• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT10| Botlane Was A Mistake, It's Nothing But Thresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
QNBU38U.png
And I believed for a second that you would use something lame like Riot Rango or Riot Knifecat

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
What a jerk, getting a career and following his dreams. The nerve!

Next thing you know we'll have Rito Zkylewd as head skin designer.

Nekofrog

Banned
anyone remember the fabled preseason quinn changes of changing her ult to literally having a 1 second cooldown timer but removing the aoe execute?

lol

that wouldve made her the most annoying champion in the entire game

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmmm. I think I have decided that I don't like Azir. Style feels so...idunno..."meta"? I had a lot of trouble with high-mobility champs like Yasuo and Lee Sin today. Perhaps was just a bit too aggressive. Long cooldown on Q at early levels makes it feel almost impossible to kill with him, but I probably just don't understand the combos yet.

He is a gank magnet too, btw. No real disengage or escape (Q --> E is laugably short) is an odd match for his skillset which by design pushes lanes really hard leaving you overexposed, and his movespeed is slow enough for the average ganking junglers to get to him and burn his flash. It also did not help that I went all but 1 of 4 games without a single gank on the enemy midlaner at any point in the early or midgame.

But yea, he feels very detatched. Or has felt that way over my first 4 matches with him. Always had the highest CS count on my team @ 10 and 20 minutes. but making him work really well in team fights will take more than a few more matches. I could tell he's really strong, but he also feels more reliant on the team to help because of his rather weak slow. No hard cc, no good chasing power and no real burst like most mids sort of made me feel like I was really good at harassing the shit out of someone but not really being able to put myself in position to actually finish anyone off in a 1v1 unless they were really, really careless. Team fights felt marginally better as I think I got most kills due to the surprising damage that comes out when those soldiers get more than a few autos in. Never felt good about my use of the ult.
azir takes a lot of practice

i had to play a lot of games i felt comfortable with him and i still miss insecs sometimes and extending your dash from minimum range is really hard even on like 30 ping

azir in general is kind of weird. he's very poke oriented but the insec move and his spells in general kind of compell you to go do something amazing, but in reality the most key thing is to use your ult to create peel for u and ur carry and just micro your soldiers really well so they're always hitting someone.

pulling the insec move is really nice and everything but i found a lot more success playing him very reactive and just kiting and poking like i'd do on a regular mage. only do the shurima thingie if you know dying is ok or if you have zhonyas or if it's like a sure thing, never bother split up their team or get yourself in danger you can't flash out for that

<333

What a jerk, getting a career and following his dreams. The nerve!

Next thing you know we'll have Rito Zkylewd as head skin designer.
s-s-s-shut up baka

jerd

anyone remember the fabled preseason quinn changes of changing her ult to literally having a 1 second cooldown timer but removing the aoe execute?

lol

that wouldve made her the most annoying champion in the entire game

Does anyone remember when they made Ali's headbutt a skillshot that could hit multiple targets? It was only live for like a day bc riot realized that was stupid

Does anyone remember when they made Ali's headbutt a skillshot that could hit multiple targets? It was only live for like a day bc riot realized that was stupid

I remember when I used to main AD Ali and eas able to solo any adc snd take down any tower

Thise were the days of fun.

I have been play some sion recently and holy crap he is fun. People seem to have forgot to play against him, I will get full charge q's off on people all the time. He seems like he is still pretty good in the meta.

drawkcaB

Ended up playing some Ashe on the weekend for the first time since her rework. I can't decide for the life me whether to play Tristana or Ashe for ADC. On the one hand, I already play Varus, so picking Ashe seems a bit redundant because she's also a utility strong ADC whereas Tristana gives me something different, self-peel/safety and really strong objective control. On the other hand, I feel so much more comfortable playing Ashe between the utility heavy kit and the impactful ultimate. I'll play some more of both this week, 10 games a piece, and pick from there based on the results.

drawkcaB

Oh yeah, Ashe's really fun. The slight tweaks in the rework definitely made her more enjoyable. Just not sure if I want to constrain my picks...then gain it's a role I don't intend on playing a lot once I start ranked so maybe picking similar style champions is actually a pretty solid idea. I've already done the same with my mid and top picks anyways, although that choice wasn't so explicit, came about more naturally.

Newt

By pickup Trist do you mean learn how to right click? That's really all there is to her. She doesn't have anything advanced except maybe ulting people into tower.

Nekofrog

Banned
Trist is a lot more complex than that, especially since her autos are pretty slow and worthless most of the game by themselves

faridmon

As someone who mained Ashe before rework, I can't get used to her rework at all. I know her burst is very effective and her passive makes her even more kite oriented champ, but my play and my temp got ruined and just dropped her for Jynx or Vayne

Nekofrog

Banned
she's hardly worthless.

also, it looks like it might actually be a SERIES of PROJECT skins, and irelia is probably one of them :3

drawkcaB

By pickup Trist do you mean learn how to right click? That's really all there is to her. She doesn't have anything advanced except maybe ulting people into tower.

I can play Trist just fine mechanically considering my current experience and all that, that's not really a hindrance.

Trist is slow and worthless 10~20 minutes in. She picks up after that time tho.

I partially agree with that. I used to think that the rework softened her mid-game lull but it honestly hasn't all that much. I still have trouble with that period of the match when I play her. I think what's helped is that during that period, she's still an ace tower killer and it gives her a purpose while she's waits to ramp up to late game.

Feebastic

I'm quietly hopeful that new Mordekaiser will be more fun to play, which is really what matters in a champ imo. You can nerf/ buff champs in any number of ways to make them viable, or even competitive, but if they're dull to play as that's an inherent kit flaw. His new Q will defo be more impactful, probably his W as well, and pet dragons sounds really cool.

I was skeptical about Fiora and her gimmicky passive but by most accounts she's turned out great (although I still don't like her heal pad thematically), and Gangplank has gone from being a Q-bot into one of the most engaging top laners in the game. Barrels are so fun &#9825;

To be honest, I'm most worried about new Skarner as far as reworks go. His weird new map interactions seem contrived to me, but I suppose I haven't played him (or against him) so I have no idea how that's going to play out.

Calvero

Banned
man, picked up yasuo. this guy is a lot of fun!
played a couple of bot matches but didn't want to take him to Normals, so i wouldn't be "that" guy.
just finished my second match with him.
Screen_Shot_2015_08_17_at_4_43_02_PM.png

i think i did decent considering i was up against Heim in the mid lane. I was actually ahead of him in cs the whole game. My first death wasn't until 33 minutes in.
Any tips for Yasuo?

kenbo

As long as he is no longer an oppressive low elo stomper because low elo junglers are too bad to camp the mordekaiser early game

I'm ok.

His feast/famine playstyle is pretty annoying

man, picked up yasuo. this guy is a lot of fun!
played a couple of bot matches but didn't want to take him to Normals, so i wouldn't be "that" guy.
just finished my second match with him.
Screen_Shot_2015_08_17_at_4_43_02_PM.png

i think i did decent considering i was up against Heim in the mid lane. My first death was until 33 minutes in.
Any tips for Yasuo?
Dash around a lot I guess

Go for that lvl 2 power spike ya know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom