• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lunar & Grandia may be coming to Steam

Banned
What are you doing? I'm It's like you knew I no longer have any PlayStation console so you're putting all your jrpgs on PC. I think I'm falling for you again.

Jarnet87

Never played Grandia, I assume this is a port of the terribly translated Playstation version?

Will buy it as well as Lunar.

I know it's asking too much, but man would I love it to be the Sega CD versions. I have the PS1 titles right here and I haven't been able to play the Sega CD ones since '97 or so.

Never played Grandia, I assume this is a port of the terribly translated Playstation version?

Will buy it as well as Lunar.
Grandia wasn't terribly translated. Some of the voice acting was a bit iffy such as the battle quips and a few characters but overall the character dialog text and npc dialog was full of charm and read nicely. Nothing like Wild Arms 2 or anything of that level of trashiness. I didn't think it was bad at all.

Eusis

Would be nice if it were tweaked a bit, at a minimum the censorship undone. Kids going to a cafe that specializes in coffee isn't scandalous at all, especially in this day and age of taking kids to Starbucks for frappucinos, and Grandia doesn't have the strange, surreal angle to it that Earthbound does.

Please god, not the garbage PSP version of Lunar.

Please please be the PSX version.

But I'll settle gladly for the Sega CD one.

Ghaleon is still one of my favorite villains of all time.

Paltheos

My greatest regret is that I've already played Grandia and both Lunars (PSX versions), so I cannot come to them new. I was very satisfied by Gungho's Grandia II release and the support they provided. I'll tell you this - If we were to get hard modes like on Grandia II, I'm sure as hell double dipping. No question. Instantly.

Also like to echo that... maybe everyone should play Grandia. GameArts is a fantastic company that put so much love into their RPGs, and Grandia may be representative of them at their peak. If you want an adventure, play Grandia. Play any of their games really, but Grandia I think is the best. *cue discussion on what the best GameArts title is*

My greatest regret is that I've already played Grandia and both Lunars (PSX versions), so I cannot come to them new. I was very satisfied by Gungho's Grandia II release and the support they provided. I'll tell you this - If we were to get hard modes like on Grandia II, I'm sure as hell double dipping. No question. Instantly.

Also like to echo that... maybe everyone should play Grandia. GameArts is a fantastic company that put so much love into their RPGs, and Grandia may be representative of them at their peak. If you want an adventure, play Grandia. Play any of their games really, but Grandia I think is the best. *cue discussion on what the best GameArts title is*
You know, I played Grandia II on Dreamcast and absolutely loved it. A top RPG of mine. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to Grandia I.

Eusis

I'll always have a soft spot for Lunar, but Grandia does possibly epitomize the best traits of their peak years (great combat system, endearing adventure story.) The field/dungeon "music" is trash though compared to Lunar and Grandia II.

Would love to get Sega CD based Eternal Blue and Saturn based Silver Star Story, although I'll buy any version of Lunar that comes out.

I've always meant to play Grandia and this would give me a very convenient way to rectify that.

I'll always have a soft spot for Lunar, but Grandia does possibly epitomize the best traits of their peak years (great combat system, endearing adventure story.) The field/dungeon "music" is trash though compared to Lunar and Grandia II.

Dom Ruins music is good spice! I will not have it maligned!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The tag wasn't there then.
Oh, haha. Guess it was just in the profile.

Anyway, not to be mean towards the Gungho folks, but people are saying the PSP version of Lunar was bad (I have played none of the versions so I don't know if that's true, however), so uh... do we really want them to handle this? >_>

Eusis

Dom Ruins music is good spice! I will not have it maligned!
Still just sounds like noise, albeit at least that can add to the mystery of an area rather than whateverthefuck the other 90% of those tracks are.
loooool
read the tags bro
I think the second one was just "Junior Member" at the time actually, so it's a mistake that DOES make sense without further investigating.
Twist is that it really is a fellow employee being an asshole to a co-worker.

Oh, haha. Guess it was just in the profile.

Anyway, not to be mean towards the Gungho folks, but people are saying the PSP version of Lunar was bad, so uh... do we really want them to handle this? >_>

Well we don't know what version they are potentially bringing. They presumably own the rights to earlier versions too.

irriadin

I had no idea the PSP version of Lunar was a bad port. I was planning on playing it soon on my Vita... guess I'll wait and see what comes of this thread.

Damn with all these Steam leaks.

201110240000000d2e65773d8ba4149c774e65a7fe63b0.jpg

Just spray it all in my face

Eusis

I had no idea the PSP version of Lunar was a bad port. I was planning on playing it soon on my Vita... guess I'll wait and see what comes of this thread.
You could do worse as I recall, the GBA version was received pretty badly. But the opening bit added is unnecessary and kind of lame really, nevermind it spoils a twist (arguably two actually I think) so it's more for series veterans anyway.

It's not the worst Lunar Silver Star port so if you are new to the series, you might actually enjoy it, flaws and all. The rest of us who played the previous iterations hate the PSP port.

Aru

Why are ya'll hating on silver star harmony? Finished it years ago and it was pretty good.

Silver Star Harmony is the only Lunar game I've ever played. It is surely good, but a bit on the easy side. It's one of the weakest JRPGs I played on PSP though.

Stuart444

I feel like Grandia's VA gets better as you proceed through the game. The start of the game is a bit iffy but later on after getting Feena, it improves imo.

Can't comment on the translation accuracy or anything but I enjoyed it a lot!

I feel like Grandia's VA gets better as you proceed through the game. The start of the game is a bit iffy but later on after getting Feena, it improves imo.

Can't comment on the translation accuracy or anything but I enjoyed it a lot!

Yeah, I remember that I kinda hate the first few hours of Grandia. But I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the game.

Stuart444

Yeah, I remember that I kinda hate the first few hours of Grandia. But I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the game.

I meant VA wise. I did enjoy the first few hours somewhat but I admit, on subsequent playthroughs, it's pretty annoying doing it all again. So slow going during the first hour or so :( My favourite part of the first few hours is that ruin with those
3 girls. Forget the names but yeah.

But later on is a lot more fun yeah. Though I do miss
Gadwin when he leaves. One of my favourite non-perma characters.
(mid-way game spoilers? It was near the end of disc 1 on PS1 so I think it's around mid-way lol)

I meant VA wise. I did enjoy the first few hours somewhat but I admit, on subsequent playthroughs, it's pretty annoying doing it all again. So slow going during the first hour or so :( My favourite part of the first few hours is that ruin with those
3 girls. Forget the names but yeah.

But later on is a lot more fun yeah. Though I do miss
Gadwin when he leaves. One of my favourite non-perma characters.
(mid-way game spoilers? It was near the end of disc 1 on PS1 so I think it's around mid-way lol)

I don't quite remember how the VAs was after all these years lol.
I'm excited to replay this later.

Top Bottom