• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection | Review Thread

uncharted-nathan-drake-collection-logo.jpg

Here we go:

Close if old!

Card Boy

Banned
We know the reviews from previous games. Not sure if we are expecting an 88, 96, and 92 Metacritic games to drop in the 60's or some shit.

fastmower

I would be interested to see what you guys think about the Jim Sterling review. I thought he voiced his opinions well, but I can't say I agree with a lot of what he says, personally.

Sheroking

I'm honestly too busy to read many of these.

Any technical faults?

I would be interested to see what you guys think about the Jim Sterling review. I thought he voiced his opinions well, but I can't say I agree with a lot of what he says, personally.

This is very often my experience with Jim Sterling reviews.

Love the man to death, but his reviews are not something I find myself agreeing with very often.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Yikes.

From 3 of the "games of the generation" to a mid 80s Metacritic score. This'll end up with a lower average than Uncharted 1 on it's own. Why such a huge drop off? Even GOW3 Remastered on it's own scored higher o_O

Gusy

This could be my favorite collection after Metroid Prime Trilogy. Now bring on Mass Effect!!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Excited to play through the games again, shame that I will probably be out of town during the U4 beta.

hamchan

Yikes.

From 3 of the "games of the generation" to a mid 80s Metacritic score. This'll end up with a lower average than Uncharted 1 on it's own. Why such a huge drop off? Even GOW3 Remastered on it's own scored higher o_O

Same way Gears 1 Ultimate Edition got a lower score. It's been many years since these games came out, it's only to be expected that a spectacle based shooter has aged over the years.

Mid-80s is still really good anyways.

Also GOW3 benefits from being in a genre that isn't overcrowded. Plus the metacritic of GOW3 remastered is 81, lower than Uncharted Collection.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yikes.

I'm assuming UC's mechanics and setpieces are not as impressive now that they are basic third person action mechanics in the industry as well as no longer paired with a graphical contender for best in the business.

Gameplay has been surpassed by TLOU and Tomb Raider(IMO), stories are basic Indiana Jones and the jump from previous UC games to TLOU for ND was too great to overlook i guess..

Standards do change, even though it doesn't seem like it

A.J.

Banned
Yikes.

Age does these things. Solid scores either way

fastmower

You can have a review thread if you can act like adults.
I know we can, I was just kind of being tongue-in-cheek with that poster.

On topic though, I think the scores are very fair and the overall Metacritic is pretty good. As expected, some reviews have weird criticisms but many have very fair criticisms.

Yikes.

Wut

86 is hardly a bad score and God of War III scored lower. Stop reaching.

Is there any details from the reviews regarding load times? The demo has a long load time after the cutscene, in the PS3 version the game leafs during the cutscene and is ready to go seamlessly after the cutscene. Only possible major downgrade.

Hugstable

Banned
Nice, reviews are looking decent and seems to be what I've been wanting out of the collection which is basically a 60fps uncharted 1 and 2, can't wait to replay those 2 games, spent alot of nights with my buddy playing the game multiple times on the different difficulties.

You can have a review thread if you can act like adults.

This please.

Maengun1

I'm so pumped for this. All 3 of these are easily among my favorite games of all time (the "only uncharted 2 is great" crowd is nuts IMO).

I replayed 1 and 2 before 3 came out, but I haven't re-experienced them at all since then. Which was, damn, 4 years ago! Can't wait.

Lingitiz

I know it's probably too much to ask, but I wish they would have gotten UC2's MP or coop missions in there somehow. Seems like a large chunk on the franchise to omit, even if it is known for great SP campaigns.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I just dont want any of those load times. That single one was more annoying than anything. On PS3 it was never like that

Load time was pretty bad in the demo. Also, Nathan got stuck in a wall. Not converted myself but if the reviews are looking good hopefully those anticipating this end up happy.

Replicant

Ugh, I wish it's out this week. We have a 3 days weekend here in Australia and I have nothing to play.

Okay, that's not true. I haven't finished MGSV, The Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight.....y'know what? I think I'm going to be fine.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Ugh, I wish it's out this week. We have a 3 days weekend here in Australia and I have nothing to play.

Okay, that's not true. I haven't finished MGSV, The Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight.....y'know what? I think I'm going to be fine.

Same here. Those games are exceptionally large. Im good for the rest of the year, but Fallout 4 is coming. Shits cray these days.

Hoje0308

Banned
Yikes.

The shooting mechanics were never the tightest in their genre and have been surpassed by even more games since then, including ND's own effort, TLoU. The stories are a known quantity and thus no longer have the effect they once did while the graphics have suffered a similar fate. You're still left with three really good games, but they've obviously aged a bit. Plus MP is gone, which in the case of U2 is definitely a bad thing.

I'm glad the port seems good. As someone who enjoys the games and replay them regularly, I'm curious to see how UC1 benefits from the mechanical changes in the game. Grenades were always a bit frustrating to use in that one.

Yikes.

2 out of 3 of the games weren't "games of the generation" when they came out + they probably haven't aged well

zsynqx

TLOU remastered 95 metacritic
Uncharted remastered 86 metacritic

I think we all know which is the better game :)

Top Bottom