• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lunar & Grandia may be coming to Steam

Wow, that's big news. These are some classic RPGs. Guess Grandia II must've been a successful release for Working Designs!

Question is will Lunar be the Sega CD versions or the PS1 "complete" versions?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Everything on steam is my dream scenario

Eusis

I wonder which Lunar is it.
Dragon Song.

. . . I hope they manage to get BOTH Sega CD and Saturn/PS1 versions up. Preferably some sort of ideal version taking the best from both Saturn and PS1 for each Lunar. And going beyond just that, in the event they have higher quality videos laying around (Silver Star Harmony seems to suggest this is the case for at least Silver Star Story, and EBC's were kind of lame looking stylistically anyway.)

Vice

Looks like i'm buying both for like the sixth time.I wonder if Lunar 2 will ever come out on a current platform.

Orayn

I'd have to guess Lunar would be based on the most recently ported version of the game, so... Silver Star Harmony on PSP? Don't know how that one is regarded.

Eusis

I'm confused. Isn't working designs dead and gone?
Dead, gone, had nothing to do with any Grandia release (1 came via SCEA, 2 via Ubisoft, Xtreme via Enix of America, 3 after WD and through SE.) Gaijin Works is de facto WD reborn but they aren't involved seriously with GungHo last I checked.

gelf

Nice, I've always wanted to play Grandia 1. Wonder if it'll be based on the Saturn or PS version or a mix of the two

Welp, I'm buying whatever comes out of this. Well, unless it's Grandia 3. I hope they have plans for Lunar 2 in there somewhere. Probably my favorite JRPG of all time, and not having any modern place to point to when I try to convince people to play it sucks.

bede-x

The first Grandia is such a great game. I'd love to rebuy it on Gog or Steam. Not the biggest Lunar fan, but I'll support it regardless.

CDX

Hope it's the Sega CD "Lunar: The Silver Star" ...or eventually both PSX and SCD versions are released.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hopefully based on the Saturn versions... and hopefully, Grandia is retranslated.

I'll be over the fucking moon if this comes true.

The Grandia dub was... interesting. A Japanese audio option would be nice, especially since it had Wakamoto in it.

Probably not going to happen though.

Dragon Song.

. . . I hope they manage to get BOTH Sega CD and Saturn/PS1 versions up. Preferably some sort of ideal version taking the best from both Saturn and PS1 for each Lunar. And going beyond just that, in the event they have higher quality videos laying around (Silver Star Harmony seems to suggest this is the case for at least Silver Star Story, and EBC's were kind of lame looking stylistically anyway.)

Oh, neat!

Yeah, I hope this time modders don't have to do anything with the games. But they seem serious with these ports, as we can see from Grandia 2. They didn't stop at releasing the game, they still tinker with the game and release patches to improve it.

StereoVsn

I really hope that this is Lunar 2 Eternal Blue as well since at least we got iOS and PSP ports (If imperfect ones) for Lunar 1. I also hope these are the Complete PS1 versions (Saturn improvements would be awesome but very unlikely).

Edit: Day 1 in any case. These are some of my favorite RPGs of all time so yeah.

Syril

Will they be using the Saturn version of Grandia I wonder? I hope it loads faster than the PS1 verison did. If they add the same enhancements they did with Grandia II where they added dual audio and hard mode I'm interested.

Orayn

Wait, I didn't realize they had Silver Star Story on iOS. That's probably where the game's guts would come from, just without the touch interface.

I'm still waiting for this.
Magic_Knight_Rayearth_Coverart.png

It's not going to happen, I know

DarkCloud

For the love of all things holy port Lunar 2. Lunar 1 has had it's time to shine many times in the past while 2 has been left to forever stagnate on the PS1. I mean ideally they'd do both to have the whole story, but most often they just do 1 and then move on due to low sales.

And if you're going to do Grandia 1 you might as well go all the way and do 3 and maybe Xtreme as well. Just get the whole series for both on steam...good and bad.

I really hope it's the PS1 version so that if they do decide to bring Lunar 2, at least things will be consistent.

But I'm happy regardless. :)

Top Bottom