• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vin Diesel says Fast & Furious will end with "one last trilogy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
F7 was the perfect send-off to Paul Walker, can't they just leave it like that :\
But... I thought they him and Paul Walker rode of into the sunset and that was it?
Well
Vin Diesel said:
...Paul [Walker] used to say that eight was guaranteed. And in some ways, when your brother guarantees something, you sometimes feel like you have to make sure it comes to pass.”

...Seven was for Paul, eight is from Paul.”

SpaceWolf

Banned
I know it's probably a bit snobbish of me, but it sorts of cracks me everytime I read about Vin Diesel referring to the Fast and Furious franchise as a "vision", like it's some ethereal, glorious entity that's been blessed upon the world. He makes the damn thing sound almost biblical.

And lo, Saint Diesel did climb down from that mountain.
And so cried his Entourage: "Oh, Diesel...what vision did you glimpse upon that lofty peak? Guide us with that which you have now foreseen"
Thus Saint Diesel did smile, as he did reply: "My friends...in this hour, I have glimpsed a vision sublime, both fast and furious. Cars, I have seen, ridiculously expensive, hilariously impractical cars driving slightly over the legal speed limit on cinematic looking desert highways whilst the characters talk non-stop about family. Countless new, confusingly titled installments of this narrative shall be released, each more outrageous and mind-bogglingly implausable than the last. Lucas Black will be cast as a teenager for some reason, Michelle Rodrigeuz's character shall get improbable amnesia or something, cars will jump in and out of skyscrapers...the Rock will be in it, because...he's the Rock, I don't have to explain myself, fuck you"
And so said his Entourage: "Praise be to Diesel"
And so said Saint Diesel: "We're all family now"

Ithil

I enjoyed Fast Five and Six, but they're becoming more and more unrealistic with each entry to the point where I think seven is a bad film. Plot holes abound with utterly ridiculous stunts. Money speaks though and consumers want more.

Your only judgement of whether it's good or not is whether it's realistic?

Zultan

Banned
By the time 10 comes out, they'll be over 1/3rd of the way to the definition of movie longevity, Bond.

If Universal plays their cards right, this series could be the next Bond. All depends on how they handle cast transitions.

Edit - Speaking of Bond, they have a terrible curse going on since Brosnan. It goes like this:
New actor (great fucking movie!)
#2) Terrible
#3) Even more terrible
And so on until the recast. Then repeat:
New actor (great fucking movie!)

I can't figure it out.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

"...I got a Christmas card from Paul [Walker], he mailed it in advance. He says that nine and ten have to be done too. And in some ways, when you've done ten, you have to make sure a little time passes before you reboot your franchise.

And then he said we have to fight Thanos."

mdubs

Banned
Can't wait for the series to keep escalating until Vin Diesel and the fam kill god and save the world at the end of Fast 10

ItIsOkBro

They have to drive in space. That needs to happen before this beautiful series goes away. Maybe there's a meteor headed towards earth and the plan involves getting Dom and his team in their cars on the meteor to somehow stop it.

Radec

FF9 - Ian Shaw breaks out his bro Deckard. Kills The Rock. Vince's crew kills them at the end.

FF10 - Ian and Deckard Shaw's father out for revenge. Played by Viggo Mortensen.

They have to drive in space. That needs to happen before this beautiful series goes away. Maybe there's a meteor headed towards earth and the plan involves getting Dom and his team in their cars on the meteor to somehow stop it.
It could be Armaggedon for a new generation

Zultan

Banned

Hmm... interesting concept. I'm sure Michael Bay could pull it off! :)

Thewonandonly

Fast and furious 7 was honestly a terrible movie. I can't believe how bad it was and i was high as hell so it should have been amazing. No all the stunts were so god damn umbeliviable I couldn't stop laughing. All my friends didn't like it and we all thought it was really confusing and had no idea what was going on.
Being confused could have been because of my state of mind though

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Fast 5 was great, Furious 6 was passable, Furious 7 was a disaster.

I'm hoping Furious 8 is not the apocalypse.

mdubs

Banned
"...I got a Christmas card from Paul [Walker], he mailed it in advance. He says that nine and ten have to be done too. And in some ways, when you've done ten, you have to make sure a little time passes before you reboot your franchise.

And then he said we have to fight Thanos."

This slayed me. Fast and the Furious are basically the Avengers now,

Zultan

Banned
Fast and furious 7 was honestly a terrible movie. I can't believe how bad it was and i was high as hell so it should have been amazing. No all the stunts were so god damn umbeliviable I couldn't stop laughing. All my friends didn't like it and we all thought it was really confusing and had no idea what was going on.

Didn't click with me either. If I wanted to watch a by-the-numbers superhero movie, I'd watch a Marvel movie.

We're going to skydive in, that way we'll be undetected. But with cars! And thus crazy ass parachutes! It'll be great!

And the first time you see GMan. Perfect timing, no? And how was he and his team able to track them, get set up, then have time to come in at the right time? Not to mention his "slow walk oh I'm so cool" intro.

i'm perplexed as to why these films are so popular.

Michael Bay meets Marvel I'd guess.

Lego Boss

You loved it right?!

Hyun Sai

I spent the entire Fast7 movie wondering why they want something to locate someone who's always on their ass anyway... Old man shouting at the sky I guess...

- J - D -

Think for a second of how ridiculous the idea of ending with "one last trilogy" is. A fucking TRILOGY to end a movie series. There are very few franchises wherein someone could state that without it sounding weird.

Actually, the only other one I could think of is Marvel's MCU, and even then, it's not exactly one long-running single movie series.

I spent the entire Fast7 movie wondering why they want something to locate someone who's always on their ass anyway... Old man shouting at the sky I guess...

That was my favorite fucking part of the whole thing

WE NEED THIS THING TO FIND SHAW
Shaw shows up at all the spots they go to find the pieces of God's Eye
Sup guys

Ruruja

e2fbd7ffe7e167971db87427c671ec0b01253e7e.jpg

Why is Tran in this pic though?

spekkeh

Banned
Heh I thought I was the only one. I didn't care much for the first few F&Fs, but I loved what they did with Five (and also Six), bringing back 80s style action movies a la Schwarzenegger. Saw Seven yesterday, but it was just a whole lot of stupid. I mean, they're supposed to be silly, but they should also have some kind of internal logic, which seven completely violated.

Like Arnie mowing down scores of henchmen is logical, because he is a special green beret and called John Matrix, so yeah. But in Furious 7 it were the petty thieves that mowed down scores of green berets, that were even walking around in full tactical gear and bulletproof vests. It's when stupid jumps the shark.

RC

Banned
Heh I thought I was the only one. I didn't care much for the first few F&Fs, but I loved what they did with Five (and also Six), bringing back 80s style action movies a la Schwarzenegger. Saw Seven yesterday, but it was just a whole lot of stupid. I mean, they're supposed to be silly, but they should also have some kind of internal logic, which seven completely violated.

Like Arnie mowing down scores of henchmen is logical, because he is a special green beret and called John Matrix, so yeah. But in Furious 7 it were the petty thieves that mowed down scores of green berets, that were even walking around in full tactical gear and bulletproof vests. It's when stupid jumps the shark.

They're running out of excuses to use cars.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So it's a trilogy of trilogies.

Wait no, they'd be going to 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom