• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV Early Concepts

Bishop89

Damn, we almost got a jecht cameo
Lka5Mjg.png

Jecht_Final_Fantasy_X_by_Slimjim0617.jpg

Gbraga

GLASSES KARIN

CAPCOM PLEASE

I NEED IT

The Karin we got is sooo good. Glad they made the right choice there.

Ryu is Ryu but if it weren't Ryu it wouldn't feel like Street Fighter. I do like the bandaged look, hopefully we get that eventually

Agreed. Her redesign was perfect, but I'd love costume C or a different version of megane Karin as an alt.

Fitts

That Bison is beyond awful. Thank goodness we got his best design yet and not.... that.

I've wanted dapper Birdie from the moment he was announced, but I didn't know I wanted doll Birdie until just now. Goddamn I hope they open the floodgates on costumes sooner than later.

Simo

What art book are those from? The one in the US CE doesn't even have those. :(

Although it does have a few concepts for the new characters and it's hilarious for F.A.N.G they went from one extreme to the other (extremely fat to extremely thin as he is now). lol

Pompadour

The first screen shot looks like what Street Fighter would look like if designed by the Mortal Kombat team. The Karin designs are way inferior to what we got. The rest of it looks on par with the Street Fighter 4 DLC costumes.

Muchacho

Mitsurugi vs Krizalid.

Mitsurugi4.jpg
krizalid-purple.jpg

I hope we get those down the line. Bison's hairstyle looks a bit ladylike tho. LIke one of Ivy's alt costumes.

Maybe it will be kept for SFVI

Golnei

The first sighting of the elusive Hotter Ryu. I assume they're just going to keep revealing shaggier and skimpier costumes for him as the seasons go past, and he'll be left with a tattered fundoshi and glorious mane of hair by the end of it.

Also, I kind of like the Union Jack Birdie costume. Might be a good choice for DLC if they can reconcile it with his gut in the actual game.

General thoughts: All of the Karin designs are great, I actually like them more than her current design. Fit Birdie looks like it was still in the cards at one point, might make for an interesting alt. Also Doll Birdie plz. Not really feeling Ryu with Yakuza tats; he never really seemed like the kind of guy who would go in for tattoos.

Piers

Capcom once again nearly doing something interesting with Ryu and then back-pedalling to his old design.
Granted, I can understand that his look is iconic to fighting games.

I'm glad they decided not to make Ryu look like Jecht, but some of those alternates for Birdie and Karin look pretty good. Hopefully they put those in the shop.

I feel like we really dodged a bullet with those bad Karin designs

I also feel like Doll Birdie and Union Jack Birdie better be alts eventually

Watch that instead of alt outfits being concept art designs and stuff we end up getting garbage like most of the alts in 4. Also boo at not committing to changing Ryu. Makes more since now as to why Ken looks different. Upset they wen't with fat Birdy. What is Ono's deal with including a dumb looking chubby character.

LQX

Wow, would have loved to see them take another risk with the artwork but the bitching would have been out of this world like DMC.

Ferrio

Banned
We dodged the bullet. That first screenshot looks like some higher up was looking at Mortal Kombat and figured that's what SF was missing.

Whompa02

I like it but hate it at the same time.

cool idea but way WAY too Mortal Kombat and the bad elements of Tekken mashed into one.

DedValve

Banned
Still mad they kept the "first 4" looking almost exactly the same with incredibly minor differences.

Dat UK birdie tho.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Some of those Birdie and Karin costumes seem like missed opportunities, wonder if they'll be DLC down the line.

Top Bottom