• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

So, where are all the top players putting Laura on the bottom of the tier list now? ^^
And for the people only discovering her now: vryu's Laura is even more scary than this one.

And people say she was bad.

It seems that several of the characters people were complaining about being bad / getting nerfed during the betas are now rising to the top: E.g. Nash, Chun-Li, Zangief, and now Laura.

It'll be interesting to see how the picture looks once EVO rolls around, and people have had more than a couple of weeks to play the release version of the game.

FirLocke

I can't stop watching those Hot Ryu gifs! o_O"

OT and a half late but btw guys I'm in it for the long haul with SFV. I'm a Chun scrub trying to git gud. Hippity hoppiting between Bronze and Super Bronze league for now. My PSN and CFN are both FirLocke if you would like to add me. My playtimes are highly various, but I'm always up for some matches when I'm online. I live in Ireland and have an average of 10mb download, most connections I've had are great.

Let's go!

You're doing God's work, man. Fucking incredible.

Genuinely amazing.
I can't stop watching those Hot Ryu gifs! o_O"

OT and a half late but btw guys I'm in it for the long haul with SFV. I'm a Chun scrub trying to git gud. Hippity hoppiting between Bronze and Super Bronze league for now. My PSN and CFN are both FirLocke if you would like to add me. My playtimes are highly various, but I'm always up for some matches when I'm online. I live in Ireland and have an average of 10mb download, most connections I've had are great.

Let's go!
Oh my lord. The moment I woke up and looked at this thread, I'm in heaven. I can't wait for the mod community to do bulge physics. That did wonders in USF4
laaaawd

Edzi

Just played the laggiest match of my life against a Silver league Ken named Mannymanmoon. Didn't recognize his flag.

Ken is low tier
Laura is low tier
Bison is low tier

Ucchedavāda;197018251 said:
It seems that several of the characters people were complaining about being bad / getting nerfed during the betas are now rising to the top: E.g. Nash, Chun-Li, Zangief, and now Laura.

It'll be interesting to see how the picture looks once EVO rolls around, and people have had more than a couple of weeks to play the release version of the game.

I don't even see it as rising to the top. Just rising on an even plane with everyone else.

Marvel

could never
Bison is low tier
MS1zCDA.jpg

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Ryan's reaction was exactly mine after I lose against a Laura online. "What the fuck am I supposed to do? Her normals reach far!"

What really throws me off is that she has a hitch/hesitation to her attacks so I can't get down timing to anticipate. My friend mains her though so at least I will get good practice.

Shito

Protip for people facing up a Laura: do not press buttons when waking up from one of her throws / special throws, she has options for that.
Respecting her oki is key to keeping her in check.

Sheroking

If you're talking about top or low tier right now, you're begging to be ridiculed.

Month 1 tier lists never hold true. It took like 6 months for people to realize how broken Elena was in USF4.

Rektash

Hmm, I am pretty good at doing combos and applyig pressure in this game. The flip side is, I have terrible footsies and get owned by zoning shenenigans. I don't have the patience for these kind of plays.

I guess thats what happens when you come from maining Makoto in SF IV.

Any tips on learning to be more patient? At some point when the zoning is too much I just flip a switch and run in face first because I want something to happen.

Sheroking

Protip for people facing up a Laura: do not press buttons when waking up from one of her throws / special throws, she has options for that.
Respecting her oki is key to keeping her in check.

Great, I'll block and get scooped again.

Her pressure is entirely based on 50/50 guess shit. I don't respect her design. It's her, not Rashid, that most resembles Fuerte as the "not fun to fight" bullshit character of the game.

I'm not sure if she's good or bad, but I am sure that I fucking hate her.

Shit's inspiring.

Been maining Laura since I picked up SFV and I've been bummed that people seem to be sleeping on her
Shit that's nothing to be bummed about. I love it when people don't realize the potential of a character. I was disappointed as hell once people realized that Elena wasn't garbage.

Don't let the secret out!

Bison needs buffs his buttons are not + enough on hit/block. Ryu needs nerf IMO hes to safe on most of his buttons. Also reduce pushback of his hadoken.

Sims teleports are so unbelievably cheap. -__-
I don't know if there's anything in this game you can say is "cheap" but it's definitely the most cunty street fighter in a while. There's just lots of cunty play-styles and cunty characters and cunty fight money distribution and cunty survival mode and cunty rage quitters etc...

just lost level 94

Pompadour

I don't know if there's anything in this game you can say is "cheap" but it's definitely the most cunty street fighter in a while. There's just lots of cunty play-styles and cunty characters and cunty fight money distribution and cunty survival mode and cunty rage quitters etc...

just lost level 94

Until someone comes up with something fool proof with Survival I'm done with that mode aside from grinding it out on Easy for FM and XP.

just lost level 94

Losing Hell survival mode, particularly when you're so close to the end, makes you realize that you just wasted your time.

Like you literally wasted your time. You didn't get any enjoyment out of it, you didn't complete the mode so you didn't get anything out of it, it didn't teach you anything and you just spent a half-hour or more on it.

sephi22

Nibel/Nibellion posted them on twitter with no source? Which is a bit shitty, they're a GAF user and they make their own content so you'd figure they'd be down with how this is supposed to work. :/
All those retweets... those props... those emojis...those followers.
They could have been yours.

Let this be a lesson. People will sellout their friends and be absolute cunts when it comes to internet fame.

I just got matched with a 4k Nash player with an 11 win streak (I was 2800) ;_;

I won the mirror match. Feeling incredibly proud of that

Xeteh

Losing Hell survival mode, particularly when you're so close to the end, makes you realize that you just wasted your time.

Like you literally wasted your time. You didn't get any enjoyment out of it, you didn't complete the mode so you didn't get anything out of it, it didn't teach you anything and you just spent a half-hour or more on it.

It is how I feel every time I lose to Bison on normal. It is so frustrating.

Until someone comes up with something fool proof with Survival I'm done with that mode aside from grinding it out on Easy for FM and XP.
this is only my second or third time trying survival on hell and I'm just never going to do it again. It really is a giant waste of time. I was really only doing it out of boredom.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Also you didn't even get any XP points (not that those have any value) or Fight Money.

MadGear

I really feel like I shouldn't play today. I see moves whiff and "punish" them with a huge delay therefore getting whiff-punished myself, throwing fireballs despite reading that my opponent will jump, dashing and pressing buttons too early resulting in me standing around like an idiot waiting for that early button press to still somehow show some sort of effect ... . I guess some parts of my brain are completely out of sync today.

skelekey

Ucchedavāda;197018251 said:

Funny. I always thought Chun li and Nash were OP. But no one whoops my ass more online than Bison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom