• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vin Diesel says Fast & Furious will end with "one last trilogy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
who thought a little movie called fast and the furious would turn out to be such a cash magnet.

e2fbd7ffe7e167971db87427c671ec0b01253e7e.jpg

Everyone loves the tuna, man

atr0cious

So this means that we get atleast 2 more Pitch Black movies right? I thought they were a package deal along with the FF movies.

Yea, him and Twohy made a deal to get Riddick(and get an r rating) and another with Urban to finish it, if they got paid to scale and he did these. Considering Riddick only doubled it's meager budget, expect the next movie to be PG13. Which sucks because the Riddick series is the only time he's legit acting. I mean it's just LARPing to him, but his effort is noticeable comparatively.

Yea, him and Twohy made a deal to get Riddick(and get an r rating) and another with Urban to finish it, if they got paid to scale and he did these. Considering Riddick only doubled it's meager budget, expect the next movie to be PG13. Which sucks because the Riddick series is the only time he's legit acting. I mean it's just LARPing to him, but his effort is noticeable comparatively.

You should watch that movie where he plays a lawyer and has hair and shit, he acted in that too

ViciousDS

Banned
Furious 7 was garbage. The only hope these movies have now is a reboot about actual racing again, probably with a different cast, since the current cast even looks bored now.

I know right.....1 of 7 movies was about racing....

Why does everyone associate racing with the first one? It did have a plot with an undercover cop! It wasn't a racing movie...it just had a more street scene.

They started with stealing hi-fi equipments and selling them to get money for living and now they rescue the whole world.

They should make a fast and furious days of future past where vin's charger goes so fast that he accidentally travels back in time and tells his ff1 self that he's become a globetrotting super spy in the future and they are saving the world one quarter mile at a time

strafer

They should make a fast and furious days of future past where vin's charger goes so fast that he accidentally travels back in time and tells his ff1 self that he's become a globetrotting super spy in the future and they are saving the world one quarter mile at a time

Or he beats himself in that opening drag race :D

im in your face

I am your face

wut

Ridley327

Why does everyone associate racing with the first one? It did have a plot with an undercover cop! It wasn't a racing movie...it just had a more street scene.

Yeah, the first one was pretty much a verbatim remake of Point Break. All they did differently was try (and fail) to make it less obvious that Brian was a cop right away.

zeemumu

Because he was undercover as a street racer and was investigating street racers. Street racing was the setting. In the other movies they're strictly crime syndicates and street racing is a way to accomplish a goal. In 2 they use it to get faster cars to commit crimes. In 4 it was a test for drug runners, in 5 it was also used to get fast cars to commit crimes. In 6 it's just where Letty hangs out in between crimes. In 7 it's a callback to 1. And 3 turns it into a plot device

213372bu

Banned
Yeah, I guess Fast and the furious 97,98,99 will technically be a trilogy.

The series will live on as a cheesy movie that people watch to be entertained with mindless plot, big stunts, and "wacky" one-liners to pass time.

And damn if that's a bad thing. The last few were worth the tickets to enter.

Dabanton

You could see the badly fitted joins in the last movie. With them having to give Walker a send off even though most of his scenes had a weird air to them. With him now out of the next movie hopefully the next one will be structured better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom