• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Replay for PSP - (Road Rash 1-3, Desert Strike, Wing Commander + more)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=190354

Step back to the dawn of console gaming's golden age with this collection of classics. Play hits from Road Rash, Strike and other legendary series in the first EA compilation of classic handheld games. Go head-to-head with friends in multiplayer mode on select titles. You can even unlock original game art, play in widescreen or normal mode, and save any game at any point. Take fun with you - anytime, anywhere!

* B.O.B.: Help B.O.B. blast his way through alien goon squads and rendezvous with his galactic babe!

* Budokan: Walk the path of the warrior as you master the most deadly martial arts.

* Desert Strike: With a fiery blast from your Hellfire missiles you must annihilate a ruthless tyrant's military arsenal.

* Jungle Strike: The Desert Madman is dead. Now his vicious son plots a nuclear strike against the U.S.A.

* Haunting Starring Polterguy: Scare an evil family out of their house by being scary, funny or just plain gross.

* Mutant League Football: Anything can happen when mutants battle to prove who rules the galactic gridiron.

* Road Rash: Blow opponenets off the backroads in California's most illegal, unofficial and dangerous race.

* Road Rash II: Road racing isn't just a sport. It's an attitude! Cruising cross country just got a lot harier.

* Road Rash III: Keep an eye out for wildlife and other hazards as you engage in a 150-MPH bike brawl.

* Syndicate: Sources indicate a rival sydicate has developed a dangerous new computer program. We want it.

* Ultima: The Black Gate: Solve the mystery that has befallen Britannia before its manifestation is complete!

* Virtual Pinball: You design the pinball game, you build it, you play it!

* Wing Commander: Lead your elite Tiger's Claw squadron against the forces of the Kilrathi Empire.

* Wing Commander: Secret Missions: Come face to face with the ultimate threat to mankind, a weapon capable of destroying entire planets!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit MINE.

I wish it had Skitchin' and Mutant League Hockey, but that's still pretty damn good.

DMczaf

* Mutant League Football: Anything can happen when mutants battle to prove who rules the galactic gridiron.

* Road Rash: Blow opponenets off the backroads in California's most illegal, unofficial and dangerous race.

* Road Rash II: Road racing isn't just a sport. It's an attitude! Cruising cross country just got a lot harier.

* Road Rash III: Keep an eye out for wildlife and other hazards as you engage in a 150-MPH bike brawl.

Damn it! Put these games on XBLA with online play!

Beowvlf

Banned
Wario64 said:
* Desert Strike: With a fiery blast from your Hellfire missiles you must annihilate a ruthless tyrant's military arsenal.

* Jungle Strike: The Desert Madman is dead. Now his vicious son plots a nuclear strike against the U.S.A.

* Syndicate: Sources indicate a rival sydicate has developed a dangerous new computer program. We want it.

* Wing Commander: Lead your elite Tiger's Claw squadron against the forces of the Kilrathi Empire.

* Wing Commander: Secret Missions: Come face to face with the ultimate threat to mankind, a weapon capable of destroying entire planets!
O.

M.

G.

!!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

* Ultima: The Black Gate: Solve the mystery that has befallen Britannia before its manifestation is complete!

* Virtual Pinball: You design the pinball game, you build it, you play it!

I am yours EA. Here are my moneys.

Matix

After EA's rant, this was pretty ****ing unexpected..

EDIT:

OMFG, EA releasing all this hotness at a budget price too ($29.99 for great justice) !!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Are these the SNES versions of Wing Commander and Ultima 7?

Cuz if so... UUUUUUUUUGH!

And... EA, you've already been beaten to the punch. ;p

Bigfonzie

syndicate.jpg

Lets roll.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
There was a SNES version of Ultima 7? And console versions of Syndicate?

Anyhow, I'm definately buying this. Golden age of EA.

Frenck

Banned
Damn!

Amazing selection of classics. I would prefer the PC versions of Wing Commander, Syndicate and Ultima but it's still great.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
FlyinJ said:
There was a SNES version of Ultima 7? And console versions of Syndicate?

Anyhow, I'm definately buying this. Golden age of EA.
Syndicate was definitely available for the Sega Genesis. It was enjoyable, but no way the same thing as the original game. I don't know about the 3DO version.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Holy shit wow, and from EA? I'm surprised...

There are some of my Amiga favorites there.

MightyHedgehog said:
Damn, they're getting some mileage out that Genny emulator. Good list of games, though where is Urban Strike?
Wait a sec, what Genny emulator? Is EA doing more stuff like this, are these all Genesis emulated games, and how do you know that?

arne

Mejilan said:
SNES Ultima 7 and Wing Commanders were beyond awful.

Wait what? I didn't know about that.
ok, drool is postponed until further clarification.

pc versions plz.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Hey, now, what's up with that genny emulator crap? Because some of those games were downright mediocre on the Genesis.

Mejilan

arne said:
Wait what? I didn't know about that.
ok, drool is postponed until further clarification.

pc versions plz.

I own the PC versions of course, but when I was a kid, and couldn't afford a computer, I wound up buying BOTH SNES Wing Commanders (Wing Commander and Wing Commander: Secret Missions) as well as renting the SNES version of U7 (which, IIRC, was just called Ultima: The Black Gate). Awful.

Danger Will Robinson. Seriously.

stewy

Even if they're the ganked versions of Wing Commander and Ultima, there's too much greatness elsewhere on that list to pass up this collection.

Somebody start using a god-damned Genny emulator like this on XBLA please!

Foil

Lambtron said:
Holy shit MINE.

I wish it had Skitchin' and Mutant League Hockey, but that's still pretty damn good.

I was just playing MLH last night. Still a great game. Too bad it's not on there.

Frenck

Banned
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6155767.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

Gamespot said:
The full list of games listed for the compilation is included below, along with their first release dates and systems. Given the difficulties inherent in porting a keyboard-and-mouse control scheme to PSP, it is likely that the compilation would feature shrunken-down versions of the games' console versions, so those are the dates and systems given below.

B.O.B.--1993--SNES and Genesis
Budokan--1990--Genesis
Desert Strike--1993--SNES and Genesis
Jungle Strike--1993--SNES and Genesis
Haunting Starring Polterguy--1993--Genesis
Mutant League Football--1993--Genesis
Road Rash--1992--Genesis, later on 3DO
Road Rash II--1993--Genesis
Road Rash III--1995--Genesis
Syndicate--1995--SNES, 3DO, Jaguar
Ultima: The Black Gate--1994--SNES
Virtual Pinball--1993--Genesis
Wing Commander--1993--SNES
Wing Commander: The Secret Missions--1993--SNES

It's still a great compilation.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
aku:jiki said:
And that's the title they use in the list, no VII in there. Emulator crap confirmed?
BOth the SNES and PC games have had the same name according to MobyGames:

http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q=ultima+black&x=0&y=0

Ultima VII: The Black Gate

But I guess it doesn't matter now :p

Also, both this game and Wing Commander: Secret Missions were only made for PC and SNES according to them, so where the Genesis talk comes from?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I can't imagine SNES version of Wing Commander being much worse than the Amiga version, and that version was pretty OK back then, at least I thought so.

Kuran

Banned
Why not put Ultima: Serpent Isle on it as well?

oh my GOD, if The Black Gate is a good good port that would be AWESOME!!!!!!

too bad that I'm used to playing Exult.. which has put many advancements and fixes into the quite broken Black Gate engine.. I wonder if EA has altered or improved these games in some way.. or at least fixed some of their problems..

what if... what about WIFI play? what if we'll be able to play Syndicate over WIFI?

I'd ****ing quit my job for this!!!!

Kuran

Banned
Just read that Syndicate, Wing Commander and Ultima will be SNES ports... that screams of wasted potential... such a shame... such a crying shame...

Mejilan

Let me reminisce on U7 SNES for a bit.

No party members. No real conversation trees. No sidequests. (All the dungeons, so plenty of exploration, at least). No reagents (learn spells at level up). No fun side-tasks, such as farming, baking bread, etc. In fact, the world isn't nearly as interactive. No Forge of Virtue (or Serpent Isle or Silver Seed, of course). No strategy to combat. It's just hack and slash. Missing lots of the themes and music. It's just a bare-bones ARPG missing everything that made the original so... classic. :/

stewy

Mejilan said:
Let me reminisce on U7 SNES for a bit.

No party members. No real conversation trees. No sidequests. (All the dungeons, so plenty of exploration, at least). No reagents (learn spells at level up). No fun side-tasks, such as farming, baking bread, etc. In fact, the world isn't nearly as interactive. No Forge of Virtue (or Serpent Isle or Silver Seed, of course). No strategy to combat. It's just hack and slash. Missing lots of the themes and music. It's just a bare-bones ARPG missing everything that made the original so... classic. :/

That sting will be deadened a bit by all three Genny Road Rash games and the first two Strike games.

I'll deal.

GeoramA

Shit yeah! The Strike games kicked so much ass back in the 16-bit era. I hope they give us Urban, Soviet, and Nuclear down the road.

I hope it's the PC Wing Commander although I wonder how it would control. Anyway, at least it proves EA hasn't forgotten they own Wing Commander. Bring it back EA, you know you want to.

Top Bottom