• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 - First Gameplay Details (IGN)

BTW, how was the career stuff in WWE 2K15? I had heard that they were going to introduce some new stuff so that you had to play the match to a certain style and you could lose a match and it wouldn't hurt your career... Sometimes you'd have to lose, etc. DId any of that shake out at all?

I enjoyed the Wrestlemania classics mode from WWE 2K14 (my first WWE game from the generation), but I missed having a career mode to take a guy through the ranks like in most other games.

Sephzilla

That is PS5 tech bro. Yukes are working 90 hours a week and pouring their passion and hearts into this game. If it could be done, Yukes would do it.

i legitimately try to find redeemable aspects of these games but it's just so glaringly obvious that Yukes is either loaded with incompetent designers or that the yearly-release cycle is just too much for them.

i legitimately try to find redeemable aspects of these games but it's just so glaringly obvious that Yukes is either loaded with incompetent designers or that the yearly-release cycle is just too much for them.

Agreed, and I don't know why they have to launch in October or November anyway when the biggest wrestling event of the year is in the Spring and they could time it to Wrestlemania...

No offense, but who is the public these games are meant for?

WWE fanbase. I think they realized they could create a wwe game now and the fanbase will still buy it, flaws and all.

It's why they produces the same shit year after year with little to no changes.

Look at every EA sports game ever. Same formula

Sephzilla

WWE fanbase. I think they realized they could create a wwe game now and the fanbase will still buy it, flaws and all.

It's why they produces the same shit year after year with little to no changes.

Look at every EA sports game ever. Same formula

Except EA sports games are way higher than Yukes' games quality wise. I straight up wish EA would have gotten the WWE license when THQ went under, they would have at least had the common courtesy to jettison Yukes.

Redeemable aspect of Yukes games.

1. It starts when you insert the disc or click the game icon.

2. It actually has licensed wrestlers and theme music, although people usually create more realistic looking versions in the create a wrestler.

That's all I have. Everything else is horrible.

Wreav

Banned
I haven't bought a wrasslin' game since No Mercy.

I'm doing it boys, I'm going in dry with '16 this year. This is going to be a disaster.

Sephzilla

Redeemable aspect of Yukes games.

1. It starts when you insert the disc or click the game icon.

2. It actually has licensed wrestlers and theme music, although people usually create more realistic looking versions in the create a wrestler.

That's all I have. Everything else is horrible.

I straight up thought the gameplay in 2k15 was a noticeable step up from 2k14.

I straight up thought the gameplay in 2k15 was a noticeable step up from 2k14.

So you like rotate the stick mini games? There will still be glitching that hasn't been removed since the PS2 games, non selling of moves, horrible looking wrestlers, the horrible reversal system, the horrible pinning system, and the list goes on.

Sephzilla

So you like rotate the stick mini games? There will still be glitching that hasn't been removed since the PS2 games, non selling of moves, horrible looking wrestlers, the horrible reversal system, the horrible pinning system, and the list goes on.

You can turn that stuff off, you know.

The only thing that desperately needs to die in a fire is that horrible timing-mechanic mini game they use or kickouts. It's awful.

I think I'm gonna skip this year.

It looks identical to 2k15 at this point.

Also that stupid mini game with thumb sticks couldn't be turned off in career modes last year, normal play it could be turned off but not my career/show case what ever it's called.

These games should have a 3 year dev time,a brand new engine and a different dev.

I think you could get away with maybe 2 years where you launch the game in year 1 and then do a massive roster update in year 2 while working on the sequel. But they need to drop the year from the title for sure. This would allow them to actually delay the game when they need to.

yeah, I think they could easily get away with having one year be a full release, one year a large DLC pack with roster updates

adj_noun

MyCareer is back, and this time it goes a lot further, all the way to you gaining admission to the WWE Hall of Fame

I can't wait to find out how many more weeks we can hear that creative has no plans for us and would you like to wrestle a house show or on TV.

Oh, and be sure to pick which three PPVs you'd like to participate in this year.

So, All Stars was the last time I was really excited for a wrestling game. It's strange how that it got approved, as there really hasn't been anything since.

They really need to drop last gen now and either massively overhaul the engine for next gen, without last gen holding things back or better yet give WWE games a new engine with better physics for Tables and Ladders to make them easy and fun to use again, like they used to be in the older days of Smackdown.

The whole thing feels so flaccid. Seth's character model looks pretty good though. Still don't have good hair tech after all these years.

Is "Show Creator" the same as create-a-story from 2K14? If the create a diva options are as in-depth as 2K14 and it has story creator, I'll buy it. If it doesn't I'm not touching it for another year.

I don't really have any expectations of these being good games, but at least add back the stuff from 2K14 that made it tolerable! It sounds like they are, but if it's as stripped down and limited as the create a character from 2K15 I'll be mad.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Is "Show Creator" the same as create-a-story from 2K14? If the create a diva options are as in-depth as 2K14 and it has story creator, I'll buy it. If it doesn't I'm not touching it for another year.

I'm hoping that "Show Creator" was anything like Create a PPV from back in the day. I wished for something like that for long time. I just wanna Create the Arena and then choose what type of Pyro I want to open the show with.

giphy.gif

DefensiveColorlessGoose.gif

WWE_2K15_Stuck.gif

GQbdSfM.gif

Yokozuna-GIF.gif

w8kIWJ7.gif

HTJlnyD.jpg

I'm hoping that "Show Creator" was anything like Create a PPV from back in the day. I wished for something like that for long time. I just wanna Create the Arena and then choose what type of Pyro I want to open the show with.

That should have been an option for the custom arenas in create-a-story mode. You could have a custom pyro, but only the one. Only the in-game WWE PPV sets could have different looking pyro, which is weird as heck.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
That should have been an option for the custom arenas in create-a-story mode. You could have a custom pyro, but only the one. Only the in-game WWE PPV sets could have different looking pyro, which is weird as heck.

Yeah, the pyro I get for the custom arenas I create don't even look right. I mean, I made a ROH arena but...Yeah, weird.

Would be nice if they let us have the opening pyro from inside the ring like the old MSG PPV.

I think they should cut the generic banter the commentators make when any superstar walks out. It's the same lines they've reused every year and they say it for anyone. Give me some unique lines for each character, some statistics, anything!

Orca

I haven't bought a wrestling game in ages and was hoping that would change with the upheaval behind the scenes in the last couple of years. Doesn't look like it :(

Holy ....the commentary is still really, really bad lolol

One more year, and i bet the game will have half of edit options that 2k14 have.

But this time i will not buy 2k16 like i buy 2k15.

Top Bottom