• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disconnecting from a ranked match in Street Fighter V does NOT count as a loss.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Yeah I'm just gonna assume this will be part of the Day 1 patch.

LowParry

Qr2KZDQ.gif

Myeah, definitely holding off for a while on this one. I love SF, but outside what I've been hearing about the severe lack of content there's now even basic stuff like this perhaps missing. I'm gonna stay on the safe side for a bit and try to get a better view of what it does and doesn't have before jumping in.

shoreu

This is going to be just like the quitting in Ki when it first came out. Trying to rank up is going to be hell.

Resilient

Myeah, definitely holding off for a while on this one. I love SF, but outside what I've been hearing about the severe lack of content there's now even basic stuff like this perhaps missing. I'm gonna stay on the safe side for a bit and try to get a better view of what it does and doesn't have before jumping in.

if you loved SF you would just get it
SF is life

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

It seems very rushed.

Azalean

Banned
They really need to patch it so it counts as a loss. Maybe the first disconnect in a certain amount of time shouldn't (in case of a legit disconnect), but the next one should count as a lost so people don't abuse purposeful disconnects.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Do we know there is a day one patch?
People streaming SFV on twitch were talking about the Day 1 patch and I thought Capcom themselves said there was gonna be one to clean up some bugs/tweak online stuff.

FluxWaveZ

So you and everyone you know would disconnect when faced with a loss if the OP situation stayed the same? K.

You have basically no experience with competitive online games. K.

My initial response was to the person saying "everyone would be quitting on all league levels"

Seemed to be a blanket that everyone would just quit constantly rather than a certain type of player.

Oh. That's not what I meant by "everyone." Substitute: the type of player who would rage quit. Those players exist on all league levels, and that's why everyone within them would rage quit on all league levels.

Cleve

They really need to patch it so it counts as a loss. Maybe the first disconnect in a certain amount of time shouldn't (in case of a legit disconnect), but the next one should count as a lost so people don't abuse purposeful disconnects.

Yeah, maybe you get 1-2 grace disconnects within a time frame(few hours? a day?), and everything after that counts as a loss. If your internet is flaking out, you shouldn't be jumping in to online anyway. If you rage out, cool off before coming back and doing the same thing again.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
You have basically no experience with competitive online games. K.

So you admit to disconnecting in games rather than taking a loss if there's no downside. K.

Oh. That's not what I meant by "everyone." Substitute: the type of player who would rage quit. Those players exist on all league levels, and that's why everyone within them would rage quit on all league levels.

edit: Ah okay. Agree then, ignore my other posts.

FluxWaveZ

good players don't do that shit

also this thread is fkn great for hyperbole. i mean you know you've got a shitty thread and opening post when you start with shit like

Good player or not, lack of punishment will mean it'll happen on even the highest of leagues. This is like saying that BM doesn't exist at High Diamond and Master league while playing ladder in StarCraft II.

So you admit to disconnecting in games rather than taking a loss if there's no downside. K.

No, I make it a point to never, ever rage quit because it's pathetic.

Street Fighter V |Match Thread| Welcome to the Wall of Shame

Get your record buttons ready

Really though, they will fix this sooner than later (I hope). They need QUITALITY like MK.

In SFV, the disconnecting opponents character should have animations that trigger to fall to their knees and say "I give up" "Too Stronk" "Stop hurting me" if they dc. Kinda like what happens when the clock runs out.

There is no honor among scrubs are you guys serious? Let me remind you, higher ranked players were already rage quitting in a freaking BETA. Disconnects are real.

Pretty much the way Capcom is handling Street Fighter 5 in its entirety. It's shocking how much of a step back this is from 4.

This is the first thing that's bothered me outside lobbies. I don't necessarily understand what else it's a step back in. Game plays better then SFIV ever did.

Nemesis_

This is the first thing that's bothered me outside lobbies. I don't necessarily understand what else it's a step back in. Game plays better then SFIV ever did.

The gameplay is fantastic and tight as fuck, don't get me wrong. I'm not gonna open up the debate about all the other content here though that really should be here for launch.

The weird character select idiosyncrasies for online, this ranked match thing. Just common sense things that haven't been addressed.

Lothars

You haven't been playing it for the past five days I'm assuming? It'd actually honestly really bad guys given how much of a step up 4 was when it was released.
I haven't because I never got the game early but I'll be playing it at release but your hyperbole saying a step back doesn't say anything other than your over exaggerating.

Durden77

Pretty much the way Capcom is handling Street Fighter 5 in its entirety. It's shocking how much of a step back this is from 4.

The gameplay is fucking excellent and nearly universally loved more than IV already, and the content is about the same if not more than SFIV's initial launch content.

So you shouldn't be caught off guard when people are saying you're spitting hyperbole. Even though I hate how much that word is used around here.

Is this kind of problem ever going to be solved?

They can do three easy things to fix it:

1. Disconnect % stats shown on opponent before accepting Ranked match
  2. Disconnecting = loss (if you don't have a stable and reliable connection then don't play ranked. If you can't handle losing a few points if your game randomly disconnects (very rarely) then don't play ranked.)
  3. Ranked/Competitive Cool Down (No longer able to queue for ranked match making. Increased cooldown on multiple disconnects in a short period or if disconnects continue after cooldown has recently ended. ie. 1hr, 5 hours, 1 day, 3 days, 7 days)
    APrq0U2.png

I think people will smarten up pretty quickly, however, it won't solve all problems or lag switchers etc.

KingBroly

Banned
I have to wonder how this is still a problem. If you D/C, you should take the L, and your opponent should get the W. The game should be able to determine if you D/C intentionally or not.

Demoskinos

I was real sad about my lack of money to buy SFV this week but boy the more that comes out about the game the less it looks like its worth $60.

wrongway

lol what the actual fuck.

Is the blacklist function going to work at launch or is that going to be patched in later too?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Good thing I dont intend on jumpimg to ranked anytime soon, but fucking lol if this goes live and especially if its not fixed soon

mekes

People streaming SFV on twitch were talking about the Day 1 patch and I thought Capcom themselves said there was gonna be one to clean up some bugs/tweak online stuff.

Cool, thanks for replying :) I know there's been a patch released already and you can still currently drop a game without risk. But given the tweaks Capcom performed on the fly during the beta's, if there is no extra day one patch hopefully there will be something Capcom can do server side about the issue.

Top Bottom