• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV Early Concepts

RM8

I like what we got, but the more "3D fighter" looking screenshot looks really cool. Ryu should have really had another default, and casual Birdie looked so awesome. On the other hand, all Karin concepts look awful IMO.

Street Fighter needs a good visual kick in the ass. Have no fear...

c800a4e76547f1870685b9bbd12406acb3c0f6d724bdddd39a19e0261da295a71-300x169.jpg

HARADA.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Birdie and Karin look way better than their SF5 counterparts here.

Ryu looks like a flaming dumpster fire here, along with that horrible UI/M.Bison in the first shot. Blech.

Ophelion

These Karins look like rejected concepts for Bayonetta. The one we got is much better especially her alt costume:

Dude, c'mon. That alt costume is sooooooooooo boring. Colorless, single flat fabric. No layers or depth. I thought Karin was supposed to be some kind of rich girl fashionista. You can't lay out pleebs looking like you're dressing up for junior prom. It's unseemly.

Karin's default hair design bothers me way more than these concept costumes.

That bison reminds me of the unused Superman Lives costume.

Dude, c'mon. That alt costume is sooooooooooo boring. Colorless, single flat fabric. No layers or depth. I thought Karin was supposed to be some kind of rich girl fashionista. You can't lay out pleebs looking like you're dressing up for junior prom. It's unseemly.

What. She looks classy as hell in that costume. I take it you don't get fashion.

Ogawa-san

We were SO close from having a modern SF with characters without body proportions of a balloon animal...

Oh well, at least 5 is not as bad as 4.

At least not until they bridge the gap, which I hope SFV will eventually do
Which is when we have Karin and Sakura take over as the main 2 and Ryu and Ken become the old wise men.

It is?

I thought SFV was after SF3 (white-haired Bison, Charlie Nash, etc)

Nope. SF3 is the end so far. We need it to go further, of course, but that would also mean there are a good number of characters that would have to update like 5 to still "make sense" in the context.

Thankfully SFV has done a good number of updates to things that it may well happen at 6 or something.

Ophelion

What. She looks classy as hell in that costume. I take it you don't get fashion.

Classy is a kind way to say out of date. I'll take costumes with character any day of the week. That boring black dress is not fit to be used as a washrag by Karin's butler.

Breaking character: I'm being mean about the dress for amusement's sake. I'm not out to get anyone. You like it if you want. We have alt costumes specifically so everyone can get what they want.

What if that Bison ties in with
Ed
and his
Psycho Power
in the full story?
Pretty sure
Ed
was the kid in
Balrog's(Boxer)
SFIV ending. I was legit surprised when he showed up in SFV since I guess that it's true that Capcom really did want the storyline to go somewhere. I expect that he might be future DLC.

SFIV
Ed
:
8QSrwDy.jpg

formal, casual, and dolls birdie are all excellent

i think karin's default is perfect tbh so i'm glad we got that. not really a fan of these, but i guess i wouldn't mind C as an alt

A.E Suggs

I fuckin love Karin C

Why did we get the plain shitty dress for the alt costume :((((((((

Um I actually love the dress, I don't know why you hate it since it fits her to a T. I'll take a better design of karin C, give her some buisness clothes like a full suit.

That said on the issue of the artstyle of in those pics I'm glad they didn't go with this overall style, its just not SF. Every fighter nowadays has its own style and you don't see them changing it.Tekken and MK have always been more realistic and you don't see them doing a style similar to SF for a reason.

Wow, that Ryu vs Bison shot is so much more interesting than the final game.

Also where the hell is my classic Karin costume, Capcom?

jstripes

Banned
Capcom played it waaaay too safe with costumes for SFV.

It's like they thought people wouldn't think it's Street Fighter if they didn't wear virtually identical costumes to their previous appearances.

(But then there's Ken.)

Top Bottom