• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE Ad shows FF7R and Persona 5 (among others) out in 2016, NMS TBA: TBA

dugdug

Banned
No Man's Sky is believable, but, I thought Atlus kept saying 2015 for Persona 5. Would be a huge bummer. Maybe just a case of marketing not in the know with release dates? It also says FF7 remake for 2016, which, is kinda crazy.

Found in the latest Edge mag (I think?) by Videogamer's news guy Dave Scammell.

Edit: It says 2016 in *really* small print next to where it says "TBA." Doesn't have a year for No Man's Sky, but, that's even more worrying, to me. If it was 2015, it'd be in the top of the picture with the other 2015 releases, no?

CLGflagXAAEXP2h.jpg

https://twitter.com/VG_Dave/status/626457302757998592

Where does it say 2016? It says TBA.

Also this is SCEE and Persona 5 is only announced for NA for 2015 so far.

EDIT: I just saw it. Way too tiny :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
One's developers have been coy and shrugging off any release date questions, while the others' have been mostly silent.

Not surprising if true.

Welfare

TBA means TBA. Nowhere does it say 2016 in that pic.

Hope

Oh no P5 is 2016! If this is Europe than I don't know.

VII in 2016 is surprising.

Raxious

No Man's Sky is believable, but, I thought Atlus kept saying 2015 for Persona 5. Would be a huge bummer. Maybe just a case of marketing not in the know with release dates? It also says FF7 remake for 2016, which, is kinda crazy.

Found in the latest Edge mag (I think?) by Videogamer's news guy Dave Scammell.

CLGflagXAAEXP2h.jpg

https://twitter.com/VG_Dave/status/626457302757998592

ummm, No Man Sky reads TBA, even on the side where it says 2016 for Persona it reads TBA.

Septimus

We don't know if Atlus meant 2015 for Japan or not. And even if it was 2015 for NA, 2016 for EU is most likely with some other publisher or something.

Persona 5 was never gonna be out in the EU this year anyway but At this stage yeah.....

No way No Mans Sky or Persona 5 are out this year anywhere.

Skeff

This picture is missing the number 2016, just sayin'

Edit:eek:ops says 2016 persona and ff7 but not for no man's sky

dugdug

Banned
ummm, No Man Sky reads TBA, even on the side where it says 2016 for Persona it reads TBA.

Sure, but, upper half of that picture shows 2015 releases, if it was still slated for this year, wouldn't it be up there, just saying TBA?

Nimby

Banned
Where does it say 2016? It says TBA.

Also this is SCEE and Persona 5 is only announced for NA for 2015 so far.

EDIT: I just saw it. Way too tiny :p

I was about to say this is probably a mistake, but yeah this is Europe, is there a similar ad for the Americas?

Santiako

Atlus is absolute garbage when it comes to Europe, so I wouldn't be surprised by them releasing P5 Christmas 2016 or so.

kadotsu

Banned
No Mans Sky missing this year would be horrible. I would not be able to stand another round of trade show appearances.

Darksol

Atlus have said about 8 million times that Persona 5 is 2015. And there's no fucking way FFVII is 2016.

Giant load of bullshit.

I really like those ads, they're one of the best tools to convince people I think. Single page, everything that's coming out. Not many websites do a good job of condensing that information into a single page. Usually it's the domain of the forum people like here, reddit and /v/ to take care of that stuff.

They've made errors before though. Last year they listed some games as out now a month or two early.

libregkd

Honestly, I think most people think Persona 5 was going to be 2016 in Europe given Atlus' history (they've gotten...sorta better but still not great).

Doesn't have a year for No Man's Sky, but, that's even more worrying, to me. If it was 2015, it'd be in the top of the picture with the other 2015 releases, no?
Not really as everything above seems to have a set release date assigned to it, No Man's Sky wouldn't be up there with the other games because it doesn't have a specific date yet.

Persona 5 in Europe in 2015 was always a pipedream. I was always expecting it March-April 2016, a that will only happen if 2015 in NA is a reality.

tbh, while I'm psyched to play persona 5, I wouldn't mind waiting to 2016. This fall is way to packed as it is for me already

Zomba13

Honestly, I think most people think Persona 5 was going to be 2016 in Europe given Atlus' history (they've gotten...sorta better but still not great).

I think it'll be 2017 in EU if we get it at all. NA will be 2016 though. No way will the translation be ready by the end of the year.

Top Bottom