• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vin Diesel says Fast & Furious will end with "one last trilogy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
If after FF 3 or 4 you'd have told me we would end up with another six FF movies I'd have laughed at you.

Also...we might see FF16 before FF XVI o_O

Furious 7 was hilariously terrible. First movie to make me feel old and completely disconnected with what's popular. It felt like the movie was written by a committee of 12 years olds high on sugar. You could really feel that the movie had this weird flow to it due to the death of Paul Walker. Each segment felt unrelated to each other, almost.
This. Awesome Outrun username btw.

SilentRob

They always said there was a eigth movie at least...the "One Last Ride" tagline was only used after Paul Walker's death for quite obvious reasons.

And honestly I'm all for it. The movies got progressivly better with every entry since the fourth - and I already loved the fifth one. FF7 was amazing (people ALREADY start hating that movie here, huh? I thought that would normally take at least a year with popular media products). Even though no entry will ever reach the corny perfection of Tokyo Drift (HAN D:), Fast & Furious has grown into one of my favorite movie franchises...somehow. I still don't understand how that worked out.

Also, yes, we have to reach Number ten just for "Fast X Furious", Fast & Fur10us" or, my favorite, "Fast X Fur10us". Because you can either be fast OR for us. Get it? There is so much more room fur insanely stupid movie titles!

Wagram

Your only judgement of whether it's good or not is whether it's realistic?

Let me post it one more time for you. This time take a moment to read.

I enjoyed Fast Five and Six, but they're becoming more and more unrealistic with each entry to the point where I think seven is a bad film. Plot holes abound with utterly ridiculous stunts. Money speaks though and consumers want more.

Ploid 3.0

If you told me years ago there would be 10 FF movies I would laugh at you

I was a huge fan of The Fast and The Furious but I didn't even imagine a part 2 would be made. I didn't even see it at the theaters, and I don't remember much about it. I watch FF1 so many times, it was my third DVD.

Purkake4

Banned
Three last rides.

I guess they really will have to go to space now. Not not going to top car parachutes and skyscraper-to-skyscraper jumping.

Verendus

Banned
More Rock. Less Vin Diesel.

It's a Fast and Furious fact that when there's more balance, and less Vin Diesel, the movies are better. Just look at Fast Five compared to Furious 7. The key difference is that Fast Five feels like an ensemble movie, while Furious 7 is Vin's terrible love story with a sprinkling of his friends.

Furious 7 was alright, but it falters thanks to that unnecessary focus on Diesel. Now that half the cast is gone, The Rock needs to save this franchise once more. Just like he did three movies ago.

Gorillaz

The fact he states this in such a matter of fact way is what makes this shit crazy. Almost in a ego trip way

Like, our shit has enough juice to go another 3 movies.

Maddocks

time to make it R rated, add some boobs in it, more blood, mad Max style crashes and chases. And stop saying,"one last ride" or "one last job" in every movie.

Symphonia

Banned
Three last rides.

I guess they really will have to go to space now. Not not going to top car parachutes and skyscraper-to-skyscraper jumping.
The final scene in Furious Ten: Final Fury: The Fastest Furious: Part Two will have Dom and a vision of Brian doing one last race on the surface of the Moon, a throwback of sorts to their first race, as 'Wrecking Ball' plays us out. And cut to credits.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
The fact he states this in such a matter of fact way is what makes this shit crazy. Almost in a ego trip way

Like, our shit has enough juice to go another 3 movies.

it's not, these movies don't need scripts to be successful , apparently, so he's sorta right

Toothless

They'll make more than ten. This'll be the end of the "Family" though. Bet you Diesel will be back as a mentor figure for the reboot released four years after 10.

Hell, the series was kinda crap until the fifth one, so I feel saying 'franchise fatigue' is almost an Oxymoron with the Fast and Furious. I say keep it going!

Please let 10 be them racing in the Moon using Lunar Rovers against aliens that are trying to steal the President of the United States.

In the end you discover that the aliens are actually Decepticons, and a Transformers x Furious mashup happens.

wildfire

Banned
Three last rides.

F8 will still be grounded in "reality"
Furious 9 will go into space.
Fast X Furious will be about traveling across dimensions fighting against and with alternate reality versions of many of the past characters.

Fast and Furious staring Tom Cruise.

That would actually be awesome.

And expensive.

Laieon

Fast & Furious 11 is going to be a movie about the Fast & Furious actors trying to steal a script for a new Fast & Furious movie that's been in development hell.

ArjanN

Didn't click with me either. If I wanted to watch a by-the-numbers superhero movie, I'd watch a Marvel movie.

We're going to skydive in, that way we'll be undetected. But with cars! And thus crazy ass parachutes! It'll be great!

And the first time you see GMan. Perfect timing, no? And how was he and his team able to track them, get set up, then have time to come in at the right time? Not to mention his "slow walk oh I'm so cool" intro.

Michael Bay meets Marvel I'd guess.

The over the top comic book nonsense is still better than basically having no hook at all like the earlier movies though.

I guess Vin can use the money to fund another Riddick game.

This cracked me up, mainly because it sounds absurd and yet plausible at the same time like an inevitability.

They series has actually been following the trajectory of Saint's Row pretty well, so I could see it happening.

Three last rides.

Cars driving on railroads between trains in motion.

Dune buggies driving and jumpimg from suspended containers to suspended containers at long ass import export dock with cranes.

Fast and Furious staring Tom Cruise.
That's called Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.

Seriously though. Liam Neeson as the main villain in 8. Emily Blunt as the main heavy / henchman in 8 who turns out to be the Shaw sister, who breaks Deckard and Owen out of Guantanamo in the post credit scene and they become the main villains in 9 and X.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
And when 10 comes to pass the crossovers will begin.

John Wick, The Raid, Expendables, Zombies, World War 2 Time Travel w/ a Tarantino script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom