• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2016 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + MORE (REAL PICS ONLY)!

Does this count for the thread? Adopted our very first dog today. She's incredibly sweet and seems to be well trained indoors. She needs a lot of exercise to improve her weight though. We're pretty excited to take her on walks and light jogs for that.

8BRO8sPl.jpg

w7e9YOpl.jpg

Shelter says she's a labrador retrieve mix but she looks like a pitbull/lab mix to me.

You did a good thing.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
14583240_567019206829910_6948607810426896384_n.jpg

Relics of the past?! Some PlayStation stickers/memory card stickers.

14583279_1988818398011281_6718142261915287552_n.jpg

More oldies/goodies. A fresh copy of BIOHAZARD and the complete package of Project Horned Owl (with Hyper Blaster)!

Galdius

Some new things to play and to put on the shelves.
I'm missing 26 N64 games now. There is a small chance that I will be able to get finish the set this year.
And the disc that isn't retail it's a preview copy of Halo Reach that I bought on ebay.

ITJq1skl.jpg

LegendX48

Picked this up earlier:

29633352494_db0037736f_z.jpg

Already had it on PC since January but haven't been able to play it because my pc is way too damn weak for it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Something a little cheaper. 20 bones at best buy seems like a good jump in price. Is anyone selling free time?

xIWRzAI.jpg

GoW4 Xbox One S and Elite Controller.

The scratch marks on the console are super cheesy, but really well done and I probably like them way more than I should...

Nice.

Didn't know that the elite controller is a completely different colour than the system / standard controller.

New stuff:

Kickstater Board game.

Target clearance.

Amazon fucked up my GoW4 order. I pre ordered the ultimate edition back in April or May. I was supposed to get it on Friday (4 days early) as part of the bundle deal. Friday comes and no game. I email and asked what was up. I guess they did not get enough to cover pre orders and I will have the game on Tuesday (the retail release date). I tell them to cancel my order and refund the money since I am not getting it like promised I will buy at at GameStop. Then I get a response saying oh well we gave you a $10 Amazon credit is this OK? Nope like I said i will be returning this for a full refund. Then I get a digital code for the Ultimate edition. They ask OK hope this makes it up and keep the game when it arrives. Nope I rely, I will be returning it. THEN they say OK and tell me to keep the game when it arrives, the digital code, and the $!) dollar credit, AND they refunded me my $90!!! None of this was expected at all. So I gave the code to my a buddy since he wanted to play.

14565064_1781311492116906_878974815292096512_n.jpg

Picked up a new NES controller for when I'm on the road and a copy of an often overlooked gem, Wrath of the Black Manta!

No hate, I promise (your pick ups are among my favorite, as I had a stick obsession once upon a time), but what good does an NES controller do for you on the road? Do you pack along an NES+Framemeister?

New stuff:

Kickstater Board game.

Target clearance.

Amazon fucked up my GoW4 order. I pre ordered the ultimate edition back in April or May. I was supposed to get it on Friday (4 days early) as part of the bundle deal. Friday comes and no game. I email and asked what was up. I guess they did not get enough to cover pre orders and I will have the game on Tuesday (the retail release date). I tell them to cancel my order and refund the money since I am not getting it like promised I will buy at at GameStop. Then I get a response saying oh well we gave you a $10 Amazon credit is this OK? Nope like I said i will be returning this for a full refund. Then I get a digital code for the Ultimate edition. They ask OK hope this makes it up and keep the game when it arrives. Nope I rely, I will be returning it. THEN they say OK and tell me to keep the game when it arrives, the digital code, and the $!) dollar credit, AND they refunded me my $90!!! None of this was expected at all. So I gave the code to my a buddy since he wanted to play.

Amazon really don't know when it's time to give up do they.

Retsudo

My first pick-up post ever. Have been waiting for a few months for this!

So i got married on Sunday. These were designed by a friend, we wanted super simple wedding rings. 18k gold with two black diamonds on each band. They are so small you can hardly see them.

BHv8cEA.jpg

I'm an idiot and cant figure out how to properly size the images. They're either huge or to small. FML

Bumhead

Banned
Had a hole in my impulse buy tech budget after cancelling my PSVR order and being left unimpressed by PS4 Pro, so I traded in my Xbox One Phat for an S.

Loving the system. Absolutely gorgeous.

Oh, and not forgetting a new family Kitty!

SavcYcS.jpg

alenade

Does this count for the thread? Adopted our very first dog today. She's incredibly sweet and seems to be well trained indoors. She needs a lot of exercise to improve her weight though. We're pretty excited to take her on walks and light jogs for that.

8BRO8sPl.jpg

w7e9YOpl.jpg

Shelter says she's a labrador retrieve mix but she looks like a pitbull/lab mix to me.

Congratulations! I adopted my first dog last month (also a Pit mix) and it's one of the best things I've ever done. I love her.

y4UUQHN.jpg

P1q9ByA.jpg

oSQsCxe.jpg

TacosNSalsa

Picked up a kindle fire ..not a bad little thing for $50 bucks..great for watching streams while I work or about to fall asleep.

xq3KiWe.jpg

lUSUaOc.jpg

ElGato HD60

MJjGDXi.jpg

Really not enjoying this as much as I had hoped . It came free with my Xbox so I'll beat it and trade it in fast to get as much as possible.. :-/

5CVHGkG.jpg

I'm on a quest to try every burger and meatball parm from every pizzeria in my town..this is number 3 and was okay ..their other burgers are way better..on the the next one next week!

OSBXlMW.jpg

harz-marz

So i got married on Sunday. These were designed by a friend, we wanted super simple wedding rings. 18k gold with two black diamonds on each band. They are so small you can hardly see them.

BHv8cEA.jpg

I'm an idiot and cant figure out how to properly size the images. They're either huge or to small. FML

Congratulations!!!

Some new things to play and to put on the shelves.
I'm missing 26 N64 games now. There is a small chance that I will be able to get finish the set this year.
And the disc that isn't retail it's a preview copy of Halo Reach that I bought on ebay.

ITJq1skl.jpg

I don't know if it was mentioned but that isn't a preview copy of halo reach. It is a disc that was sent out to preview dashboard members that installs a new version of the Xbox 360 dashboard. If your console was whitelisted that disc would install the update and also for some reason it contained halo reach.

I think Microsoft wasn't able to deploy updates on a disc only so they attached it to halo reach and sent those out.

See more here

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-360/3...py-of-halo-reach-with-the-beta-dashbo-490520/

These discs were sent out after reach released because I remember selling my retail disc and keeping that silver one.

Just hoping it wasn't sold as a press or internal preview copy for too high a price. They sent out a lot of these discs.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
14677469_1794071854139289_2445756177380802560_n.jpg

Picked up a copy of Ninja Gaiden 1 & 3 on the Famicom while in Tokyo during my most recent trip. I love 1, so bought it just because. Got 3 because I wanted to experience it as Japanese gamers did; there are a ton of differences from the US version of Ninja Gaiden 3.

14712033_1810367055841768_5417232286120673280_n.jpg

Finally got the final two Persona 3 animated movies. Now I can watch the entire saga whenever I have downtime, lol.

14474200_565515283651208_5367618421645115392_n.jpg

Visited the Arc System Works office in Yokohama and they gifted me with their newest iteration of BB! BlazBlue: Central Fiction, which just came out Oct. 6 in Japan (Nov. 1 in NA).

14701212_285502725176626_5107010981628739584_n.jpg

Hori blessed the squad with the new TAC (Tactical Assault Commander) controllers. The PRO (with keyboard style controls) comes out in North America (GameStop/Amazon) in November and the G1 (Controller Grip) is Japan only.

14723644_1838210719741622_2618550554309165056_n.jpg

Like many others. Joined the VR family. Why did I purchase this? Mainly for RESIDENT EVIL 7 in January.

No hate, I promise (your pick ups are among my favorite, as I had a stick obsession once upon a time), but what good does an NES controller do for you on the road? Do you pack along an NES+Framemeister?

I have an Analogue Nt that I've been bringing with me during my travels. I bring that and my 8bitdo NES30 controller (just in case I have someone to play games with)!

eXistor

Got these in today. Also. new couch for the gaming room. Took some serious searching to find one that was the right size and not too expensive, but I'm pretty satisfied with this one.

illusionary

BHv8cEA.jpg

Well, that's certainly a good way to start posting here - congrats!

Oh, and on image sizes, if you quote the image it'll automatically get resized down to a small version, which then expands out to full size when clicked.

Galdius

I don't know if it was mentioned but that isn't a preview copy of halo reach. It is a disc that was sent out to preview dashboard members that installs a new version of the Xbox 360 dashboard. If your console was whitelisted that disc would install the update and also for some reason it contained halo reach.

I think Microsoft wasn't able to deploy updates on a disc only so they attached it to halo reach and sent those out.

See more here

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-360/3...py-of-halo-reach-with-the-beta-dashbo-490520/

These discs were sent out after reach released because I remember selling my retail disc and keeping that silver one.

Just hoping it wasn't sold as a press or internal preview copy for too high a price. They sent out a lot of these discs.

Borman told me about it on another forum.
Happily I didn't pay a lot for it. In fact, it was very cheap.

BrettWeir

Needless to say, it's been a crazy month. A couple of items were from last month, but I didn't get around to posting.

PSVR launch bundle

Games (not all PSVR) - Not shown is my favorite, Thumper

Corsair Strafe RGB and Scimitar RGB for home setup. Bought two K70's for my wife and I for at work (not shown....because they are at work):

Philips Fidelio X2's for my PC gaming setup:
Soundblaster ZX for powering the X2's, as well as quick volume adjust:
Our old LG 47" went out in my office area, so we replaced it with a 55" LG 55UH615A from Costco:

My son is now in high school, meaning a lot more homework, so I got him a desk and built him a PC. He's wanted a gaming rig for years, so I dug in a little to make one work for him. PC consists of:
Corsair case
i3
16GB DDR3
GeForce 970
MSI Krait mobo
1TB HDD
Win7
Corsair Strafe keyboard
Roccat Kyro
Superlux HD668B's

Last but not least, a new floof!

See more here

I also have one. They also disabled the discs from working after a time.

Top Bottom