• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Nash has got to be the most played character when you're at about 1500LP, what a jump fest those fights are, my god

Platy

Cdot9eT.gif

it's lit, make sure to watch in 1080p60! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Awesome work man !

So sad that this is being reported with shit like:

If the option to play as “Hot Ryu” still existing while silly censoring like R. Mika’s buttslap or Cammy’s visible gooch is something you question as well – it appears fans have been having a field day modding (and in some cases trying to break) the PC version of Street Fighter V.
[...]
However, this is indicative of how equally silly the argument for male sexualization in games is widespread and in some cases, praised – while female sexualization led to Capcom themselves literally censoring the game, because of outside feedback.

I am not even giving the dude the privilege of being linked, but he did credit you

This dude didn't understood a single thing about anything.

This gif you made is beautifull because it makes SO CLEAR that how the camera treats the male and female characters is RIDICULOUSLY diferent that someone can make a scientific paper based just on this gif

T.O.P

Banned
Gotta love the fact as soon as i'm starting to win a couple of matches the game decides to suddenly match me with Gold and ONLY Gold players

Fuck off

FluxWaveZ

How do we report RQers? Just had a Mika quit on me as I caught her in my Super.

Just save video/screenshots, is what Capcom has suggested players do over this weekend.

Can you be a fraud and make it to 3k if you don't RQ? Cause I still think I suck at SF lol

If you are, then you'll get kicked out of that rank accordingly. If not, then I think you belong in the league you're currently in. I'm Ultra Silver and I don't think I'm that good, but I can still stick in this league consistently, so I'll take it.

Gotta love the fact as soon as i'm starting to win a couple of matches the game decides to suddenly match me with Gold and ONLY Gold players

Fuck off
The Game is just making sure you don't get too big for your britches. The moment you start to think you're getting good at this game, they match you up with people who actually are.

sephi22

Anyone who wants to practice against Sim add me (ItsMahvelBaby)
I'm only a bronze Sim. I'm good enough that you can learn the matchup but not good enough that I'll body you with perfects. I need to practice my instant air gales

I'm only a bronze Sim. I'm good enough that you can learn the matchup but not good enough that I'll body you with perfects. I need to practice my instant air gales

Ill add you since I want to practice :).

xCobalt

I'm down to play. My CFN is xCobalt

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Why is this game suddenly showing me five bar matches that lag hard? This didn't really happen before, especially since I accept manually.

sephi22

I'm down to play. My CFN is xCobalt
storafötter;197023174 said:
Ill add you since I want to practice :).
Cool. Don't know when I'll be online next but invite me to a battle lounge if you see me online.
Also forgot to mention that I'm in West Coast USA. I don't mind playing cross-continent if you don't either. I play Dota 2 on EUW sometimes at 180ms coz Yolo

Haha does the game really match you up with folk who are obviously better than you? Cause when I'm winning ranked games it gets progressively harder and harder, when I lose multiple games then it puts me with a scrub that I can mop up with.

I also notice that our profiles do have a spot that show us how we do against certain characters, I've been wrecking Cammy's and suck fighting my own Ryu clone and guess who the game decides to match me up like all the time? motherfucking RYU! haha.

Cool. Don't know when I'll be online next but invite me to a battle lounge if you see me online.
Also forgot to mention that I'm in West Coast USA. I don't mind playing cross-continent if you don't either. I play Dota 2 on EUW sometimes at 180ms coz Yolo

It says you are online right now. I dont mind either doing cross continent aslong as our connections are stable. If you are not able to play right now I can invite someone else, no biggie :)

Rektash

Why is this game suddenly showing me five bar matches that lag hard? This didn't really happen before, especially since I accept manually.

Happened multiple times to me today. Like, whichever method capcom uses to determine connection quality, it is quite flawed.

Some of my 5 bar matches today weren't bad, they were unplayable teleport shitfests.

sephi22

storafötter;197023939 said:
It says you are online right now. I dont mind either doing cross continent aslong as our connections are stable. If you are not able to play right now I can invite someone else, no biggie :)
It's a glitch. Always shows my friends on Main menu or survival. My PS4's in rest mode and I don't even have the disc in it.
I might play later tonight. Working on something and watching Winter brawl rn.

Nibel

It's not that you posted them, b. Its that you didn't give credit.

Yeah but you also said

Let this be a lesson. People will sellout their friends and be absolute cunts when it comes to internet fame.

I don't let this shit fly. This is not what I want to be known for on GAF.

I credited Garret and apologized to him, but afterwards I read this thread after he contacted me on Twitter (since I occassionaly use the search function with my name to see if anyone responded to any posts) and reading some of the (correct) posts here made me feel worse. So yeah, I just removed all three GIFs and if I get sent GIFs again by my friends I'll be sure to check the source and give credit (like I usually do), sorry to the people involved

Jprf9RT.gif

Awesome work man !

So sad that this is being reported with shit like:

I am not even giving the dude the privilege of being linked, but he did credit you

This dude didn't understood a single thing about anything.

This gif you made is beautifull because it makes SO CLEAR that how the camera treats the male and female characters is RIDICULOUSLY diferent that someone can make a scientific paper based just on this gif
LOOOOL... not where I was hoping it would be reported :/

yeah it's kind of more of a hawkeye thing than anything else. Hot Ryu is the closest thing the game has to male sexualisation.

Alucrid

Banned
my street fighter 5 career

bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze
bronze
super bronze

btw... who requested Bison + Vega?
j7DPCeB.gif
r3JLSZJ.gif

I'm never touching vega again tbh, because of the number of things he has (claw mask etc) he has like 3x the number of files to modify as anyone else :p

I'll not clutter the thread up anymore today. :)

Goddamn...I feel like I'm never going to know how to play with more than 2 characters in this game. Some are just not clicking with me at all.

Any Vega players? How do you effectively wall dive? I'm having to do way too much guess work when diving.

I also just realized that you can change characters after a set during battle lounges. Now I feel stupid for always leaving to change, haha.

Xeteh

Going through various characters on Survival Normal...man...losing my fucking mind. UGH.

I'm very slowly working my way through that but each time I lose to Bison I lose a little bit of what keeps me sane. I can make it to him easily enough but sometimes I just get absolutely annihilated.

Yudoken

Ok, modders restored the previous video angles, character portraits and implemented HOT® Ryu (which I couldn't find...) and much more but we aren't going to get the important fix don't we?

In the first shown reveal video Mika and Nadeshko ended the super spreading the legs of Birdie which is now gone.

Did they do it in the pc beta (at least the first one) too?

Hopefully modders will figure out how to implement their own character modles like for SF IV so we can see Q as Bison.

tumblr_o1qwazDMag1s9vniho5_1280.png

Pior Oberson (he created the Q model) previously did that with his Alex model and exchanged it with Abel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom