• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Pejo

So I made an Assassin, Force Master, and Kung Fu Master this weekend, and I'm having a really hard time figuring out which one I'll be maining. I seem to have the least downtime with the Force Master, so probably that. I will be on tonight after 5PM PST if I could get a guild invite to the overflow guild.

Character Name: Pejo
Server: Mushin
Faction: Cerulean

I have so many questions about this game, even after putting a bunch of hours in the betas and this past weekend. I grouped up with someone my exact same level that was 1-2 shotting same level mobs in dungeons. I checked his gear and he had a +10 hongmoon weapon, but it's just crazy to me that a few enhance levels could make that big of a difference. Also, he was able to open those treasure chests at the end of instances that I have no idea how to open, but he didn't chat at all so I have no idea how he did it. Is there a special secret to opening those? I thought the only dungeon loot was the little box that most of the bosses drop.

Also, how the hell do you get any amount of money? I can't even afford repair tools, and I've been selling nearly every drop I get at the vendor (usually for 1 copper -_-). I definitely see why there's so much RMT spam in this game.

They give you no money the entire first act of the game. You'll notice a lot more income midway through act 2 and it only gets higher.

The prices for items in the shop start to make a little sense when you are near/at max level.

Early levels buying keys/charms/repair tools in teh shop is way too much money. Later on it's not so bad once the gold starts rolling in from dailies and other quests.

Jayhawk

Anyways BDO has nothing you want based on the claim you made in this post about what you want in games.

The nodes and expanded economy in BDO present multiple gameplay options outside of combat and the guild system provides a framework for coordinated group play. I expect to split my time between four MMOs the next month.

Ricker

Orb of wind? Blade Dancer? You need 3 which gives your F rolling typhon

Mmmm...Blade Dancer yes,level 18 but I have no idea what you mean by 3(unless you mean adding 3 points in it)...I will check in game next time to try and explain what I mean...now that I completed chapter 17,I can activate a whole bunch of skills,when you hit K,I am pretty sure one of them is called orb of wind,way down the list...also I didnt know about hitting L to see your professions/crafting so this might help my problem lol...

Doing Blackwyrm and Hearthstone dailys at the same time.

18682-arrested-development-ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

frozencool

Neo Member
Tried inviting you but it seemed you already logged off.

================================

Haven't been on much today due to dealing with a cold. Feel so shitty right now. :lol

Sorry about that, had to head off early ;-;

I also started a KFM named CeeKyuSi I play occassionally but I also just logged on now while watching you guys, I haven't even touched PvP cause I just have an aversion to it beyond the faction dailies but I gotta admit it's hype enough to make me want to dabble in it. Too bad about that last group though, Blooddragon and those guys kinda... just god damn that was a dominant performance lol. I believe you're Jolyne in game right? I sent a friend request but still I'll try to stay in game as long as I can tonight.

Zand

Neo Member
But I think it is because the design of the game lets you just rush in and out. There is no teamwork, and that's the design of the PvE content its self. It could also be because there is no Trinity, so it's an all out brawl not really needing to work together as much as if you needed a healer, tank, DPS like you would in FFXIV or other Theme Park MMO.

You have no idea whats coming. If you go into the harder content with an attitude that you don't need to work together, you'll never succeed.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Mmmm...Blade Dancer yes,level 18 but I have no idea what you mean by 3(unless you mean adding 3 points in it)...I will check in game next time to try and explain what I mean...now that I completed chapter 17,I can activate a whole bunch of skills,when you hit K,I am pretty sure one of them is called orb of wind,way down the list...also I didnt know about hitting L to see your professions/crafting so this might help my problem lol...

Each time you crit with sunder you gain a wind orb, when you have 3 wind orbs you unlock the ability to use typhoon

Zand

Neo Member

When you crit with Sunder (right mouse button), you will generate 1 wind orb, when you have 3 wind orbs up, this will allow you to spend them by using a skill called Typhoon (which you need to press F or Tab (not really sure)).

Yea, crafting is pretty easy to do, just super annoying in the time it takes to craft/gather the higher end stuff. Basically just send in a request for what you want, then a loooooong time later it finishes. You'll be notified when its done, and have the option to redo what you just did. No need to visit any npc (you CAN if you really want too, but...no).

Pejo

So I made an Assassin, Force Master, and Kung Fu Master this weekend, and I'm having a really hard time figuring out which one I'll be maining. I seem to have the least downtime with the Force Master, so probably that. I will be on tonight after 5PM PST if I could get a guild invite to the overflow guild.

Character Name: Pejo
Server: Mushin
Faction: Cerulean

Quoting myself to hopefully get an invite to the guild. I'll be on for an hour or two. Thanks!

Nexon sold off all their stock on NCSoft in the last year or so due to being unable to work well with NCSoft.

NCSOFT wasn't interested in Nexon's hostile takeover intentions and fought hard to prevent it. I don't know that Nexon really realized how much enmity there was inside NCSOFT for Nexon.

arimanius

So there's a quest in the necroplis where you have to stab skeletons with a spear and they turn green(non attackable) and disappear. I had one grabbed with my destroyer(Since there's also a kill quest for them too) and was punching it in the face and a guy came along and threw his spear at it turning it green making me not getting the kill credit.

He did this twice. So many assholes.

So there's a quest in the necroplis where you have to stab skeletons with a spear and they turn green(non attackable) and disappear. I had one grabbed with my destroyer(Since there's also a kill quest for them too) and was punching it in the face and a guy came along and threw his spear at it turning it green making me not getting the kill credit.

He did this twice. So many assholes.

Yeah well it's kinda bad design too, these 2 quests. Especially since one is a daily, so you often have people throwing sticks at skeletons to get it done, so people leveling in the area trying to get the kills are often losing kills to it. Luckily the kill quest is only once.

Just curious has anyone gotten any type of venture tokens other than that spot on the daily dash board.

I got 2 greens and there's only one on the board it seems so must have gotten one from something. But yeah super uncommon. They aren't supposed to be common, but you're supposed to get some from the daily dash but we get a shitty version that doesn't reset so yeah...

frozencool

Neo Member
Just curious has anyone gotten any type of venture tokens other than that spot on the daily dash board.

Three times.

I've looked through the reddit and I am a MASSIVE ANOMALY though. There are people who have gotten even more, but are even more rare. There's a unicorn of a player who apparently has gotten nine tokens. Also I am suspicious that when turning the tokens into hongmoon coins, I'm pretty sure that premium service benefit that gives more hongmoon coins when you transmute them also biases them towards the max amount when you have premium and nearly nothing when you don't.

Additionally if there are any endgame assassin players here, how exactly do you guys not get frustrated trying to farm the Terrors and Blackwrym? Every single tiny blow take you to 10% health at minimum giving you nearly no time to deal damage. I also just have trouble with balancing my defensive skills with being in stealth since I want my Decoy for blockable attacks but don't have it in stealth, but I don't wanna blow my sidestep or backdash because those are important skills for unblockable attacks :/

Oh man, got that Poh 4 clear just in the nick of time before Bloodshade Harbor drops. Nothing like clearing it last minute, reminds me of my FFXIV days.

Props to SDB for being a really awesome KFM. Shout out to Sumie and Saff who were very patient with me while I figured out how not to blow up from Chef's fucking bullshit timebombs.

Hoplatee

Is FM the only class that can protect party members for 3 seconds of protection vs damage? There is always some relief in the party when I do 6 man Fleet Supply.

I recall Assassins also being able to do something but I might be wrong?

After so many weeks I still know so little about (most) other classes heh.

Is FM the only class that can protect party members for 3 seconds of protection vs damage? There is always some relief in the party when I do 6 man Fleet Supply.

I recall Assassins also being able to do something but I might be wrong?

After so many weeks I still know so little about (most) other classes heh.

There's 4 classes that can do it, FM with Iceblock, Summoner with Enhanced Dandelion(but it only block 2 instances of damage, so for Slashimi it only blocks 2/3 of the hits), Assassins with Smoke Bomb variation but it only blocks one hit and has a very tight window to hit(.5secs) and Blademaster with the Hongmoon version of Block form 3, which requires lvl 50 so not in the game yet but is basically the best version of all those skills.

I don't think anyone else can provide blocking for the whole group for non targetted stuff like that, although I don't know much about the new FM/KFM class thing. Warlock can't afaik, they can reduce damage/heal/grant immunity to status effect but not entirely mitigate damage.

yaffi

Sölf;194640725 said:
Well, our Poharan-4 run was not that great... xD
It was fun nontheless, but god.

It was 3/4 successful. It resulted in broken dreams and... weapons, mostly weapons.

Playing it a bit more, I think I'm liking BM more than I used to. I really dreaded doing daillies with it so I was just doing pvp ones but I've been taking her in poharan these past few days and getting used to it while changing my skill build and upgrading my gear to true profane 10/true infernal, and it's surprisingly not as shitty as I thought before. Damage is solid, especially when the profane buffs pops. Burst damage is crazy when Flock is up. The dodge iframes are smallers, but the dodges are a lot more responsive than on KFM and they have shorter cd. One thing that annoys me is Block is annoying, can't move with it and it somehow doesn't block everything the KFM one does.

Actually, Q/E dodges on BM have weird mechanics. Basically they're both the same skill and share a cd, which would suck in general, however when you're in Draw stance, you can always E, regardless of CD(it puts you back in normal stance). That means you can Q which puts you in draw stance, then E, then if you need a dodge you can enter draw stance with say lightning draw, then E right away again, then SS which puts you in draw, then E, then Q, then E, etc. You can actually chain a stupid amount of dodges if you want.

Definitely the character I'm looking forward the most next patch with Hongmoon Lightning Draw and more points to take more stuff. Also hopefully can get to 50+% crit with new soul shield, the class becomes amazing with high crit, can see that in poh24 when you have the crit buff stacked up decently high.

So, a friend insisted on that I should try this. All I can tell is that after the installation and creating a "whatever" character (ok on everything, just to get fast to the actual game) to see how it ran on my system, I was greeted with gold farmers spamming the chat immediately after logging to the world. One minute later I was uninstalling the game.

cHinzo

And nothing of value has been lost.

I mean if u don't even bother just simply blocking the 2 or 3 bots spamming the same stuff in the chat, which cost like a couple of seconds so u can try out the game, then yeah... :')

Has there been a maintenance announced yet for tomorrow's big patch? Gonna be interesting if they will use the same schedule as last week, which was perfect imo.

Playing it a bit more, I think I'm liking BM more than I used to. I really dreaded doing daillies with it so I was just doing pvp ones but I've been taking her in poharan these past few days and getting used to it while changing my skill build and upgrading my gear to true profane 10/true infernal, and it's surprisingly not as shitty as I thought before. Damage is solid, especially when the profane buffs pops. Burst damage is crazy when Flock is up. The dodge iframes are smallers, but the dodges are a lot more responsive than on KFM and they have shorter cd. One thing that annoys me is Block is annoying, can't move with it and it somehow doesn't block everything the KFM one does.

Actually, Q/E dodges on BM have weird mechanics. Basically they're both the same skill and share a cd, which would suck in general, however when you're in Draw stance, you can always E, regardless of CD(it puts you back in normal stance). That means you can Q which puts you in draw stance, then E, then if you need a dodge you can enter draw stance with say lightning draw, then E right away again, then SS which puts you in draw, then E, then Q, then E, etc. You can actually chain a stupid amount of dodges if you want.

Definitely the character I'm looking forward the most next patch with Hongmoon Lightning Draw and more points to take more stuff. Also hopefully can get to 50+% crit with new soul shield, the class becomes amazing with high crit, can see that in poh24 when you have the crit buff stacked up decently high.

Love it when u dodge and block every move a boss throws at u when playing BM. How do u unlock the Hongmoon Lightning Draw btw?

yaffi

So, a friend insisted on that I should try this. All I can tell is that after the installation and creating a "whatever" character (ok on everything, just to get fast to the actual game) to see how it ran on my system, I was greeted with gold farmers spamming the chat immediately after logging to the world. One minute later I was uninstalling the game.

It's actually only 1-2 gold farmers and you can block them quickly and have a spam free chat. Alternatively you could've switched to a different chat tab.

So yeah, you overreacted.

TheYanger

Thrilling story chap.
Riveting.
Hate to break i t to you, but of course there are gold sellers, just ignore them and move on.

Ayumi

Got this game on launch, but I got stuck in the character creation screen for hours.. couldn't decide on what to play! There are just way too many options. Any advice/suggestion for solo stuff? I like all sorts of roles, I guess, but maybe I'd like to try some tank/melee DPS.

P.S. The Discord invite in the OP has expired. ; w ;

cHinzo

Got this game on launch, but I got stuck in the character creation screen for hours.. couldn't decide on what to play! There are just way too many options. Any advice/suggestion for solo stuff? I like all sorts of roles, I guess, but maybe I'd like to try some tank/melee DPS.

P.S. The Discord invite in the OP has expired. ; w ;
Try BM or KFM if u wanna be a tanky melee DPS machine. Both are great at negating damage with the BM being the more burst focussed of the 2. KFM should do more consistent damage.

anothertech

So at the bottom of my skill trees, I have little books and medallion shaped thingies blocking my final skill. Anyone know what these are and how they're unlocked? Do you have to get to max level first or is it something else?

Sölf

So at the bottom of my skill trees, I have little books and medallion shaped thingies blocking my final skill. Anyone know what these are and how they're unlocked? Do you have to get to max level first or is it something else?

Currently, we can't unlock any of them. Could be level 50 stuff, could be rare drops from later dungeons, I don't know. But with our current version, we can't access them yet.

Chariot

Sölf;194681921 said:
Currently, we can't unlock any of them. Could be level 50 stuff, could be rare drops from later dungeons, I don't know. But with our current version, we can't access them yet.
A few of them will unlock this upcoming patch by random tradable drop in Bloodshade Harbour. You can look into your skilltree to see them marked as drop from Bloodshade in the description.

Later there will be more by various means. Collect Zenbeans and get your Achievementpoints up.

Those are Hongmoon skills. One of them will be unlockable next patch per class, a few others will be unlockable once we get level 50, and a few of them don't actually exist yet at all, even in the korean version. They're the ones that say "A fabled Hongmoon technique etc..."

And nothing of value has been lost.

I mean if u don't even bother just simply blocking the 2 or 3 bots spamming the same stuff in the chat, which cost like a couple of seconds so u can try out the game, then yeah... :')

Has there been a maintenance announced yet for tomorrow's big patch? Gonna be interesting if they will use the same schedule as last week, which was perfect imo.

Love it when u dodge and block every move a boss throws at u when playing BM. How do u unlock the Hongmoon Lightning Draw btw?

Maintenance seems to be at 4AM PST, which is noon UTC/1PM CET for us EUs, and is expected to last 6hours, so basically most of the day until the evening for us.

For the skills, not entirely sure it depends on what they give us. But the general way they're unlocked is you need to buy a Hongmoon Fan from the vendor in poharan with those siren tokens things(not the perfumes, the others that buy gear), as well as get a drop from BSH 4man(the new instance). The drop can be sold on the market, so you could just buy it eventually.

So don't expect to have the skill soon. The PvP version should be available for zen beans, it's the one that has an achievement, consuming the item you buy with beans gives you the achievement. Although in the case of Lightning Draw, I believe the actual version used for PvP is considered a PvE version(it's the left path, the one that does max damage, while the PvP version is the right one, the one that knockdowns). So if you want to PvP on BM, you'll have to do some PvE(at least to get the poharan token thingies, the drop you can buy with soulstones money from doing arena).

Top Bottom