• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Replay for PSP - (Road Rash 1-3, Desert Strike, Wing Commander + more)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Wario64 said:
* Wing Commander: Lead your elite Tiger's Claw squadron against the forces of the Kilrathi Empire.

* Wing Commander: Secret Missions: Come face to face with the ultimate threat to mankind, a weapon capable of destroying entire planets!

****ING ****

I WANT THIS ON A CONSOLE I OWN,
not a console two people in the world own

The End

Danthrax said:

****ING ****

I WANT THIS ON A CONSOLE I OWN,
not a console two people in the world own

Judges?

Should we count this as "better on the DS?"

Ok, I'm hearing from them now...We'll allow it!

:lol

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Wario64 said:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=190354

Step back to the dawn of console gaming's golden age with this collection of classics. Play hits from Road Rash, Strike and other legendary series in the first EA compilation of classic handheld games. Go head-to-head with friends in multiplayer mode on select titles. You can even unlock original game art, play in widescreen or normal mode, and save any game at any point. Take fun with you - anytime, anywhere!

* B.O.B.: Help B.O.B. blast his way through alien goon squads and rendezvous with his galactic babe!

* Budokan: Walk the path of the warrior as you master the most deadly martial arts.

* Desert Strike: With a fiery blast from your Hellfire missiles you must annihilate a ruthless tyrant's military arsenal.

* Jungle Strike: The Desert Madman is dead. Now his vicious son plots a nuclear strike against the U.S.A.

* Haunting Starring Polterguy: Scare an evil family out of their house by being scary, funny or just plain gross.

* Mutant League Football: Anything can happen when mutants battle to prove who rules the galactic gridiron.

* Road Rash: Blow opponenets off the backroads in California's most illegal, unofficial and dangerous race.

* Road Rash II: Road racing isn't just a sport. It's an attitude! Cruising cross country just got a lot harier.

* Road Rash III: Keep an eye out for wildlife and other hazards as you engage in a 150-MPH bike brawl.

* Syndicate: Sources indicate a rival sydicate has developed a dangerous new computer program. We want it.

* Ultima: The Black Gate: Solve the mystery that has befallen Britannia before its manifestation is complete!

* Virtual Pinball: You design the pinball game, you build it, you play it!

* Wing Commander: Lead your elite Tiger's Claw squadron against the forces of the Kilrathi Empire.

* Wing Commander: Secret Missions: Come face to face with the ultimate threat to mankind, a weapon capable of destroying entire planets!

****ME I AM ORGASMING AT THIS NEWZ!!! :D

Oh shit, I was so focused on Wing Commander I just noticed Ultima VII nice, too bad no Serpent Isle as well. I am definitely buying this.

EDIT: What's the deal with the SNES Ultima VII though, never played it, is it similar at all. I'm guessing it will be the SNES Wing Commander too thinking about it, which sucks. The Strike games and Road Rash are still worth it.

jgkspsx

No Mutant League Hockey?! :( :( :(

Wario64 said:
* Desert Strike
* Jungle Strike
* Mutant League Football
* Road Rash III
**** YEAH. Not that the rest of the games aren't great, either!

Edit: No Mutant League Hockey?!?!?! :( :( :(

Pimpbaa

This collection would have been a must have for me if some of the games were ports of the pc originals.

wipeout364

That list takes me back to the time when I thought EA was cool (although a few of those titles were aquistions). Times sure have changed.

Fusebox

Banned
Wing Commander PSP - sweeeeet!!

Just up the res and keep that awesome vibrant cut-scene art and its a winnar.

wc4.gif

Wing%20commander%202%20Screenshot%2002.gif

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Hmm...Syndicate, Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, Road Rash II? I said wow. :)
I'm too lazy to think right now, but they are probably missing a ton of great games in that collection as well (ie possible Replay 2 coming soon?). I would like to see good old 2D NHL and Madden, but I guess it wouldn't fly considering old rosters and so on.
Oh, and online play would be awesome of course, but not very likely to happen either. :/

Fusebox

Banned
Holy crap I was so busy spooging about Wing Commander that I totally missed Syndicate!

Goddamn that game used to own, could it even be one of the first violent sandbox titles? civilian body-counts ftw! Damn the sequel sucked though.

mosaic

go eat paint
I've oftened wondered why EA hasn't resurrected the Mutant League series, especially football. They have the Madden engine. Imagine a gory Mutant League Football game on the 360 or PS3. It'd be schweet.

ChrisReid

Yay, two Wing Commander games!

arne said:
Wait what? I didn't know about that.
ok, drool is postponed until further clarification.

pc versions plz.

Wow, what the hell is the matter with you guys and the Super Nintendo Wing Commander? WC1 and SM1 were some of the best freakin games on the entire system. The controls were great, the graphics were great, and it was extremely faithful to the PC version. Only a few very minor things were tweaked because of the cartridge size limitation (green Salthi instead of Jalthi, etc). On the other hand, there were a few cool things added (alternate/additional cutscenes). It seriously makes zero difference what Wing Commander version we're getting on the PSP at all.

wc1screenshot01.gif

wc1screenshot04.gif

wc1screenshot05.gif

sm1screenshot08.gif

wc1screenshot17.gif

coldvein

Banned
Lambtron said:
I wish it had Skitchin' and Mutant League Hockey, but that's still pretty damn good.

Agreed. Mutant League Hockey >>>>>> ML Football

by 500 miles

Oh well, still buying it.

Javaman

BobbyRobby said:
Damn, where's Adventure Construction Set or MAil Order Monsters

Holy shit. I thought I was the only one left on the planet who remembered those games.

I wonder how they will replace the keyboard in U7?

Rlan

I may have a fuzzy memory, but didn't Road Rash III have licensed bikes, like Kawasaki or something?

As much as I'm glad that the Strike and Road Rash games are getting recognition again, THIS needs to happen:

dsstrike2bw.png

Surprised about the lack of Urban Strike though. Hopefully a second collection includes Road Rash 3D0/Saturn/PSX, that was a great game. Hopefully they have save states - RR & Strikes had some shocking password systems.

Also.. Didn't EA never aquire a license for Megadrive games, hense the big-carts with the yellow tab? Or am I way wrong here?

Tamanon

Banned
WOOOOOOOOO! Outstanding news. Finally a compilation I can really get behind. Wing Commander, Syndicate, Ultima, and the Strike games which I loved:)

jko

**** you EA, SNES version of Ultima 7?!@?!?!?!?!?!
Bring on the PC version man!!!!! COME ON!!!! WHERES THE GOOD NEWS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Mashing

Oh man, this is an awesome list of games. I've put lots of times into Desert Strike and Mutant League Football.

Edit: Not to troll or anything but I wonder if the DS could handle the PC versions better? Still, I'm on this like white on rice.

No.1

PSP exclusive? You've got to be kidding. What happened to EA's statement of "Sony is stupid, we're supporting the DS"?

inthegray

EA has lost their minds not putting this on the ds.

still -- Desert Strike? Syndicate?!? Mutant League Football?!! awesome to see these games getting some attention. great win, for the psp side.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Matix said:
After EA's rant, this was pretty ****ing unexpected..

EDIT:

OMFG, EA releasing all this hotness at a budget price too ($29.99 for great justice) !!

29.99 is not budget price :\ this should be 19.99, without question

of course i'll still be getting it so i'm gonna fall for it too. heh

looking at that lineup of games reminds me that EA used to actually be -really- good. look how gamers tend to see them now. jeez, how things change.

ChrisReid

Infernal Monkey said:
I don't think that's what he was eeww'ing about. =p

It wasn't a groan at the dated graphics? I don't get it then. I assume there's few people here who cringe at the Sivar...

MageLord

BobbyRobby said:
Damn, where's Adventure Construction Set or MAil Order Monsters
Mail Order Monster RULES! That was my favorite game as a kid--next to Wing Commander Baby!!! I'm sooo stoked they're bringing back Wing Commander! EA needs to make a new Wing Commander, those were some of the best PC games ever--that and Command & Conquer.

Also, Archon on the PSP, XBLA, etc would be incredible.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
While I'm equally annoyed at these not also appearing on the DS, I must admit that I was of the general impression that SNES/Genesis/etc. emulation was a tad tougher to do on the DS than on the PSP...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
ChrisReid said:
That's a higher res image than the PSP screen, and we're looking at a 16 year old game that originally asked for a 12 MHz processor.
Haha, of course not. Can't you see every pixel is doubled in that picture? The original game ran at the 320x200 resolution.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
No.1 said:
PSP exclusive? You've got to be kidding. What happened to EA's statement of "Sony is stupid, we're supporting the DS"?
They said they'd put their fun games on the DS. So, no worries, none of this will be fun. :)

Top Bottom