• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Ploid 3.0

Had a pretty funny moment. My nephew was over and saw my desktop with the Blade & Soul icon, he wanted to know what it was so I loaded it up. I was telling him how the class (summoner) had a toy cat as a summon, "Like Bleach?" he said. So I put the character in dance mode then all of a sudden he started laughing, I thought it was the dance. "Believe it," he's a Naruto fan, he thought I put that there. I acted like it was embarrassing and that I was a undercover Naruto fan. "No uh, that's uh, see there's a gaming site with the slogan Believe, yeah. So there's a main guild and I'm in the second guild named Be... ok that's not even a good lie." I then showed him the run animations and the floating, which kinda look like Naruto.

85prkJD.jpg

Aw. New Daily Dash will run for 8 weeks according to those notes linked above :(

40 on my Summoner now. If it stays that much fun at max level it will be my new main.

So much more fun than FM and I dont have to destroy my mouse buttons either.

The race stopped me from rolling one earlier but I kind of got used to it and now I think they are adorable. What is wrong with me :(

I kinda got used to mine but I still don't like the seemingly borrowed animations from the female version (auto attack with the school girl like leg bend at the end). I made mine as tall as possible

Quicknock

Banned
Every class does the rest are skill changes.

Rip my destro :(

But hey lets buff scummoners.
Nothing wrong with destros. Still really strong after the patch.

Summoners aren't that strong in high-level play. They might have massive healing but their damage output is not that great (especially if they can never land the cat on you). It's too easy to stall them out and win through timeout.

Can you leave a crafting guild and join another if you joined by mistake? I thought it was another quest at first...
Yes. Also, you can have two crafting guilds and two gathering guilds, if you didn't know. Just know that leaving a guild means resetting all progress (though if you're asking this question you probably haven't done anything with it yet).

Price of Poharan perfume continues to rise in EU from 12S in the early morning to 27S right now. I foresee the price will continue to rise so if you need perfume i would buy now before price goes up even more i already have 431 i think i need 200 something for a complete upgrade to true pirate with everything.

Quick question for KFM's, I'm assuming it's better to get to level 4 of Searing Palm as soon as possible?

As in, there's no benefit to wait out the duration of each level before moving to the next one?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Quick question for KFM's, I'm assuming it's better to get to level 4 of Searing Palm as soon as possible?

As in, there's no benefit to wait out the duration of each level before moving to the next one?

I try to get there asap, as nothing sucks more than getting interrupted or missing your window and having to wait until the cooldown refreshes.

Is it more likely for soulstones to raise in price after tonight's patch before eventually plateauing at a even cheaper rate then they are sold at now, or are we thinking they'll be cheaper immediately with the limitless access to pouches via zen beans?

I'm thinking the former..contemplating blowing all my gold on soulstones right now and selling after the patch

SDBurton

Is it more likely for soulstones to raise in price after tonight's patch before eventually plateauing at a even cheaper rate then they are sold at now, or are we thinking they'll be cheaper immediately with the limitless access to pouches via zen beans?

I'm thinking the former..contemplating blowing all my gold on soulstones right now and selling after the patch

I feel the soulstone prices are going to plummet after the patch. Similar to Moonwater Transformation Stones, the more people who have access to them, the cheaper they'll be as they'll undercut one another in order to make a quick profit. When only a few had the ability to make the stones they were going for 15G a pop. Now with more people getting the recipes and making their own the price is currently at 4G and 20 silver. :lol

I did a run of Blackram Narrows with a level 45 and when we got to the boss he said "Lol okay have fun kids" and left in what I'm guessing was supposed to be trolling because he didn't really kill anything and he didn't take any items... But there were five of us left, all 22+ so it was just like
ThdznmN.png

NeOak

I did a run of Blackram Narrows with a level 45 and when we got to the boss he said "Lol okay have fun kids" and left in what I'm guessing was supposed to be trolling because he didn't really kill anything and he didn't take any items... But there were five of us left, all 22+ so it was just like
ThdznmN.png

Not like the 5 of you couldn't kill the boss anyway lol

Level equals age I guess. :eek:

cHinzo

Just down with my dailies, before the servers went down. Can just enjoy running the new dungeons after the maintenance. :D

Sölf

Finished Poh-24 and the Big 4. Didn't bother with anything else. Will do the new dungeon and "raid" with others in the evening and depending on how much we suck I will also try out Mushin's Tower and finish up my PvP dailies (and Poh-6).

Chariot

Poh 24, Big Four and most of the Misty Woods PVP dailies I hope I can wrap Hongmoon Levle quests, Nightshade Harbour and Mushin up in two hours to finish the PVP dailies.

Kyne

after killing pinchy 200 times without any of the adornments my girlfriend is not very pleased with this game..

Eridani

Does anyone with experience from other versions know how good your gear needs to be for Mushin's Tower? It sounds pretty cool to me so I'd like to try it out as soon as possible, but my gear is pretty bad at the moment (Profane Jiangshi soul shield and Profane weapon).

Are you switching your main to BM?

Na I don't think so, but at this point I don't really have a "main" either, all my 3 chars are geared the same, with the exception of my summoner having garbage gems cause too OP so whatever and my KFM having a 25attackpower gem because I got one from crafting. Next one I get I'm giving to my BM though.

It's just, I don't feel as bad playing the BM as I did before. I think big change was getting some better gear/soulshield for more crit chance and specing into Lunar Slash T3F1 for added focus regen in draw stance+large damage. Oh and upgrading to Profane+ weapon, that made a huge difference, the Profane focus buff is SO GOOD because it lasts 10secs which generally means you can stay in draw stance for 10secs spamming ani cancels and the damage is outrageous when you get to do that. Honestly even with buffed focus I'm not sure I want to upgrade to true pirate on BM due to how strong the focus regen is over getting 10focus at once.

Still need a stupid amount of skill points to get everything I want though. Like 5additional skillpoints isn't even nearly enough, because it doesn't even cover the cost of getting Lightning Draw hongmoon skill, and I need points in other stuff too. I'm pretty sure I'm dropping LMB Breeze since I don't end up using it all that much to free up 4points to put into other stuff. That said, since I won't be getting the hongmoon skill for a while most likely, I'm fine when the patch hits.

Also will probably unlock hongmoon BM skill over KFM one, because KFM is pretty poop. And summoner is like even worse, so definitely not getting that one.

Does anyone with experience from other versions know how good your gear needs to be for Mushin's Tower? It sounds pretty cool to me so I'd like to try it out as soon as possible, but my gear is pretty bad at the moment (Profane Jiangshi soul shield and Profane weapon).

True Profane weapon, Infernal accessories, poharan or moonwater valor soul shield(or better obv) is what I've heard. You'd definitely need to replace your soul shield first, unless you're a summoner then whatever.

Chariot

True Profane weapon should be fine, might wanna upgrade the SS though.

Eridani

True Profane weapon, Infernal accessories, poharan or moonwater valor soul shield(or better obv) is what I've heard. You'd definitely need to replace your soul shield first, unless you're a summoner then whatever.
True Profane weapon should be fine, might wanna upgrade the SS though.

Thanks, I figured as much. I only just hit 45 yesterday so there is obviously a lot of things I still need to do, but at least I know what to aim for now. Also I wish my weapon was true profane, but it's currently just awakened, so i still have a long way to go.

I rly hope all of you bought atleast a decent amount Poharan perfume to upgrade to atleast Siren lvl. Because the price will continue to rise as demand increases and supply decreases.

Im gonna see how much of a profit i can make on the 300+ Poharan perfume i have left after upgrading everything to its highest lvl. Glad i kept my soulstones cause price certainly wont tank within the next 2 days, think it will actually increase because everyone will want to upgrade to atleast awakened Siren.

Thanks, I figured as much. I only just hit 45 yesterday so there is obviously a lot of things I still need to do, but at least I know what to aim for now. Also I wish my weapon was true profane, but it's currently just awakened, so i still have a long way to go.

Awakened profane is probably fine really, true profane is just the last tier before it gets REALLY expensive to upgrade. It shouldn't take you too long to get there or you can dump money on it, buy a bunch of cold iron offering blue weapons on the market, they cost like 2-4silvers each, add 10silver to use them to upgrade, you need like 10 to true profane and 12-15 to true profane 10.

SDBurton

So if I'm reading the patch notes right...

KFM got mad buffs and didn't even get the 3.0 searing palm nerf?

NEAT

I know right? I was expecting to see a nerf, instead we get elemental damage to some of our attacks and buffs to our searing palm activators and cooldown reducers. I might try the fire build in Mushin's tower and see how fast I can melt shit. :lol

I've gotten the hat x3 times and no actual costume... feelsbadman.

Anyone know what the drop rate of costumes are from dungeons?

I feel the costumes in the 6man dungeons are kinda common compared to the others? Like Tomb of Exiles costume stuff drops really often I feel.

Loginius

I rly hope all of you bought atleast a decent amount Poharan perfume to upgrade to atleast Siren lvl. Because the price will continue to rise as demand increases and supply decreases.

Im gonna see how much of a profit i can make on the 300+ Poharan perfume i have left after upgrading everything to its highest lvl. Glad i kept my soulstones cause price certainly wont tank within the next 2 days, think it will actually increase because everyone will want to upgrade to atleast awakened Siren.

but the price for soulstones already tanked before the patch?
it went from 34s when I sold mine to 24s. I understand we can now get soulstones without a cap from beans so that is to be expected.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Bboy got me convinced Moonwater Trans Stone prices aren't going anywhere. Guess I'll buy soon to upgrade. lol

Quicknock

Banned
So if I'm reading the patch notes right...

KFM got mad buffs and didn't even get the 3.0 searing palm nerf?

NEAT
People keep saying this and it drives Jaesung nuts.

It's NOT a nerf. It's just a change. And it's probably in there and just omitted from the patch notes.

Starting with Awakened Siren you're better of transmuting elements.
Not sure about that. At 5 soulstones per element (plus 50 silver), it's certainly questionable whether or not it's actually cost-effective. Drop in 15 blue weapons or 1 element... hmm. Haven't tried making an element yet, admittedly, so I don't know how good the progress is from one.

Top Bottom