• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: BloodBorne

Purchased the game on amazon this past Sunday since the price dropped to about 26.00$ after being harassed by a fellow gaffer
JimmyFenix
to try BloodBorne and to experience this masterpiece from Lord Miyazaki. I was skeptical about trying this game due to the infamous difficulty (Lol coming from a SF player) here's my experience so far:

Spent about 3 hours trying to get to the Cleric beast luckily I was streaming and some fellow gaffers (Rajang and JayEH) helped me along the way explaining the leveling up mechanics the whole 9 yards, at times when I died I wasn't salty but rather amused that the reason I died was because of my own stupidity instead of some cheap gimmick.

Anyway, I made it to the Beast got bodied about 10 times I laughed each time. I had enough and decided to grind it out for an Hr, in the process I leveled up, got the latest gear and stocked up. This is the result:

http://youtu.be/HdZTO_KTxiA

#Believe

Edit: First Official Boss back by popular demand.
Died about 20 plus times who knows? and somehow I did it.
http://youtu.be/7GCGgWZU-O4

Update 3: Mini boss I guess? Annoying SoB that made me resort to uncanny ways..
http://youtu.be/vZPNHmZ7pfg

Update 4: Second boss: grinding like hell and beat her quite easily.

http://youtu.be/6kNQ37_eD74

Update 5: Operation Witch Hunt probably the easiest boss in the game
http://youtu.be/yQzkVVbM-Rk

Update 6: The Shadows have seen the light
http://youtu.be/S3PF6BxffSc

Update 7: SpiderRom
http://youtu.be/GcJnqsYrGcs

Update 8: Mean ass beast
http://youtu.be/eB2HbbmMbtA

Update 9 : A hunter is born
http://youtu.be/sEoCWcpi6nY

Update 10: it wasn't pretty but I'll take it
http://youtu.be/Cb27xXUKK8I

Damn, that looks intense. I've never played a souls game. I've always been vaguely interested but everything I've heard about the difficulty has been a bit off-putting.

Maybe I'll pick up BB the next time it goes on sale, hopefully digitally.

Damn, that looks intense. I've never played a souls game. I've always been vaguely interested but everything I've heard about the difficulty has been a bit off-putting.

Maybe I'll pick up BB the next time it goes on sale, hopefully digitally.

20 on Black Friday it's already out in the ads the game feels like you're Gust or the protag from Vampire Hunter D.

wiibomb

You are just started, the next boss is some real fun.. and then it keeps on and on.. seriously, I had my own doubts about this game too because of the "insane" difficulty, but I got it just right, I guess Monster Hunter trained me pretty well...

There are some truly amazing settings and bosses, keep on going and remember to never give up.

May the good blood guide your way

Welcome to the party bro.

Also took me 3 hrs to get to the Cleric Beast...
Wait till you're level'd and start punishing fools. The seachange from weak to strong is incredible. The game is so empowering and still incredibly intimidating. Game of the decade (so far) IMO.

CHC

Goddamn it gets me so excited hearing about people STARTING this game. It's amazing that you're only on Cleric Beast (amazing in a good way, not a dig at your pace through the game!).

You have a great journey ahead of you goood huuuuunter.

Ogawa-san

I was LTTP too, only got it last week.

Yada yada yada, platinum in four days, my GOTY.

You're in for one hell of a ride.

You are just started, the next boss is some real fun.. and then it keeps on and on.. seriously, I had my own doubts about this game too because of the "insane" difficulty, but I got it just right, I guess Monster Hunter trained me pretty well...

There are some truly amazing settings and bosses, keep on going and remember to never give up.

May the good blood guide your way

Yeah at first it was kind of intimidating, since there's no proper tutorial. The first time I lost Blood echoes man.. My soul burned.

Afrocious

My GOTY

Yeah at first it was kind of intimidating, since there's no proper tutorial. The first time I lost Blood echoes man.. My soul burned.

Let your soul burn and let the blood spill. Blood/Souls come and go. The only thing that matters is your skill, and it will always get better.

I love this game.

wiibomb

There is an excellent video for starter on youtube from vaatividya, that man explains everything a novice need to know for bloodborne

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
That feeling, tho, when the boss has only one pixel of health left, and you get greedy and get yourself killed.

WSmpayC.gif

EhoaVash

lol funny thing is that boss is completely optional :s

anyway next boss, i mean the real 1st boss is fucking intense op but it looks like you got the hang of the dodging so you should be good. good game but many times i felt like giving up.

