• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight season pass includes all retailer-exclusive content

The Batman Arkham Knight season pass includes all content for the game, including those exclusive to specific retailers.

Following initial confusion, a post on the Warner Bros. Forums has sought to make things clear and explain that retailer content will become available once its period of exclusivity expires.

"Throughout the 6 months of additional Batman: Arkham Knight content, Premium and Season Pass owners will receive all in-game content that is offered through various retail pre-order incentives. This includes the Harley Quinn and Red Hood Story Packs, as well as any Batmobile or Booster Pack that was available as early bonuses for pre-order of the game. For those who did not receive the content with their game, these items will become available when their respective exclusivity windows expire in August/September.

"The tl;dr version of this is: Premium Edition & Season Pass owners will receive all retail exclusive DLC after their respective early access periods expire
."
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/batma..._includes_all_retailer-exclusive_content.html

Well that's helpful at least. I wonder if that means that you could (theoretically) get the GOTY edition before they announce an official one, since the SP includes all the stuff that's normally in that.

DrArchon

Well that's certainly nice of them. Nothing worse than being locked out of content because you bought it at the wrong place.

Now about that season pass price...

Tizoc

Well now we don't have to worry in case this
1992-batmobile.jpg

Is a retailer/console exclusive :V

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Cool to hear and makes the Season Pass more appealing, but shame we'll have to wait until August/September when most of us will have already Platinumed the game.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Season Pass is 10% off for pre-orders on PSN(or effectively $30 with the cost of the base game), so I may bite. With the $15 rebate for spending $100 on the store, I may actually get it.

Will be super bummed though if the majority is a bunch of dumb combat challenges over time.

LiK

Takes away the unwanted worry of getting the content later. I know some guys were worried about that.

In a way this is better than not including it, but in a way this approach makes it way easier to put whatever you want into retailer-exclusive preorders and not feel bad about it. I'd much rather do away with retailer-exclusive content altogether than have a very expensive workaround for it.

SomTervo

After watching a bit of a stream of this game last night, I'm genuinely tempted to go in for the Season Pass. Haven't had that since The Last Of Us's Season Pass.

This game looks like it will be a real achievement in terms of fidelity and level design. There were bits where it looked like the person was playing a pre-rendered CGI Batman movie. And the extent to which he could explore crannies of the city, approach enemies and encounters from different angles, was staggering. At one point I also swear there were more than 60 individuals on screen; pedestrians and criminals walking about and interacting, almost like GTA. Without losing the fidelity. It looked amazing and I didn't expect that at all.

I get the feeling it may be a gameworld we want to keep spending time in well after the credits roll, so a Season Pass may look like a worthwhile purchase. That's taking for granted that the content is up to scratch.

jacobeid

Banned
Do we know how *much* story content we'll be getting in the season pass? If not I'll just wait because that's all I care about to be honest.

Well that simplifies things. I am going all out for this game as its the last Rocksteady Batman I think. Got my collector's edition and will probably get the season pass too and my wallet recovers.

Shauni

Does this not kind of devalue the pass for some people though? Like, if you pre-ordered at Gamestop, you got a decent chunk of the season pass already. Unless I'm misunderstanding and you all that content on top of the content of the pass

I kind of thought this was a given, but considering the state of the industry and responses in this thread, maybe that was a bit naive. I bought the season pass already on this assumption. I don't really have a choice due to outside circumstances, but I would have liked to get the Red Hood pack early. Oh well, guess I'll wait.

ps3ud0

I kind of thought this was a given, but considering the state of the industry and responses in this thread, maybe that was a bit naive. I bought the season pass already on this assumption. I don't really have a choice due to outside circumstances, but I would have liked to get the Red Hood pack early. Oh well, guess I'll wait.
I was thinking the same thing - I know Origins had one piece of DLC that wasnt included in the season pass but cant remember if it was retailer exclusive.

Surely a season pass includes every piece of DLC normally - thats my expectation outside of games like Borderlands 2 that has so much post-launch support you wouldnt expect the launch season pass to include it all.

As always Ill buy the season pass when its reduced.

ps3ud0 8)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Do we know how *much* story content we'll be getting in the season pass? If not I'll just wait because that's all I care about to be honest.

At least one bit of 'story content' was announced(Batgirl "prequel" campaign), but details are non-existent. No one really knows anything else beyond new skins, new car shit, combat challenges, and other less exciting things that was suggested at Pass reveal. It's possible that there will be more meatier content than just Batgirl, but details are slim as WB is tight-lipped. It could very easily be another Mordor situation leaving everyone very let-down as a risk.

I was thinking the same thing - I know Origins had one piece of DLC that wasnt included in the season pass but cant remember if it was retailer exclusive.

Surely a season pass includes every piece of DLC normally - thats my expectation outside of games like Borderlands 2 that has so much post-launch support you wouldnt expect the launch season pass to include it all.

ps3ud0 8)

Oh yeah, the Black Mask pack wasn't in the season pass. It was only a handful of maps that was eventually released for $2.50. The Red Hood pack is at least more substantial than that, but still, not something to take for granted.

Falchion

Awesome! Even though it's expensive I'll be getting the season pass at some point so it's nice I'll get everything that wasn't included at Walmart.

jacobeid

Banned
At least one bit of 'story content' was announced(Batgirl "prequel" campaign), but details are non-existent. No one really knows anything else beyond new skins, new car shit, combat challenges, and other less exciting things that was suggested at Pass reveal. It's possible that there will be more meatier content than just Batgirl, but details are slim as WB is tight-lipped. It could very easily be another Mordor situation leaving everyone very let-down as a risk.

I already have the base game ready for preload on Steam, so I think that I will just wait for the details and end up grabbing the story DLC later.

Plenty to play in the meantime.

Thanks for the reply!

Great news. If any AusGAFers are on the fence, OzGameShop still has the Premium version (game and season pass) for $47.99. I assume Americans and everyone else can probably buy it, too, since they just e-mail the Steam key. $48 Australian is only like $40 US.

sflufan

Banned
After the craptacular content that was the Shadow of Mordor Season Pass, this still ain't enough for me to bite.

I'll purchase the story-related DLC pieces individually if they turn out to be worthwhile.

So, just like the Mordor premium edition/season pass. Excellent, although I hope the dlc is better than it was for that game.

There were a few things missing. The Black Mask challenges, the 2 supply drops, and the villains' vanity packs. The vanity packs were retailer exclusive but they were only for multiplayer so it didn't really matter much.

So we're in part paying for content that already exists and has already been paid for by the retailer as part of their deal? Wow.

sflufan

Banned
So, just like the Mordor premium edition/season pass. Excellent, although I hope the dlc is better than it was for that game.

It couldn't get much worse (well, except for that Harley Quinn DLC for Arkham City - that SUCKED!).

The two story-related DLCs for Shadow of Mordor -- the only parts of the Season Pass that I gave a damn about -- were mediocre at best (and that's being generous).

Top Bottom