• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turok Remaster by Night Dive Studios

DryvBy

I didn't see this but I might be blind.

I'm going to add, these are the System Shock guys that brought those games to Steam.

https://www.facebook.com/NightDiveStudios/

12308841_664776990331058_8089573294252853595_n.jpg

12308693_664776983664392_1474625059756923324_n.jpg

12308841_664776986997725_642389217424123765_n.jpg

Looks ugly. Just like I remember.

BONUS! Avatar for GAF!
MCzSSfB.jpg

KaYotiX

Banned
Yeah thats Turok all right, man have we come along way.

I remember loving the hell out of that game and my parents taking it away when my grades got low :p

Fog definitely looks improved. It was horribly confusing to play back in the day. I imagine it'll be quite a bit easier now, though I wonder how many design elements will break if the fog was almost nonexistent.

I can already fortell how people will react to these remasters : everyone play turok 1 and enjoy it, and then try turok 2 and be like

"Oh. Oh dear god."

I can already fortell how people will react to these remasters : everyone play turok 1 and enjoy it, and then try turok 2 and be like

"Oh. Oh dear god."

Hopefully this remaster fixes the glaring problem with the original turok port on PC. It was missing the best part.

Oreoleo

I'll buy it. Now do Seeds of Evil please.
http://www.pcgamer.com/turok-dinosaur-hunter-remasters-are-in-the-works/

It's in the pipeline.

Really not sure Turok's gameplay (that jumping!) can really hold up today, but I'll wait and see.
I just played Turok 1 a few months ago, the platforming is really painful. You basically have to pull up the top-down map and focus on that to get a good idea of where you are in relation to those itty bitty platforms.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Turok 2 was amazing...loved getting the nuke and just blasting the fuck out of everything in sight

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Id rather a complete Halo Anniversary style remake of this game. Would love it. Use the engine Bish's crew made if need be. Or did they use an existing engine?

I remember this was announced a while back, think this might be the first screenshots. Yeah, I suppose its not going to hurt anyone to bring these back out. Not sure if I'll bite.

mclem

I just played Turok 1 a few months ago, the platforming is really painful. You basically have to pull up the top-down map and focus on that to get a good idea of where you are in relation to those itty bitty platforms.

Yeah, that's pretty much as I remembered it from playing it aeons ago, then. Still, they don't have to have it control as-is; taking some leaves from Metroid Prime's jumping could do it a world of good.

Lebon14

This is awesome! I loved the first two games on the N64. I'll put 'em on my Steam wishlist when they're out.

LOL @ fog & RAM Expension Paks jokes.

Top Bottom