• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Polizei armor looks really dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

way more

LOL, I'm supposed to be intimidated by that? Sorry police, you need to look scary and cruel or else I will continue my stupid protest about human rights.

Don't even try to look non-threatening or passive or else we will make fun of you and smash you during riots. Idiots.

Dali

Doesn't help that they either got two oompa loomps to demonstrate or decided to have a giant be the presenter.

I know he's probably on a lecture

Opto

Banned
I don't think it's supposed to be riot armor. Looks more like protection when there's an active shooter

Reminds me of Space Balls Darth Helmet.

latest

Lol This made me laugh so hard.

Xando

I don't think it's supposed to be riot armor. Looks more like protection when there's an active shooter

Nah, German SWAT (which is activated when there is a shooter situation) looks like this:
2013_0085_01.jpg

Regular police only puts on vests when there is a shooter

The guys in the OP look like bavarian riot police

ridiculous

Please tell me these are from the german polizei and not from ours.
otherwise the constant laughing will interrupt my rioting in the streets badly

Opto

Banned
Nah, German SWAT (which is activated when there is a shooter situation) looks like this:
2013_0085_01.jpg

Maybe the image in the OP is displaying a supplement to the vests for that incident?

Xando

Maybe the image in the OP is displaying a supplement to the vests for that incident?

Dunno how it is in Bavaria (i live in northern germany) but regular police usually wear their uniform and put on vests when there is a active situation it looks like this:

104de38ead.jpg

The overalls the guys in the OP are wearing usually are only used by riot police (atleast here in hamburg).

2013_0085_01.jpg

The guy on the left's junk is getting severely strangled in that pic.

If they decided to go all-out on protection, why the hell is the face completely uncovered?

Seems like a bad design to me. To heavy for casual wear, and unprotected face for violent situations.

Fliesen

i don't think looks matter all that much.

As another poster has pointed out - if this is some kind of bullet / stab proof "poncho" that is one-size-fits-all and put on within seconds because it's fastened with velcro straps, that sounds extremely practical and efficient to me.

this is clearly not riot or swat gear

Alx

I must admit I chuckled.
I'm sure it's very effective (it's German after all :p ), but they should have copied the armors from their neighbours that make riot police look like Robocop. I'm sure some of our policemen are wearing them just for the swag. ^^

Hektor

way more

2013_0085_01.jpg

So agressive and intimidating. Even in a active shooter situation should law enforcement really dress in such a provocative way? I'm concerned that it might make the belligerents of the opposite side want to engage in confrontation instead of negotiation.

Jackpot

Banned
The UK's equivalent:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/02568/01_18232550_89c03a_2568352a.jpg[/im]

Looks a bit scary. No one knew they existed really until after Paris.
(I especially like, 'multi-function watch')

Source (brace for sensationalist bollocks): [url]http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/6751381/the-new-face-of-policing-in-terror-threatened-Britain.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Huh, didn't know we employed the SG516.

Danish Frogmen got that Metal-Gear-Shinkawa look.

Taiwans army uniform - They look super cool, but isn't their field of vision totally compromised? I would imagine you would have a lot less visible FOV.
Secondly- Isn't their breathing restricted with these masks? I wear a mouthpiece and that is enough to make me gassed. I can't imagine running with heavy gear, weapon, and then a iron cast mask that restricts airflow to nose and mouth.

xenist

Taiwans army uniform - They look super cool, but isn't their field of vision totally compromised? I would imagine you would have a lot less visible FOV.
Secondly- Isn't their breathing restricted with these masks? I wear a mouthpiece and that is enough to make me gassed. I can't imagine running with heavy gear, weapon, and then a iron cast mask that restricts airflow to nose and mouth.

These masks are the dumbest thing. You'd have to be whipping your head around like a damn bird in order to have control of your surroundings. I'd rather have the dorky German helmet.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Can't wait until everything in call of duty looks like these dark helmet replicas.

Nivash

Looks perfectly functional to me. They're wearing soft body armor underneath the "poncho" and it looks like the helmet has notches for putting on a plexiglass face shield. Should work great as riot gear, you're dealing things like rocks any bottles in those cases, not bullets. The ear flaps mighty even give you better protection against something like a molotov than a normal helmet because it would keep the flames away from your face like and umbrella, same thing for glass fragments.

The goofy look isn't bad either if you subscribe to the school of riot control that emphasises humanising the police to avoid escalations. Much better in that respect than the "literal-enemies-from-CoD" look a lot of police forces seem to gravitate towards these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom