• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vin Diesel says Fast & Furious will end with "one last trilogy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the FF franchise, but FF is not FF without Vin Diesel. He is the single most important being of that universe. Of our universe.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Considering how fast they've pumped these out, the quality has been surprisingly good. It's weird to imagine we'll get to a Fast and Furious 10. It wasn't too long ago that Tokyo Drift looked like the end of the series.

Saya

We need a F&F and Torque crossover. Car gangs versus Bikergangs. Drive cars in space and through different dimensions and time, wormholes and shit. I want to see Vin Diesel turn into a car. Give me robots.

Tookay

I think the last one broke me.

I was with the insanity escalation of the series until there were drones flying around Los Angeles and Dom duel-wielding wrenches with epic choir music in the background.

I know, there have been other stupid moments in the series, but something about the last act of F7 was just too much.

"And this trilogy will be split up into three, three-part mini-trilogies, with the final movie of each trilogy trilogy being two parts. And please look forward to our trilogy trilogy duology prequel trilogies arriving shortly afterward just before the new F&F reboot anthology goes into production."

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
These are bad films, not here for this at all. Fast Five was the only truly good one.

I'd say even Bay's Transformers films are more enjoyable and more consistent. Is anyone even interested in F & F without Paul Walker?

I was a huge fan of The Fast and The Furious but I didn't even imagine a part 2 would be made. I didn't even see it at the theaters, and I don't remember much about it. I watch FF1 so many times, it was my third DVD.

2 is pure sewage. 3 is kinda awesome, 4 is meh, and 5 and 6 are somehow the best movies in the series, and 7's not too far off those.
Honestly, I was a big FF hater til 5, and now I can't get enough. I totally recommend getting caught up.

Cagey

Banned
Tokyo Drift tho.

fast-and-furious-tokyo-drift-o.gif

My man.

atr0cious

Tokyo Drift tho.

I don't get why 7 doesn't start after 3 and them having to go back to Japan. I think the guerrilla camera work really helped make that movie feel more grounded than the staged settings of the other films. I need to see zombie DK and Han drift battle for freedom from Hell.

Forget outer space. When are they finally going to drift into the Dino-dimension?

Seriously though, they need to reboot the tone of the movie and make it more grounded like the James Bond series does once in awhile to keep things fresh.

Symphonia

Banned
The last scene is Dom and Cob sat on a porch, overlooking their grandchildren, who are working on their cars. Dom looks to Cob, smiles, and nods. He looks to his right, where a ghostly vision of Brian is leaning against one of the porch's support beams. The ghost smiles and nods at Dom. Dom sighs, stands up, looks towards his grandson. He breathes heavily. The camera focuses on him face-on. A little smile spreads across his face. "Cob..."

"...we really were the fast and the furious."

Skunkers

I saw a rumor somewhere recently that they are in talks to get Justin Lin back for Fast 8 immediately following him wrapping on Star Trek Beyond. It'll be interesting to see if he really comes back.

Deadstar

Can't wait for the 9th installment where they go to Germany.

The Fast & the Furious: Nein

As long as the final movie sees Dom transition into a Furyan, I am down with whatever.

This is a great idea and would tie everything together. Also have one of the other cast mates reveal that they are part of the xXx program. I like the idea of F&F going sci fi into space onto another planet battling an evil warlord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom