australia I know that it will cost me my first child and a kidney. I think its cool but I just cant get one unless it has a good price drop.

Goddard

PC gamer here, although I would never play an fps with a controller, this thing looks super sexy and I would love to have on for console games. God damn all steel.

senahorse

Not a pro gamer, nor competitive. But I do play most games on PC with a pad, and I tend to go through the 360 pads semi-regularly, willing to give this a go, ordered :D.

Does it come with a wireless adapter?

Crud

Banned
This a controller that you will put down lightly when you rage quit. Shit I know I will. Gentle as fuck.

PC gamer here, although I would never play an fps with a controller, this thing looks super sexy and I would love to have on for console games. God damn all steel.

I echo these sentiments. If I end up picking up an Xbone for Halo 5, I'm 100% grabbing one of these bitches as well.

Top Bottom