• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V THEORY THREAD: VENOM SNAKE = SOLIDUS!? RAIDEN TIME TRAVEL THEORY![NEW EVIDENCE]

sexyelder

Kiefer Sutherland's full name is Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland. Did you catch that? 'GEORGE' (George Sears)
kieferbeforearrest.jpg

! ! !

George Sears a.k.a Solidus Snake was President of the U.S but one thing that has always seemed to be a small plot whole was no one noticed he was (at least visually) BIG BOSS. BUT, what if I told you that wasn't a plot hole? What IF that SUPPOSED plot hole was actually a major plot point of THE PHANTOM PAIN!? WELL, my dear friend, you have come to the right place.
Metal_Gear_Solid_2_Cast_Solidus_Snake.jpg

! ! !

Now you remember how no one caught on that Solidus was a perfect clone of Big Boss, well.. Maybe to everyone he WAS'NT a perfect clone but that his mind was manipulated into thinking he was the "spitting image of Big Boos". The Les Enfants Terribles Project created the Twin Snakes, and for the time that's all they could do, so how did they create the perfect clone? Well what they did is they took George Sears and manipulated his mind into believing he was Big Boss, this would be overseen by Kaz and Ocelot (Who both work for Cipher).
Metal-Gear-Solid-V-J-F-REY-Glasses.jpg

! ! !

Throughout the events of 1984 Sears begins to come aware more and more that he isn't Big Boss, this is represented by his horn enlarging which isn't real. The horn represents his subconcious telling him that none of this is true. Eventually he realizes he isn't Big Boss but still sees himself as Big Boss so naturally sees he mentally cursed with the face of Big Boss he strives to be better than the real Big Boss and to be the BIGGEST BOSS.
MGSV-E3-2015-Trailer-2.jpg

! ! !

You may say that "Oh in MGS 2 Ocelot says "Your the spitting image of Big Boss" But remember Ocelot was part of the original plan back in 1984. But even though Solidus is Venom Snake he is not the protagonist of TPP. The TRUE protagonist is RAIDEN.
maxresdefault.jpg

! ! !

You see, MGR has the tagline Revengeance (Which isn't a real word) BUT it is a MESSAGE. RE implies to do again or to repeat so it is to repeat Vengeance/Revenge. This implies this is the second instance of revenge in MGS (The first being TPP) This is our first evidence linking MGR and Raiden to TPP. MGR and TPP actually seems to have many parallels, revenge, protagonist losing eye and arm, entering second mission of game on high powered rocket jet, ARE RAIDEN & BIG B THE SAME PERSON!?? This implies that TPP may continue this trend and have a parallel story to MGR, much like MGS 2 was parallel to MGS.
Blackbird+MGS3.png
7.png

! ! !

This parallel may suggest Raiden may repeat the event of 2 but in his own way, to relive the life of Solidus to unlock his own past using V.R.
maxresdefault.jpg

! ! !

It has already been hinted and shown Raiden time travelling in Jamias Vu and the secret cut scenes in MGS 3. (PERHAPS THOSE CUT SCENES ARE CANNON!?) Also Mother Base looks like Big Shell. (duh?) ANNNNNNNNND!!!!! FUN FACT: The Titanic was rediscovered on Sept 1st 1985, Jack and Rose have obvious connections to Titanic.
gt_metalgearsolidgroundzeroes_jamais_vu.jpg
titanicc.jpg

! ! !

OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE THE TRUTH IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!!!
fox_poster.jpg
(THE IMAGE IS FLIPPED BECAUSE IT IS SOLIDUS!!!)
! ! !

( I wrote this at 4am)

You wrote it in a really easy-to-digest manner, yet you lost me at Paragraph 1. Sorry. :(

(What do you think about David Hayter (Solid Snake) being in the game?)

SJRB

Gold Member
Tread carefully, our boy Dawg got the short end of the stick after a thread like this.

Also - it's not Solidus because that would undermine the entire concept of what MGSV is all about - revenge and the decent into madness.

I wouldn't read too much into time travel OP
*Salutes

I see the Thumbs up Brent Rambo BB gif is making its rounds. (Thanks for that share Omek!)

BanGy.nz

Banned
Every time I click on a MGS fan theory thread I leave with a headache and sense of dread for the future. Is that normal?

Every time I click on a MGS fan theory thread I leave with a headache and sense of dread for the future. Is that normal?

The important thing to note is that's how you're even supposed to feel after reading things that have actually happened in MGS games.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I believe you OP.

Come September 1 everyone will be ashamed of their doubts and slanders when they realize you were Nostradamus.

squadr0n

Solidus being in this is definitely a very large possibility, Venom Snake being Solidus is also. But then where is the real Big Boss during all this?

Raiden would also be currently serving as a child soldier in Solidus's army, which is probably the same army we saw in the trailers.

I think Solidus would probably look more like Solid Snake in Sons of Liberty at this point, hopefully he will be played be Hayter lol. There's a scene in one of the trailers of Big Boss in a chopper being targeted by someone in another chopper with his face covered. I believe that will probably be solidus.

Time Travel though? I highly doubt it. I think this will be more akin to psychological fears Big Boss is having, a crisis of conscientious.

The name Revengence was picked because its a cool new word lol, thats all.

Solidus being in this is definitely a very large possibility, Venom Snake being Solidus is also. But then where is the real Big Boss during all this?

Raiden would also be currently serving as a child soldier in Solidus's army, which is probably the same army we saw in the trailers.

I think Solidus would probably look more like Solid Snake in Sons of Liberty at this point, hopefully he will be played be Hayter lol. There's a scene in one of the trailers of Big Boss in a chopper being targeted by someone in another chopper with his face covered. I believe that will probably be solidus.

Time Travel though? I highly doubt it. I think this will be more akin to psychological fears Big Boss is having, a crisis of conscientious.

The name Revengence was picked because its a cool new word lol, thats all.

i can agree with this.

Top Bottom