• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Classics on PS Store Europe (Petition)

Lagunamov

It's a shame the current situation that we are living in Europe. The Store from the States has a lot of classic games that we don't have and, basically, you'are fucked if you like the jrpgs. You can buy it with you American Account yes, but if you have a PSVita, like me, and you want to play that games you cannot do it in any way.

For this reason I opened a petition, to ask Sony to bring that games to our Network. If you have a minute, please, sign it!!!
Greetings Sony Computer Entertainment and thank you for your time.

We are European owners of devices such as PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 and love the classics from the PlayStation era. We are happy to have the chance of playing that kind of video games with our consoles as we consider that these classics give more value to our consoles and strengthen our loyalty to your products. Although the current state of that service is good, it can be better (everything in our reality can be improved) with not too much effort.

We have noticed that you uploaded a lot of these classics to the USA PlayStation Store, but not to the European one and we would love to have the chance to play those video games too. For this reason, we are making a petition to change that, because we can’t wait to play again the classic video games that were already released in Europe in the past such as the excellent The Legend of Dragoon or Resident Evil. We are also impatient to play for the first time lots of acclaimed video games that didn’t cross our borders such as Valkyrie Profile, Chrono Cross, Xenogears and many others.

Making this possible will take some time, we know that, but we also know that your company takes care of its fans and loyal customers and we do hope that you will listen to our prayers. That would be awesome. In addition, those video games are already uploaded to the PlayStation Store of the United States, so making them available to your European fans would not be very expensive.

If you think that we can change the account in order to download games in other regions, allow it on PS Vita.

Thank you for your time again and we hope to get news concerning this soon.

Signed:
Your fans.

https://www.change.org/p/sony-sony-computer-entertainment-sony-computer-entertainment-europe-classic-psx-games-on-psn-store-europe?recruiter=29080589&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Thank you!!!

LewieP

I wonder if updating the Vita to allow multiple accounts on there at once would be the easier solution here. Baffling that this functionality was omitted.

Tizoc

I gotta say the lack of more PSOne and PS2 classics on EU PSN this past year has been baffling, however, keep in mind that at least 1 new PS2 Classic has been rated by PEGI; Dark Cloud 2.
I suggest waiting til after PGW to see if they have any further plans for PS2 Classics in Europe region.

At least we finally got Suikoden 3 despite never getting that released here back in the day. It could definitely be better though, for sure. Signed.

Just give me Xenogears and Chrono cross. I've been a good boy, never used a chipped PS1/PS2 to play them or download the US ISO for PSP/PC.
Pay back this loyalty, come on Sony/Squeenix. Throw me a bone.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Done, I really hope that Sony listen as I really want to play Xenogears, Threads of Fate and Legend of Dragoon.

It's utterly baffling that Legend of Dragoon a Sony published game isn't on the PS store.

Lagunamov

Done, I really hope that Sony listen as I really want to play Xenogears, Threads of Fate and Legend of Dragoon.

It's utterly baffling that Legend of Dragoon a Sony published game isn't on the PS store.

Yes, I don't understand why they didn't upload LoD yet! We had that game here and localized to the europeans languages.

Yeah, we're kinda getting left in the dust where Classics are concerned. The easy solution is to just buy them off the US store with a secondary account, but that doesn't solve the problem if you want to use them on a Vita.

Still, I'll always be grateful for finally having the opportunity to play Chrono Cross, even if it never did and never will come to the EU store.

Prelude.

The real solution would be allowing multiple accounts on Vita because, yes, releasing the games officially in Europe is expensive since they have to deal with the european parties involved when the game was published, it's not just the flip of a switch.
But considering how many first party or Sony-published games are missing from both stores, it's not even close to being a priority for them.
It's also a 3rd party issue since there are cases when there are publishing shenanigans for a single region, like Crash Bandicoot for the US or just a matter of a regional division "initiative", like for example, Sega of America wants to publish X game because reasons but it's done independently so Sega Europe is not involved.

Asking for a game to be released in any region is obviously a good thing but allowing multiple accounts is a simple workaround that solves almost every kind of bullshit and even the 50hz issue.

Betty

Banned
PLEASE put LSD Dream Emulator on PSN!

It would get lots of sales, attracts lots of let's players into playing it meaning even higher sales and it's just a fantastic, unique game.

Plus it's all in english so there's no need to translate it.

DO IT!

LSDcOLLAGE.png

I wonder if updating the Vita to allow multiple accounts on there at once would be the easier solution here. Baffling that this functionality was omitted.
It is truly baffling that they haven't enabled that option, makes me wonder if the os architecture is a bit funny about the account business.

Lagunamov

It would get lots of sales, attracts lots of let's players into playing it meaning even higher sales and it's just a fantastic, unique game.

DO IT!

LSDcOLLAGE.png

They put Cho Aniki, so it's not impossible!!!

Plasma

Banned
I agree, EU is even missing Dino Crisis 1 and 2. This injustice can not stand!

My brother got a Vita recently and signed up with a UK account only to find that out too late. Kind of baffling really why SCEE aren't putting these games up, it's not like they didn't release over here.

DO IT!

LSDcOLLAGE.png

Is this available on any of the stores to purchase right now? I always did want to give it a try.

souffe

Neo Member
I've seen a lot of these petitions come and go, mostly directed at square Enix, but I wonder, have any of these petitions actually been successful in the past ? Not a criticism, but a legitimate question. Signed it anyway

Lagunamov

I've seen a lot of these petitions come and go, mostly directed at square Enix, but I wonder, have any of these petitions actually been successful in the past ? Not a criticism, but a legitimate question. Signed it anyway

Well, they brought Suikoden thanks to a petition. And to localizate some games worked too!! We don't lose nothing trying it!!! Thanks for your signature!!

NekoFever

+1 on 60Hz or bust. I've never bought a PS1 or earlier game on any of the online stores because I haven't put up with that shit since the mid 90s and it's a pain finding out which version is available digitally.

Faustek

I have 3 Vita's dedicated to this. I can't be arsed to switch between my Japanese, European or US accounts all the time. Heck a few of them are only in certain regions because we, the fans, translated the meta data.

Man a few painkillers away from creating a topic dedicated to just recruit people for this purpose.

Translate meta data for Indies and smaller houses so they can release in all of Europe as well.

Btw any legal reasons why a game that isn't localised in the native language still must have the store info in that regions language!? It's stupid.

L.O.R.D

Those games are compatible if you have an EU or JP account on your Vita.
If you have a US account, those games are not Vita compatible.

that's way i said that
i have US account , and i created it like that because i know the saudi arabia store will hide many games

Top Bottom