• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadius

Banned
I thought that the love story was well done. Actually, anything related to Tsukasa and Isla was good. You're right that the comedy sucked though. I wish it wasn't there in the first place.

You win.

I wasn't trying to win anything!!

Oh, it's going to be great.

ZSr3Dze.png

So good.

Tizoc

Japan can't make a damn military anime without throwing in catgirls and moes and lolis.

Time to catch up on Ninja Slayer, forgot it already started XO

Will check out Gangsta, Overworld, get Prison School for my friend, Ushio and Tora.

Arcadius

Banned
Japan can't make a damn military anime without throwing in catgirls and moes and lolis.

Time to catch up on Ninja Slayer, forgot it already started XO

Will check out Gangsta, Overworld, get Prison School for my friend, Ushio and Tora.

But the cat girls and moe and lolis is what makes things so much fun!

I thought that the love story was well done. Actually, anything related to Tsukasa and Isla was good. You're right that the comedy sucked though. I wish it wasn't there in the first place.

You win.

Episode 2 has been nothing but a really bad attempt at comedy. And I really can't stand watching Isla suck ass at her job by being a "ugguuu kawaii clumsy girl" and tripping over shit. And she looks like she's prepubescent. I dunno. The show tries for comedy at some points, but the whole prepubescent girl acting like an early onset dementia patient and a clumsy animu girl isn't really funny and the drama hasn't really been good at all. If anything its just kind of grotesque.

Cornbread78

Is Plastic Memories some trashy show that somehow became popular on Crunchy, or is it actually legit good and I just don't get it? Because I don't give a fuck about the female Droid. I hate her, and the humor in this show just falls flat on its face. It is like a shit version of Your Lie in April, which also had horrendously done humor scenes but at least had some endearing characters.

Is there anything actually good on Crunchy right now?

Episode 2 has been nothing but a really bad attempt at comedy. And I really can't stand watching Isla suck ass at her job by being a "ugguuu kawaii clumsy girl" and tripping over shit. And she looks like she's prepubescent. I dunno. The show tries for comedy at some points, but the whole prepubescent girl acting like an early onset dementia patient and a clumsy animu girl isn't really funny and the drama hasn't really been good at all. If anything its just kind of grotesque.

Once you clear those parts and get into the second half the series really starts to shine.

Gatchaman Crowds - 1

Also decided to check this out with its S2 coming up and everybody talking about it.

It's cool. Hajime is cute with her curious and happy personality. Animation is all right too.

Gonna have to watch more to get a better impression of the show, but yeah I'm liking what I see so far.

Once you clear those parts and get into the second half the series really starts to shine.

I'll attempt to power through it.

I actually just got to the scene where the red haired chick calls out MC on being a pedo. But it seems like the series will just kind of brush it off. And while red haired chick is correct, she's such an insufferable character. I think anime-isms are really starting to piss me off.

Is Plastic Memories some trashy show that somehow became popular on Crunchy, or is it actually legit good and I just don't get it? Because I don't give a fuck about the female Droid. I hate her, and the humor in this show just falls flat on its face. It is like a shit version of Your Lie in April, which also had horrendously done humor scenes but at least had some endearing characters.

Nah, it's real bad. The bad comedy continues through out.

MY love STORY!! Episode 13 – Today Is on Me

Finally, Oda is what was needed in this show. He's second best compared to Suna for me, but still good. I can listen to Oda speak all day.

Suna in the beginning was really nice and sweet. The way he acts when people are so kind to him, lovely.

I think the next episode will have a predictable outcome but it will probably be enjoyable.

Soma

My summer list:

Heavensward
reading superior mangas
lurking
prolly gonna watch the first ep of prison school after making the ot then abandon it and let it burn in flames like i did for the parasyte ot
probably pizza at some point

yeah good season ahead

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
what is this mana meme? are we letting tusr make threads for a reason?

Theonik

what is this mana meme? are we letting tusr make threads for a reason?
Mana sharing is sex in Nasuverse terms. In the case of Prism Ilya that is airing this season it is :cnet lesbianism. A fitting end for AnimeGAF.

Mandelbo

I'll attempt to power through it.

I actually just got to the scene where the red haired chick calls out MC on being a pedo. But it seems like the series will just kind of brush it off. And while red haired chick is correct, she's such an insufferable character. I think anime-isms are really starting to piss me off.

True meat of the show is episode six onwards.

For better or worse Seraph is getting a Vita game. Someone needs to post that epic fight gif. That's gonna be what the game is like lmfao.

Pretty much every show gets a Namco game on the Vita, even ones no one cares about like Captain Earth and M3.

Has Crunchy posted their line-up yet? The shows should all start airing this week, right?

Uuggh.

Crunchy usually posts their lineup 1 day before stuff airs which is obviously the smartest way.

I don't think I'll be able to watch Gangsta or finish watching Gatchaman Crowds today since my computer broke down. I'm on mobile now.

Even if my computer broke down I'm still extremely happy because of the D-Gray Man news.

John Blade

Princess-Nine-Lucky-Penny.png

Princess Nine might be one the easy show to watch for most people as the story line plot isn't hard to follow and you understand quite well of what is happening during the show. The funny part is if you think about it, this show can actually turn into a live action show as it doesn't have those anime cliche feel you see in anime. It also the most fun show to watch from beginning to end and might be the best way to get yourself into sport Anime if you're never watch one before but want to get into one. I guess it might be better if I bring out a bit about the show here.

The story line is simple. You follow a main female character name Ryo who love baseball and have a special skill as a pitcher. This skill caught attention from a president of an all female school name Keiko who want her to be the pitcher for the 1st all female baseball team to compete against the all male baseball game and hope to reach to top to compete at Koshien Stadium. Basically, to show woman can compete as well as the man in the game. Alone the way, you meet 8 additional female character with different personalities and skills who join the baseball team to compete. During the entire show, you see how they work together as a team while at the same time try to help each other in trouble time.

Like I say before, the story is simple and nothing fancy to say. What make it a bit different is unlike other sport anime, this one isn`t really focus on baseball. It`s mostly focus on the 9 female character in the baseball team and how they overcomes different problems while at the same time show what true power they have as a women based on they attitude and thinking. Always, this show is target to young teen at the time, so will be romance stuff which you follow.

For the music, I am liking it a bit too much as the music is done quite well. It actually help the show quite a bit making the important scene even more epic. Also, because it`s orchestra instrumental, it`s actually easy to listen to outside the show. Maybe a bit bias here but if you never watch the anime, go listen to the music as it sound beautiful to listen to.

The animation is fine but a bit old style which isn`t a bad thing. It fit quite well in the show so I don`t really complain about it (show air in 1998 if you`re wondering).

For the character development, almost all of the main and secondary character are developed quite well during the entire show. The big development is coming from the two main female character in the team who are very strong character but in the opposite way. Also, because it have a romance, this development will strain each other which will come down to the downside of the show.

The big nick pick I have in this show is maybe the romance side of it. I guess I will go into detail here. They is a triangle love romance in the show with the two main female characters (Ryo and Izumi) against a male character, Hiroki. The problem with the romance is not from the two female character but at the male character directly. Ryo and Izumi are actually strong character but in opposite. Ryo is someone who try to solve the issue of a problem by trying to work together as a team to fix the issue. Izumi is the opposite as she is direct address the problem and will fix the issue if it might hurt other people feeling as she doesn`t really care except fixing the issue.

The funny part is both character could actually work together quite well but can`t because of the main male character. He is basically the perfect guy in the shinning armor who don`t have actually flaw personality. This is the issue as an audience you don`t really see why those two girls like him except his perfect personality. I guess from the female audience, they want someone who is perfect so you got this guy but it`s weird because without any flaw, you don`t really have any feeling toward him. In some way, you kinda hate the guy because of this. I guess, I am not a fan of MR perfect character in TV show as you don`t have some sort of attachment with them.

Still, I would recommend people to give this show a chance to watch. It won`t blow your mind but it`s a fun show to watch for most people.

So guys since D-Gray Man manga continuation, Final Fantasy 7 remake, The Last Guardian, and Shenmue 3 are happening.

What will be the next big surprising thing to happen in 2015? Seriously this year has been full of crazy surprises.

Mandelbo

Is there any 80's show airing in the 10's ? Legit question .

Isn't there a show that airs a few years worth of content, then starts over with the same content reanimated in a different style than before? It's just about family life and has been called Japan's answer to The Simpsons, but I can't remember the name.

phaze

Wait is this it for Gits: Arise ? Shouldn't there be 2 more episodes to tie into the movie ?

Edit: Huh they seemed to have switched the arcs and put the last OVA at the beginning, weird.

Narag

Is there any 80's show airing in the 10's ? Legit question .

I think Zeta was in reruns last season or the season before!

Isn't there a show that airs a few years worth of content, then starts over with the same content reanimated in a different style than before? It's just about family life and has been called Japan's answer to The Simpsons, but I can't remember the name.

Sazae-san

Ascheroth

So guys since D-Gray Man manga continuation, Final Fantasy 7 remake, The Last Guardian, and Shenmue 3 are happening.

What will be the next big surprising thing to happen in 2015? Seriously this year has been full of crazy surprises.

Hunter x Hunter returns from hiatus.

On-topic: Gatchaman Crowds Insight 0
That was fun. Hajime is as entertaining as ever, Rui seems to be a great addition to the team and I'm hoping for a lot of Hajime and Berg Katze shenanigans.

John Blade

Well...I am nine episodes left for You`re Under Arrest Season 1 TV show but will start walking a romance anime right now as I kinda in a mood of it. Going to watch Emma A Victorian Romance. Hope it`s good as I am going in blank here.

jordisok

I really don't have any real idea about the summer line up so I'm hoping a few shows will surprise me :). Maybe I'll wait to see what you guys hype.

Finally got round to starting Yu Yu Hakusho over the last few weeks, Damn that show is really watchable. The cast is so likeable it kinda reminds me of early One Piece in the way it seems to quickly get into the groove of the group dialogue, obviously hoping it adds more depth to the characters as it goes on though. Buggy and Luffy VAs being present helps though :p. Oh Botan quickly becomes way more fun than I expected too!

That Oreigaru box art doesn't seem to match the show that well :/

zulux21

hunter x hunter will return for more than 1 chapter

it will be two and then go on another 9 month hiatus

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Summer Anime 2015 |OT| We get the thread titles we deserve

this one is weird to me

they are actively talking about food wars and dungeon even though crunchy streamed them not them where instead they could talk about... idk.. index or shana?

I dunno what's weird about that since Crunchyroll does it all the time too? They post news articles for shows they don't have picked up, and that no one actually has picked up.

John Blade

Hello I'm new here is this where I come to talk about the trash anime I like

Yup, and we will talk trash about your poor taste and would recommend you a list of anime you need to watch or else you`re not a true fans of anime.

Naw, just joking. Post what you want to talk here whether it`s the new anime show or the old one like mine I am now in. If people here interested they might talk a bit of your taste here.

cajunator

Banned
Guess I'm back....... Hello!

Pita Ten

So…. A while ago Cajun and I were talking about cute anime one morning, this conversation led into a discussion about companies who have done the cutest of anime to watch which led to Broccoli; now the first anime I’ve seen by them was the Galaxy Angel series. Thinking to myself, I decided that I should watch something else they’ve produced and as such, we have Pita Ten; a two cour anime that is unbelievably cute, but has quite a twist at the very end.

The way Pita Ten is structured is like that of any other slice of life anime. It’s episodic in nature, allowing itself to get away with no true over-arcing plot; sometimes I think it’s harder for anime studios to create something (goes for manga too) like this because each episode needs to be filled with an event or something, though there are plenty of clichés to use like going to the beach/ocean or having a festival, they haven’t gotten old or boring for me and in Pita Ten, those two clichés actually have a spin on them that is funny, cute and exposing in nature. Most slice of life, and Pita Ten included, typically won’t expand on characters or develop them beyond what they’re like since we meet them, this is essentially true for Pita Ten as well. If you absolutely need characters to grow up or be developed, Pita Ten probably isn’t for you.

In Pita Ten, we follow a small group of young kids; Kotarou, probably the most main of all the main characters involved, aside from Misha. He’s the reserved and level headed kid who has been through an incredibly difficult hardship so early in his life. His father is almost never home due to business so he’s
home alone often
. It’s not until one day when an angel appears from nowhere and asks to go out with him that his life takes a turn for the better! (Or his life got twisted upside down…)

This angel is Misha, a super adorable mega cutie with long flowing pink hair. She’s not exactly the best angel there is since she’s an apprentice, but that’s okay, she makes up for it by trying her best and having one the cutest ways to talk in the world. Almost all her sentences end with the word “desu” shortened to just “su”. It’s so cute that I think it competes with Ayu’s “uguu~”, Makoto’s “auu~” and things like “Ara ara” or “nyaa”; I love love love it.

Along with Misha, we have Shia, who is an apprentice akuma (demon/devil). The most interesting thing about Shia is that even though she’s a demon, she’s actually more angelic than Misha could ever be. She’s neat, organized, clean, helpful and always caring and worrying about everyone’s feelings. Shia is a surprise too, since she’s incredibly adorable and her quiet and refined speaking is just so much cute.

TmE0gy1.jpg

Another main girl is Koboshi (Pictured above), the youngest of the four girls, a classmate to Kotarou and having a mega huge crush on him; she has cat ears and is downright too cute, if too cute were a thing (not really), Koboshi is what it would be pictured by; large eyes, a cute voice, the cat ears, the adorable reaction faces, it’s actually unbelievably adorable.

The last girl is Hiroshi’s sister, Kaoru; her personality mimics that of Hiroshi’s and if it wasn’t for how adorable she was, I don’t think I’d like her. Loud, wild and always seemingly in a bad mood, she throws fits and never really learns about the main cast. It’s a good thing she’s not a main at all and only appears for several episodes, I couldn’t handle another Hiroshi. The best thing about Kaoru is her appearance. She wears long ribbons in her hair and the combination of her cute outfit and the ribbons makes for a beautiful combination. She’s a total cutie, but her personality isn’t.