YuShtink

Yep but soon you'll yearn for the days when the series' strange mechanics and flow were mysterious. There's nothing better than playing a Souls game for the first time and trying to figure out wtf is going on. The only similar feeling I've ever gotten from a game was Everquest. When it first came out it was so unintuitive in every sense of the word. But there was a real joy of discovery and enlightenment that came with starting out utterly lost and finding your way.

Dark_castle

After you played Bloodborne, you can never return to mediocre action rpg like FFXV again. It's like the saying once you go black, you can never turn back.

jmaine_ph

Still my GOTY. I can't wait for the DLC.

Being a perfectionist this game broke me. I spent 4 hours trying to make sure I had all my blood echoes from the start up until the Cleric Beast. I simply had to "git gud"

lol funny thing is that boss is completely optional :s

anyway next boss, i mean the real 1st boss is fucking intense op but it looks like you got the hang of the dodging so you should be good. good game but many times i felt like giving up.

But by killing Cleric Beast, he can ignore another optional boss
and area
;)

The best thing is OP won't know what I am talking about and will probably end up fighting it.

Ikon

Yep but soon you'll yearn for the days when the series' strange mechanics and flow were mysterious. There's nothing better than playing a Souls game for the first time and trying to figure out wtf is going on. The only similar feeling I've ever gotten from a game was Everquest. When it first came out it was so unintuitive in every sense of the word. But there was a real joy of discovery and enlightenment that came with starting out utterly lost and finding your way.
I 100% agree. It's one of the reasons both games are among my all time favorites.

Good luck with Bloodborne, it's really something special and GOTY without a doubt. I don't have time to watch your clip right now so I don't know how pertinent this is, but the Saw Cleaver is one hell of a weapon.

You're jumping in at the perfect time too! The DLC is out in just a couple weeks :)

Edit: watching your clip I see you're already pretty good at dodging! I think you'll do fine for the rest of the game as long as you don't get greedy :)

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I want to finish this game so badly but it's just not a relaxing game to return to.
Sigh.

The game just drains my mental energy. Not because it's difficult (it's not really that difficult), but because the atmosphere is just so goddamn creepy.

Game4life

Banned
The best game of this gen. OP you are in for a treat. The boss designs and level design is going to leave you awestruck. Wait till you reach the next two bosses. Absolute master class from Miyazaki.

Afrocious

At a certain point, I found Souls games relaxing. I became able to roll and dodge stuff like butter somehow and engagements became serene.

At a certain point, I found Souls games relaxing. I became able to roll and dodge stuff like butter somehow and engagements became serene.

Yeap, for a while that's what I used to wind down after work. My gamer friend couldn't believe I used the Souls games as a way to relieve stress lol

Don't watch the lore explanation videos until you are further into the game.

I'd wait until finishing the game to watch the lore stuff, experiencing everything on your own for the first time makes for a fantastic experience.

Question, is it important to level up arcane,blood tinge and skill trees?

Skill is like Dexterity in the Souls games, some weapons scale well with it (like the cane), and may need a certain amount of Skill to be able to equip it. If you like using weapons that scale well with Skill, by all means put points into this stat.

Bloodtinge affects gun damage, and some guns may require a certain amount of Bloodtinge in order to be able to equip it.

Arcane increases molotov cocktail damage and is used to certain re-usable items that are basically the magic of this game. You can ignore it if you want.

I want to finish this game so badly but it's just not a relaxing game to return to.
Sigh.
I picked it up again last week after 6 months away... It was a daunting task, but I was a fool to leave it be for so long. Game is so damn good. Creeps me out when I'm downstairs at 2 am, headphones on, lights out, strolling through the forest, frontier, and nightmares.

Get back into it. Fear is the mindkiller.

Game4life

Banned

Well you have specific weapon bonuses based on what you level up. For example Saw Cleaver scales with Strength. So more you level up strength the more damage you are going to do with the weapon. Similarly the threaded cane scales with skill. So depends on what weapon you prefer really. I would say for the first run - Strength is good enough. Once you get Ludwig's sword you will not look back. You can experiment with skill in the second run.

gogosox82

Depends on what weapon your using. You were using the saw clever in the video you posted so I would level skill since that weapon scales with skill.

Edit: my bad. Saw cleaver scales with str. so you should level str.

Voidwolf

Depends on what weapons you plan to use. Check what they scale with and then level up that stat. Just in case you don't know what they are, the star is arcane, the hand is skill, bloodtinge is the blood splatter. I use the Chikage and Evelyn on my main character so I went with bloodtinge. It's probably one of the strongest builds to go with. I didn't know it at the time, I just love katanas.

Top Bottom