• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disconnecting from a ranked match in Street Fighter V does NOT count as a loss.

Spy

Seeing this mentioned by multiple people on the internet. Didn't want to make another Street Fighter V thread but I thought this was pretty noteworthy seeing as the game is pretty much online only until the March update.

For everyone who is interested - so far I couldn't see any punishment for disconnecting the game in the middle of the fight. I did it three times in a row - I always keep my full Fight Money, don't lose LP points, don't get temporarily blocked from online play, even the consecutive wins remains the same (can be seen once the fight is loading).
Given that I ran into some weird match making (fighting guys who had 4-times as much LP than me + a much higher level) I'm assuming that there will be a lot of D/C problems once the game starts.

Source: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/895976-street-fighter-v/73293759

This is before launch. Might be added in on launch.

Netcode might not hold up on launch. So they might test the waters so people don't end up getting a bunch of loses in case the servers just fail.

The game isn't out yet so woo.

The game still isn't technically out yet. Here's hoping that this is one of the things to get switched on when they reset the servers on Tuesday.

Isn't there a way to tell if someone purposely disconnects?

They could at least impose temp bans on repeat offenders within a time span.

Kinsei

Banned
Oh yay, now we'll have a ton of assholes quitting as they are losing causing they want to keep their W/L ratio up. Hopefully they can patch losses in.

Can I be the first one to point out that the game has not been released yet?

Maybe this is a server-side issue, that might be fixed by release?

EDIT:

Woo hoo, second one to point it out.

farisr

Thankfully 3 wins in a row isn't that hard so there shouldn't be too many losers disconnecting just to get that trophy.

As for those players who care way too much about that win/loss ratio. Sigh...

Thankfully 3 wins in a row isn't that hard so there shouldn't be too many losers disconnecting to get that trophy for too long.

As for those unskilled players who care about that win/loss ratio. Sigh...

people were rage quiting in the beta. trophies wont matter.

This has to be a bug. Theres no way capcpom missed this.

FluxWaveZ

This is what actually might make me cancel my pre-order.

It's fucking ridiculous. Super Smash Bros. 4 even has a punishment. StarCraft II just gives the other player the win. Your online will never be taken seriously if I can just rage quit with zero consequence.

Review copies and promos are out, release is next tuesday! :D it's the final version. Unless they patch it in later like storymode.

Server is getting reset on Tuesday. So there is still time. Seeing as Capcom can wipe Fight Money and progress on a whim, so yeah.

Kouriozan

Looks like online will be a nightmare, people are abusing stuff like that in a little PS4 Yu-Gi-Oh! game, so imagine how it'll be in a bigger game...

smurfx

get some go again
i thought the punishment would be to always match you up with a bunch of rage quitters if you quit too many times?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Couldn't Capcom do something like cheaters only leagues and such? Get flagged or caught too many times and you are forced to only play other sore losers etc.

Spman2099

Man, I think a lot of people are being a bit silly about a lot of the "bad news" for this game. However, this is legitimately bad. Looks like Capcom was really not ready to release this game yet.

Firehead

P4SbRHq.png
Uh... The fuck are they thinking?

Top Bottom