• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disconnecting from a ranked match in Street Fighter V does NOT count as a loss.

It will definitely be corrected by launch or soon after. Even nintendo does this much. Capcom knows what they need to do. Most likely not implemented now in case servers fail at launch and people get unfair losses.

Remember, the game has it's own in-game patching system, so they might have a hotfix ready to go by launch.

If this issue still persists after launch, then it's worth causing a riot over.

Spman2099

P4SbRHq.png
Uh... The fuck are they thinking?

This isn't a matter of thinking. They are clearly struggling to get this game out in time for their plans. They must have set an aggressive schedule.

Thinking now it has to be an error or something that doesn't work until Tuesday. This game has a league system right? That would utterly destroy ranked. Capcom knows better for sure.

Durden77

People need to chill the fuck out. The game isn't out yet and there's already a thread for this? They've still been working on/reseting the servers. It's definitely possible that this won't be the case when the game releases.

They won't even allow people to stream online matches yet. Because they're still working on the servers. Calm down. If it's still that way after launch THEN shit your pants.

A league system will necessarily trap these kinds of people, because if they aren't good enough to actually win real matches, they'll never manage to escape the lowest pool.

BiggNife

They've been resetting the server constantly (which clears ranking points completely) over the past few days. I'm sure once it's up for real on Tuesday they'll implement some sort of penalty.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
They're avoiding the problem of:
Shitty connections at launch
My fight money!

Or they're insane. In which case they can blame their sister company Capcpom.

FluxWaveZ

A league system will necessarily trap these kinds of people, because if they aren't good enough to actually win real matches, they'll never manage to escape the lowest pool.

It doesn't matter when everyone's quitting on all league levels. No matter the level of player, if they can quit without any consequence, they'll absolutely do it.

It doesn't matter when everyone's quitting on all league levels. No matter the level of player, if they can quit without any consequence, they'll absolutely do it.
I tend to think and see that the less of a scrub you are, the more likely you'll take a loss no issue.

FluxWaveZ

No they won't.

Online? They absolutely will.

I tend to think and see that the less of a scrub you are, the more likely you'll take a loss no issue.

Manifested through local play, perhaps. But netplay? If anything, people who are at higher leagues will d/c more than people at lower leagues because they want to maintain that status, their high w/l records and their win streaks.

Hylian7

No they won't.
Have you played any online game ever? They absolutely will. If something like that is there to exploit, they will do it despite knowing it's wrong. Example of this was in the Dota 2 Source 2 beta, there was a bug where a certain hero could make illusions of itself (one of it's abilities), sell the items off of the illusions (you shouldn't be able to this), and but they would come out with items it would normally take you 50 minutes to get all in 2 minutes. People would just go into games and ruin them by doing this.

Yudoken

Not gonna lie I can see people more rage quitting on pc than on console, you can easily alt f4 out of the game (which I really like to use in almost any program because I don't have to look for the exit button and it closes software faster but people can abuse it in games like SF V).

I want them to punish people doing that after the first round (perfected or they're disconnecting).
There has to be a way in 2016 to track which player disconnected when and that answers if he disconnected because he was upset about loosing and they should be punished properly.

Also I want to be able to get out of a match in the first round when the connection just sucks and want that to be registered to a list where I can see those people if I encounter them again.
Ping, stability of the connection status and color bars are necessary nowadays, please add them later in Capcom (or at least something I can actually use to determine if the opponents connection is stable to mine).

Hylian7

Not gonna lie I can see people more rage quitting on pc than on console, you can easily alt f4 out of the game (which I really like to use in almost any program because I don't have to look for the exit button and it closes software faster but people can abuse it in games like SF V).

I want them to punish people doing that after the first round (perfected or they're disconnectiong).
There has to be a way in 2016 to track which player disconnected when and that answers if he disconnected because he was upset about loosing and they should be punished properly.

Also I want to be able to get out of a match in the first round when the connection just sucks and want that to be registered to a list where I can see those people if I encounter them again.
Ping, stability of the connection status and color bars are necessary nowadays, please add them later in Capcom (or at least something I can actually use to determine if the opponents connection is stable to mine).
I've seen about an equal amount of it in both. It's just rage quitting itself. Just because the console players usually have to pull the cable doesn't make the ones that would do it less.

Server is getting reset on Tuesday. So there is still time. Seeing as Capcom can wipe Fight Money and progress on a whim, so yeah.

Ehh, resetting stats on a server is quite different from implementing new mechanics and features of fight penalties.

Maybe a few months down the line as a patch.

Moaradin

ALT F4 didn't work on the PC betas. You can still just ALT Tab and close the game that way though, but holding down the PS button on PS4 and closing it is just as easy.

Resilient

Manifested through local play, perhaps. But netplay? If anything, people who are at higher leagues will d/c more than people at lower leagues because they want to maintain that status, their high w/l records and their win streaks.

good players don't do that shit

also this thread is fkn great for hyperbole. i mean you know you've got a shitty thread and opening post when you start with shit like

seeing as the game is pretty much online only until the March update.

yeah, that's totally what it is..

Rurunaki

People really expect that a day one patch is not going to be released? Especially when they are going for a full wipe. People seems to really want this game to fail for some reason.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

Have you played any online game ever? They absolutely will. If something like that is there to exploit, they will do it despite knowing it's wrong. Example of this was in the Dota 2 Source 2 beta, there was a bug where a certain hero could make illusions of itself (one of it's abilities), sell the items off of the illusions (you shouldn't be able to this), and but they would come out with items it would normally take you 50 minutes to get all in 2 minutes. People would just go into games and ruin them by doing this.

So you and everyone you know would disconnect when faced with a loss if the OP situation stayed the same? K.

Durden77

No offense to OP, but I really think this thread should not be allowed. There's no telling if this will actually be the case when the game releases. This is something that should be discussed in other SF5 threads and if it's still a thing at launch, then it would deserve it's own thread.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
well my internet just get's bad when i'm about to lose a match stop complaining!

srsly .. this won't be when the full game is released hold your horses and post this when the game launches XD

No offense to OP, but I really think this thread should not be allowed. There's no telling if this will actually be the case when the game releases. This is something that should be discussed in other SF5 threads and if it's still a thing at launch, then it would deserve it's own thread.

Ain't got time for that! Gaf is currently gripped by SF mania!

No time to wait until the game is actually out!

sf_mania_by_emezie-d9rrzpm.png

jett

D-Member

You so crazy.

If anything it's a good thing that a spotlight is put on this shit, maybe someone at Capcom will realize this is a grave mistake and patch it out soon.

Whompa02

I'm honestly curious how that will play out.

On one side I'm like, yeah they shouldn't penalize bad connections, but on the other side, if you're playing a dude from Japan or something, I can understand the reasoning if it loses connection...they should figure that out though instead of just having a no fault rule for all parties involved.

I do think they should penalize plug pullers, aka people like Low Tier God who gets butt flustered and d/c's intentionally to stop the other player from getting points off him...total scrub move and mainly why I hate people who do that.

Mik317

they are going to reset the servers at launch. More than likely this will be fixed then. The servers and such aren't even fully up and some peeps might have lost some wins due to the current status.

relax.

Yudoken

ALT F4 didn't work on the PC betas. You can still just ALT Tab and close the game that way though, but holding down the PS button on PS4 and closing it is just as easy.

Mhmm, weird, I never actually did that in a fight but in the main menu.

Gonna try it out when the game is out.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think the system they should do is maybe the first 3-10 disconnects don't count against you, sometimes we all go through scenarios where we lose connection during a match or something happens and not fun to be penalized for it. But if you disconnect a certain amount of times, it then counts as a loss against you.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
What? I said that people will still rage quit games to prevent a loss if that "option" is available.

My initial response was to the person saying "everyone would be quitting on all league levels"

Seemed to be a blanket that everyone would just quit constantly rather than a certain type of player.

Durden77

You so crazy.

If anything it's a good thing that a spotlight is put on this shit, maybe someone at Capcom will realize this is a grave mistake and patch it out soon.

But we don't even know if this is a mistake yet. We're just yelling to yell.

Top Bottom