• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Elite Controller impressions

Dabanton

Had a long play with this at a games show a couple of weeks back.

Thing is superb. Was baffling at first but as you get used to the extra gubbins you can see how you can improve things.

Will probably get one for Christmas.

xrnzaaas

This is a pro. Silly, IGN.

Let me use my Eneloops.

Exactly. Not being able to use AA batteries is one of the things I miss the most after switching from a 360 to a PS4. I still have my Sanyo Eneloops and I use them currently only for a portable radio... it takes ages until they need to be charged again.

Ryne

I've completely changed my stance regarding batteries after going through 6 or so MS branded rechargeable batteries for the 360 controller.

I'm with everyone else here, let me use my rechargeable AA batteries, that isn't a con to me.

I am ridiculously hyped for this thing, can't wait to receive mine!

The best controller on the market by a long shot for me. I hope it has huge success and leads to being the default pack in controller next gen.

Building in a rechargeable battery pack is just asking for issues when you've spent so much on a controller and eventually it craps out (the battery that is)

Of course, they could have bundled in a play and charge kit or something but I suspect at this point most people have some sort of battery solution for their controller anyway, I don't see it as a big deal

kmfdmpig

Let me use my Eneloops.

I know. It's hilarious how many people think this way. Even on Gaf you see people make the same ridiculous argument. I'd much rather have Eneloops which are cheap, last a long time and don't really wear out than a "newer technology" rechargeable batter.

Only con is price. . and I feel like some retailer is going to slip and sell this for regular price. And once they do. . I'm all over it. I need this. God I wish it could work with my PS4.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So, how good are these Eneloops? I see people mentioning them all the time, but are they really that good? How long do they last?

They are hands down the best AA and AAA batteries I have ever used.
After having eneloops, I grew to dislike internal batteries in controllers. Internal batteries are absolute dogshit in comparison.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/1...ont page)&utm_content=1&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Pros
Feels great
Great companion app
Beautiful build and design
Tons of customisations

Cons
Price
Non-rechargeable batteries

I think what IGN tried to say is it doesn't come with a rechargeable battery pack (play and charge kit) which is kind of disappointing you have to pay extra for it. It's supposed to be the Elite package yet they just throw you 2 AA's in the pack, that's lame.

nib95

Banned

Let me use my Eneloops.

This is an unnecessary additional chore and expense that no-one should have to invest in, especially at the price they are charging. I have rechargeable batteries and a charger, and even then I still just went ahead and bought a play and charge kit. It's still more convenient.

god all this coverage is making the wait for tuesday unbearable. I don't even have time to game as much as i'd like too.

Also i'm now interested in Eneloops o_O

Karak

Con is price and by that I mean a no go. Absolutely in no way worth it for that cost. And yes had hands on.

Someone please tell me what's the release date for Europe. I'm very confused, some retailers say it's 15th of december. So what's the deal??

Troy

Banned
This is an unnecessary additional chore and expense that no-one should have to invest in, especially at the price they are charging. I have rechargeable batteries and a charger, and even then I still just went ahead and bought a play and charge kit. It's still more convenient.

Look at that, they gave you a choice. Eneloops are better. I get to use those. You get to use what you want. Everyone wins. Choices are great.

Justinh

Youtube link for the video here. It wouldn't show up for me on Gamespot's page, so maybe it'll be good for someone else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfu9INuN4Lw

I'm all about eneloops, but I can see someone wanting the see a play and charge kit included. It doesn't remove my ability to use my eneloops and I guess would be a nice gesture to those who might not have rechargeable AAs.

I've got one of these coming, but I'm a little bit worried about the "smooth rubberized coating." My old belkin nostromo n52te had a smooth rubberized coating and after years of use, it got sticky and just kinda nasty. Hopefully that's not the case here.

E92 M3

I'd also like for this controller to have adjustable tightness on the sticks. The tighter, the better. 360 had it nice.

Top Bottom