• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex_

Banned
laura just won the first capcom pro tour event of the year!!

Laura is ridiculous. I just can't deal with all those mixups, and it's going to get worse.

Damn that Laura is amazing.

Damn! I missed it. Anyway to watch an archive somewhere?.

Also, I need your help gaf. My brother just got so salty with his Nash. He claims "he is a weak character" referencing his health and normal/special move damage.... Hilarious.

I told him to watch videos and take time to learn stuff from others, and he says he knows all he needs to know about Nash. I bodied him like 20 to 2 (in best of 2 sets). Yea right.

He claims every character I pick is way stronger than Nash is why he is losing. I pick Laura, Ken, ryu, cammy, birdie. He gets absolutely wrecked but refuses to give up on Nash. He claims Nash's target combos were are bugged and get beaten out by my Laura and Ken.

How do I get him help? He won't listen :( I told him Nash isn't a good starting character.

Also, I need your help gaf. My brother just got so salty with his Nash. He claims "he is a weak character" referencing his health and normal/special move damage.... Hilarious.

I told him to watch videos and take time to learn stuff from others, and he says he knows all he needs to know about Nash. I bodied him like 20 to 2 (in best of 2 sets). Yea right.

He claims every character I pick is way stronger than Nash is why he is losing. I pick Laura, Ken, ryu, cammy, birdie. He gets absolutely wrecked but refuses to give up on Nash. He claims Nash's target combos were are bugged and get beaten out by my Laura and Ken.

How do I get him help? He won't listen :( I told him Nash isn't a good starting character.

Your brother is going through what we in the medical community call, DENIAL.

It's when an idea is so hateful that the mind LITERALLY rejects it.

Pick Nash yourself and then beat him. That'll teach him it's the difference in skill that's the problem, not necessarily the character.

Also I am not a doctor, nor affiliated with the medical community in any known way.

It's cool, I already told him I made them
NOW IS THE WINTER OF YOUR DISCONTENT
Well I'll make MORE
Just PM him and tell him he's on blast in the SF V thread.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/704005238123073536
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/704002018747224064
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/704001313416282112

No sources here. Looking at his post history I don't even think he plays SF. Just lurks and steals.
Oh well, no horse in this race. Gl Hawke-sama
LOL I'll give it a try

xCobalt

Body him with Nash

SkylineRKR

I don't think Laura is bad. She does good damage and has some easy combos and resets. Her LP Bolt Charge is safe on block.

She has good jumping MK and standing HK, and decent AA. Its true that she doesn't have wake up stuff.

jwhit28

My brother is going through the same thing with his Laura vs my Bison. I want him to watch this Cannes tourney. A new game won't erase 20+ years of being in someone's head.

Shoutout to zinkiller, around about the 50k rank. Taking it as a compliment that my scrub ass got RQ'd by your predictable ryu.
My connection was laggy as hell but I stayed with it, GG.

Kikujiro

Pretty shitty from Nibel, especially since he's stealing from another gaffer, didn't expect him to do something like that.

Sadly the Cannes Winter Clash stream archive is behind a paywall, so you have to wait for a youtube upload to see Mister Crimson's Laura mauling everybody.

Edzi

Seen some really strong Dhalsim players out there I'm liking that.

I don't even know if I'd call them strong tbh. Every Dhalsim I've played has dominated me using the same tactic: Instant overhead from anywhere on the screen into full combo. It's getting pretty aggravating. He's got a good far range game, good close range game, and can get to you for free from anywhere at any time. Plus, with teleports and his slide moves, he can escape pressure pretty easily too.

sephi22

I don't even know if I'd call them strong tbh. Every Dhalsim I've played has dominated me using the same tactic: Instant overhead from anywhere on the screen into full combo. It's getting pretty aggravating.
You know what you're losing to, yet you're still losing to it.
It's not an instant OH from full screen btw. You can react to the teleport and jab him out of it. If he ground teleports he is very vulnerable. If he air teleports like I said it isn't instant. So once you're close you can wreck his shit.

What I think might be happening is that you're throwing fireballs at him full screen. If he's expecting you to, he can absolutely punish you by teleporting during your fb startup and get a full combo. If this is the case, don't do fbs. Just go in.

I don't even know if I'd call them strong tbh. Every Dhalsim I've played has dominated me using the same tactic: Instant overhead from anywhere on the screen into full combo. It's getting pretty aggravating. He's got a good far range game, good close range game, and can get to you for free from anywhere at any time. Plus, with teleports and his slide moves, he can escape pressure pretty easily too.
Lot of factual errors in here.

Vex_

Banned
Your brother is going through what we in the medical community call, DENIAL.

It's when an idea is so hateful that the mind LITERALLY rejects it.

Pick Nash yourself and then beat him. That'll teach him it's the difference in skill that's the problem, not necessarily the character.

Also I am not a doctor, nor affiliated with the medical community in any known way.

Body him with Nash

I kinda did. Wasn't a real fight... More of a demonstration. I wanted to show him his target combos were working as intended and made him pick ryu instead to try to "break out" of my target combo after it landed. He just says "I know what happened.... I know what I saw this doesn't change anything..."

He also claims I did a fireball and a LP shoryu right after and he couldn't PUNISH it with Nash (in between both special moves) I told him the hadouken was at the end of a blockstring with me being quite the distance away. I knew you would try to sweep, but I already had my DP buffered for the counter hit.

Folks I can't make this up. He can be so stubborn sometimes Jesus Christ.

I kinda did. Wasn't a real fight... More of a demonstration. I wanted to show him his target combos were working as intended and made him pick ryu instead to try to "break out" of my target combo after it landed. He just says "I know what happened.... I know what I saw this doesn't change anything..."

He also claims I did a fireball and a LP shoryu right after and he couldn't PUNISH it with Nash (in between both special moves) I told him the hadouken was at the end of a blockstring with me being quite the distance away. I knew you would try to sweep, but I already had my DP buffered for the counter hit.

Did you read what I said earlier about Denial?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pretty shitty from Nibel, especially since he's stealing from another gaffer, didn't expect him to do something like that.
Nibel on the savage pursuit for twitter fame.

you don't get to 500 million retweets without making a few enemies

The entire content creation game is a bit of a joke today with Twitter/Vine/Instagram/Facebook TBH

Edzi

You know what you're losing to, yet you're still losing to it.
It's not an instant OH from full screen btw. You can react to the teleport and jab him out of it. If he ground teleports he is very vulnerable. If he air teleports like I said it isn't instant. So once you're close you can wreck his shit.

What I think might be happening is that you're throwing fireballs at him full screen. If he's expecting you to, he can absolutely punish you by teleporting during your fb startup and get a full combo. If this is the case, don't do fbs. Just go in.

Nah, I'm using Necalli, I think the main issue is that I can't really react to the teleport yet. Jabs still need to be timed right, or else they'll miss or get stuffed.

Lot of factual errors in here.

Not claiming to be an expert on Sim, just going by what I'm currently having trouble with. I know it's mostly on my end.

Xeteh

I just bought the Prima e-guide around an hour ago and the site refuses to let me validate my account so I can't view up. Hopefully support replies soon, I really want to dig in to it.

jwhit28

I'm not sure what to do after I jab Dhalsim out of his teleport as Bison. It feels like his own jab stuffs a lot of my options. It's a good antiair too.

Very early days still you'll find a good counter to his teleports soon enough. Teleport tactics are always more effective during the early stages of a FG's release.

Nibel sourced me <3

while we're all here... saucy Ryu
MZptsoZ.gif

sephi22

Nah, I'm using Necalli, I think the main issue is that I can't really react to the teleport yet. Jabs still need to be timed right, or else they'll miss or get stuffed.
Your standing jab will beat his TP fierce every time. You just need too wait for the TP start animation and mash jab if you like. Your DP works too but I wouldn't risk it.
Can't give any Necalli tips since I don't play him. But in my Sim vs Necalli matches, most Necallis try to approach using his full screen fly-in-the-air move and that shit never works.

When Necallis get jump happy or pressure me using his strings cancelled into v trigger mixed with command throws, I get bodied. I'm not used to people jumping in when they are very close yet. Dhalsim's jab is weird to time as AA for me

Messiah

Was secretly hoping we would get some info about the march updates as they are kicking off the Capcom Pro Tour. Hopefully we will get a update next week.

Also what even happened to this thread.

Watching the new episode of Excellent Adventures is making me want to take Vega more seriously. He seems like a fun character. Plus it'd be fun to play as a character who walks fast enough for tick throws to actually be viable.

I'm sorry Vex Krone, but I am afraid that I have bad news: Your brother is a scrub.

You're probably not going to be able to convince him that the game is pretty well balanced, and that the fault lies with him. He'll have to come to that conclusion on his own, but that probably wont happen while he is salty as hell.

Sheroking

Was secretly hoping we would get some info about the march updates as they are kicking off the Capcom Pro Tour. Hopefully we will get a update next week.

Also what even happened to this thread.

They said they were going to update us on the patch this week. We'll hear something soon.

I wonder if Alex will be legal for Final Round or NCR, assuming he's not out at the end of the month.

I'm not sure what to do after I jab Dhalsim out of his teleport as Bison. It feels like his own jab stuffs a lot of my options. It's a good antiair too.

When you jab him out of the air teleport, you have the advantage, it's your "turn". Go for a block string, keep pressure up. If he is jabbing like his life depended on it, make him eat something hard. Bison has great counter poke buttons. Nothing feels better on Bison when they are sticking out a limb and your knee just bodies it or you duff them with a df.HP. All he really has on defense is jab, so learn to meaty and counter-poke it because everyone wants to jab everything right now. Stuff like wakeup teleports can be thrown on startup or punished on recovery.

RM8

I was able to play a bit last night and I lost more matches than I won, felt bad :( I'm not sure I've even beaten a Rashid yet, lol.

When you jab him out of the air teleport, you have the advantage, it's your "turn". Go for a block string, keep pressure up. If he is jabbing like his life depended on it, make him eat something hard. Bison has great counter poke buttons. Nothing feels better on Bison when they are sticking out a limb and your knee just bodies it or you duff them with a df.HP. All he really has on defense is jab, so learn to meaty and counter-poke it because everyone wants to jab everything right now. Stuff like wakeup teleports can be thrown on startup or punished on recovery.

Vex_

Banned
Ucchedav&#257;da;197021686 said:
I'm sorry Vex Krone, but I am afraid that I have bad news: Your brother is a scrub.

You're probably not going to be able to convince him that the game is pretty well balanced, and that the fault lies with him. He'll have to come to that conclusion on his own, but that probably wont happen while he is salty as hell.

Yea. Maybe you're right. I just don't want him to drop the game because he lacks a fundamental understanding of the intricacies of character matchups.

sephi22

Yeah, this seems more serious to you guys than I thought; sorry, will remove them
It's not that you posted them, b. Its that you didn't give credit.
Removing them would be counterproductive since people already saw 'em. At least this way people who see the retweets and come to you to follow you can see that you have credited the right person (and follow them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom