• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

My to try list:

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Chaos Dragon
God Eater
Gate
Overlord
Rokka no Yuusha
Ushio to Tora
Gangsta

And I'll be continuing with Arslan Senki, because its awesome.

And maybe Watchman crowds? Would need to watch the first season but I'm busy watching something else atm.

Gatchaman CROWDS Insight - Episode 0

That was great. Though it will probably end up having more action than the rest of the season combined. Can't see the thing with Hajime's suit going well. The song at the end was pretty good, hope that's the OP.

BONES' new show is likely a big big project. It might also be transmedia. The synopsis makes it clear that this is exactly what Aikawa was talking about back in May.

Concrete Revolutio - Chojin Genso

Tokyo have reached a golden age, and countless superpowered heroes are overflowing the city. These heroes originate from various origins - wanting to fight evil, coming from outer space, coming from a magical world, born from an ancient lineage of yokai, a robot created by brilliant scientists, or even an OOPArt robot. Regardless of their nature, the abundance of these heroes everywhere mean that the Japanese government can no longer turn a blind eye to the situation...

Oh cool, so Civil War but in Japan.

Cornbread78

Itazure na kiss ep. 3-8
gif_04.gif

I must say this show has been a good watch so far. The MC can be a real douche since he is a sarcastic genius who talks down to our heroine constantly. However, when he shows weekness he is great; they call that tsundere, lol. It os an interesting change having a tsundere male lead instead of the heroine. In addition to that, the first couple episides take place in H.S, but we have already moved on to college life, so the more mature setting is much appreciated. Looks like this is 25 episodes total, so hopefully, the MC fully matures then recognizes and appreciates the unrequited love our heroine has been giving him the whole time. She really is a good character, it's just a shame she causes him so many problems, lol.

Holy Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuking Shit! Im so fucking happy right now. D-Gray Man is coming back sometime July 17.

Now I'm heading off to MangaGaf.

Maedhros

Well, I think this is the season I'll go back to watching animes.

So many things I lost in the past seasons... specially Jojo Part. 3 S2.

Anyway, is anime still trash?

BONES' new show is likely a big big project. It might also be transmedia. The synopsis makes it clear that this is exactly what Aikawa was talking about back in May.

Concrete Revolutio - Chojin Genso

Tokyo have reached a golden age, and countless superpowered heroes are overflowing the city. These heroes originate from various origins - wanting to fight evil, coming from outer space, coming from a magical world, born from an ancient lineage of yokai, a robot created by brilliant scientists, or even an OOPArt robot. Regardless of their nature, the abundance of these heroes everywhere mean that the Japanese government can no longer turn a blind eye to the situation...

I had to search what was OOPArt.

Interesting, at least they try to make something a bit different. Well, different in comparison with the current industry, it's really pretty inspired by Watchmen (given how rare are supers in Japanese media in first place).

Beats

Hmm, skimming the links/anichart...don't think there's anything for me this season on the TV side. Guess I'll finish up some old shows and maybe check out a couple of first episodes from this season at least.

also I see that Taifuu no Narada had its theatrical release already. Was it well received?

duckroll

I had to search what was OOPArt.

Interesting, at least they try to make something a bit different. Well, different in comparison with the current industry, it's really pretty inspired by Watchmen (given how rare are supers in Japanese media in first place).

Mizushima and Aikawa both seem very political and kinda edgy in what they direct and write respectively, so this could be a good fit for them. I just hope they plan it out well and have a proper story arc which is satisfying. Un-Go was actually a really interesting take on the material, but the execution was really muddled and 11 episodes were clearly not enough to develop the characters and setting they wanted to explore. At least this is 2-cours.

PK Gaming

Gatchaman Crowds 3-4

Real talk—Rui is probably the most compelling character right now.
The fact that he's the creator of GALAX
puts him in a really interesting position in the plot, and his relationship with that demon alien is hella intriguing. Really interested in seeing how his story plays out.

kewlmyc

Gatchaman Crowds 3-4

Real talk—Rui is probably the most compelling character right now.
The fact that he's the creator of GALAX
puts him in a really interesting position in the plot, and his relationship with that demon alien is hella intriguing. Really interested in seeing how his story plays out.

Rui is awesome. Actually, this is one of the few shows where I found all the characters likeable. Hopefully the second season is the same.

Cornbread78

Rui is awesome. Actually, this is one of the few shows where I found all the characters likeable. Hopefully the second season is the same.

If you like Slice of Life/ comedy stuff check out The Kawai Complex as well, everyone except the "heroine" is pretty good.

Looks to be a pretty dreadful season, with nothing that wholly interests me.

Possible watch list:

Gatchaman Crowds Insight
Gangsta
God Eater

duckroll

*cite Watchmen as an inspiration*

*goes with these sorts of character designs*

Interesting choice by the staff...............

The art and design of Watchmen is rooted in the template of what superheroes look like historically in western comics. It makes sense to me that when attempting to make something like that based in Japanese culture, that the art and design would be rooted in the template of what superheroes look like historically in Japanese manga and anime - Cyborg 009, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, Sailor Moon, Tetsujin-28, etc. I think we'll probably be seeing a good mix of that sort of look, but adapted to a modern anime art style.

zulux21

yay the summer thread. New Summer series I plan on checking out
Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Senyaku
Gakkou Gurashi!
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 
Jitsu wa Watashi wa
God Eater
Ushio to Tora (TV)
Rokka no Yuusha
Gangsta.
Charlotte
Overlord
Ranpo Kidan: Game of Laplace
Aoharu x Kikanjuu

new summer series I will only watch when it's dubbed
Dragon Ball Super

anime I am continuing from the spring season
Ore Monogatari
Food Wars.

anime I will continue to watch as broadcast dubs
Arslan Senki (TV) 
Kekkai Sensen
Denpa Kyoushi (TV)
Owari no Seraph

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Isn't it kind of risque to have a title that references Star☆Jewel of all things? It's not even a current show!

javac

I was going to say that I guess I'll check out DBS once it's done, but who knows how long that shit will be so maybe I won't. Still haven't seen the films.

zulux21

I was going to say that I guess I'll check out DBS once it's done, but who knows how long that shit will be so maybe I won't. Still haven't seen the films.

you don't need to see the films at all, they are going to be included in db super as arcs with content before (likely in-between) and after them before they move onto the new big story arc.

MSMrRound

Summer watch list:

1. Prison School
2. Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist
3. Gate
4. Durarara!!x2 Ten
5. Charlotte

Continue watching:

1. Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma.

Thinking of dropping: Ore Monogatari. It's all nice and fluffy and cute, but episode 3 seems to be the peak.

Will look around for titles for pick up on as well. Really need to continue with Working! Season 1. 4 episodes in, still not feeling it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom