• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shaq Fu 2 Electric Boogaloo reveal teased for The Game Awards

Warxard

Banned
@SHAQ: I'm heading to @thegameawards on Thursday in LA, have a little Shaq Fu surprise for you videogame fan.

https://twitter.com/SHAQ

For those not in the know,
6HDtQfw.png
had an IGG last year for a sequel to Shaq Fu called Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn. Guess it's time to show the game off now.

As for the state of the game:

So we are now approaching the end of vertical slice stage where we produce one level at full quality. The gameplay is working, the artwork is in and it looks and feels fantastic! There's a lot more to do now as we move into full production stage. We'll be designing and building all the other levels and characters, as well as the music and cinematic content. This is where it gets exciting for many of our backers. Very soon, we're going to start working with our composers, voice over and motion capture artists to get all those incredible performances into the game. You'll be hearing from us over the next couple of months so start gearing up!

I know it's been a long wait to get this far and we're all really grateful for your patience and commitment. More soon!

From here. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/shaq-fu-a-legend-reborn#/updates

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
I still remember my excitement of unwrapping the Genesis version of Shaq Fu and then the disappointment of actually playing ShaqFu.

I'm pretty sure it came with the Shaq Diesel single too - which is an amazing song.

antitrop

I hope this game is actually awesome, Shaq deserves his due after all these years of being a running gaming joke.

KevinCow

Banned
I'm honestly surprised that so many people liked that game.
And happy for you that you're getting this.

But still surprised.

Oh, I didn't like Shaq Fu. It's a terrible game. That's not why I backed this one. I just found the idea of a beat-'em-up starring Shaq hilarious.

Teknoman

You know what...if it turned out to be a parody character action game with various b ball power ups and dunk supers mix with a cool hip hop/electronic soundtrack...i'd play it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
They better either have kept the original theme or did a remix of it. Otherwise I'll be so disappointed.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Surprise Barkley 2 announcement as well?

What happened to Barkley 2?

Top Bottom