• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV Early Concepts

galvenize

From the japanese art book

3glv2DG.jpg

Lka5Mjg.png

1jEqbPX.png

qifuChI.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hope we get that Ryu as a costume down the line. That is one badass looking Ryu.

Mediking

Those designs are in the artbook of the Collector's Edition too. I have it. Well... Most of the designs.

Qurupeke

The screenshot looks weird, nothing like what you'd expect SF to be. That said, it doesn't look bad. And that Karin.

Guess Who

Banned
Interesting that Dictator is labeled as M. Bison considering it's a Japanese art book featuring a prototype screenshot from the Japanese dev team.

Qvoth

damn that's some crazy dictator
i like it
i guess hot ryu came from that design since it's a bit similar

The idea of a Ryu that has actually had some story progression is kind of interesting, along with the idea that even having overcome it his shit would still be kind of firey from satsui no hado...

But why's Evil Ryu got a hole in his chest anyway?

Also I wonder if them choosing to not use a schoolgirl outfit for Karin means that when Sakura shows up she'll finally be out of high school

GorillaJu

The Karin we got is sooo good. Glad they made the right choice there.

Ryu is Ryu but if it weren't Ryu it wouldn't feel like Street Fighter. I do like the bandaged look, hopefully we get that eventually

Scotia

Banned
I really wish they went Hot Ryu as the default costume. It annoys me that they chickened-out and went for the safe option.

Powerpuff

The idea of a Ryu that has actually had some story progression is kind of interesting, along with the idea that even having overcome it his shit would still be kind of firey from satsui no hado...

Also I wonder if them choosing to not use a schoolgirl outfit for Karin means that when Sakura shows up she'll finally be out of high school

A grownup Sakura would be great but Ono seems to disagree.
https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/698717306143248384

We can still hope he is trolling us.

Mik317

you might want to sit down for this but..........

Vex_

Banned
Dayuuum birdie! Is that alligator? Why you gotta be so fly my doo!

That birdie is dope.

Dorky Karin C kinda bae material doe.

That first screenshot seems like a serious street fighter. Nothing following suit of maintaining the cartoonish stylization in the franchise. Bison looks evil, possessed and with tech-suit upgrades (almost Wesker-esque)

As not a Street Fighter fan i actually like the realistic style (based of the picture), although the cell shading or the current look is good looking i think a different graphic style would differentiate it from SV4.

Top Bottom