The rest of the cast is filled in by Ayanokouji Takashi, the stud of the show; he’s the smartest, fastest, most athletic and all the girls swoon over him…. So he’s really just boring. We also have Hiroshi Mitarai the loud and obnoxious kid who always has to yell and get pent up on all things related to Takashi, he actually doesn’t belong in this show at all and it’s the biggest problem I have with Pita Ten; which is sad, I’ve never had an issue with an anime before, but the personality that Hiroshi encompasses is just too much for me to handle. Every scene he’s in, it’s him getting angry and wild because Takashi is better than him at everything. Aside from one episode that expands on why he does this, he really should have been axed from Pita Ten.

Since Pita Ten has no story, the most important aspect to talk about is the ending really. Pita Ten changes directions ever so slightly and begins to really include drama. The last two episodes are chock full of dramatic moments that if tweaked a little, could fit into any Key produced anime. The whole
disappearing
aspect that happens in anime is gut wrenchingly hard to watch. Kanon was the first anime where I experienced this and it wrecked me so hard, then Clannad had to have a similar story and of all the things I have watched, I never expected a show for kids to even go through such a scene. Sure we all know it’s going to end on a happy note, but that doesn’t make it any easier to watch. It brought me to tears and was incredibly sad. A lot goes on too, the way we understand why Kotarou acts the way he does, the reasoning behind Misha’s actions and most of all, the way it affects everyone.

One of the best aspects about Pita Ten is sound and art style. It enforces the “for everyone” rating by being incredibly adorable. The details of everyone and everything are really simple; in fact so simple that detail doesn’t even exist. It’s very plain, but not bland (don’t ask me how). The colors are very light and easy going, the animation is most definitely simple and the entire world is just cute. The sound is really good in Pita Ten too. Huge props to the people behind it. One of the best BGM’s that occurs is for when scary things are happening, the melody or beat involved is infectious and even now, after not hearing it for quite some time, I still know how it goes. There were a lot of other great BGM’s too, a lot of the hectic scenes (or… as hectic as they can be) have good music. The biggest surprise is the ED used. If you’ve ever seen Clannad then you know about Dango Daikazoku. The ED used in Pita Ten, the first three notes that you hear are so familiar to Dango you’d think they’re the same. Every single time I heard those three notes, I felt the Dango song resonate through me, it’s made even better because the ED is slow and peaceful, unlike the OP. Speaking of which, the OP is much more Pita Ten than the ED. It’s fast, it’s upbeat, it employs cute vocals and is very fun, whereas the ED is more akin to the last two episodes of the anime. Slow, peaceful, almost sad, but never actually being sad, it’s a special ED. NOTE: I may be hearing things that aren’t exactly there with the comparison between Dango and the Pita Ten ending, but it’s just what I feel. (I’ll be watching Clannad again soon, because of this though).

So we have really cute characters, a nice episodic slice of life adventure, a cast that is almost perfection, adorable seiyuu performances, pretty art and an easy to watch anime. It’s all really good, aside from my Hiroshi and Kaoru issues, which is really unfortunate. Even with the issues I had, I enjoyed Pita Ten a lot and although I didn’t delve on it, it’s a good comedy too. The simple humor is enough to even get me to crack a smile and laugh out loud when I’m down, so that’s a pretty good testament for Pita Ten and its comedic values. Another thing I should mention is the romance angle planted within Pita Ten; it’s a polygonal love, where almost everyone likes someone who likes someone else. It’s never expanded upon and there is never any development either, both the guys and girls will get giddy towards the one they like, but are ultimately ignored; since Pita Ten is about elementary students and is rated for all people to watch, it makes sense for the romance to never take off, but it’s a warning, a lot of lovey dovey face reactions happen and feelings are shown, just never go anywhere.

Before I forget, one of the cutest things shown in all of Pita Ten are the pajamas that Misha and Shia wear, full body pajamas and they’re incredible cute… like seriously cute!!!

Pita Ten, 9/10 for me.

Agreed so much

Kind of happy I broke top 10, that's amazing. Maybe I can get top 5 next time.

Welcome back!
Dont let things get you down Arcy. And yes, watch everything Broccoli made because it is all extremely cute! Dont forget DiGi charat too!

Actually both Mizushima are very hot name on industry now.

And the Bones new show is here

I really like those character designs. I will check this out.

Prisma Illya is banned from being discussed, right? I think I heard that.

Nah its not banned, but images of it are strongly cautioned against when it goes there.

Can you watch Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya without watching the rest of the Fate series?

Yeah. Theres no real continuity. Maybe a few in-jokes/references to the Fate universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom