• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resistence screenshots (great explosions)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
resux5.jpg

res2pq2.jpg

res3zg6.jpg

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=1&cId=3153548

In the vehicle-based level we saw (Shattered Gorge), the game shifts to a grassy wide open outdoor area with stone vistas in the distance and mountains all around -- somewhat like the outdoor areas in GUN but with a supremely impressive draw distance and a shocking sense of scale. The draw distance here provided the single most impressive example of the tech behind the game we saw all day.

Did you say WOW?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
So what's the final word?

60fps single player?
30fps mulitplayer?

Going from the article the game is already sounding to be the most complete, rock solid, and polished launch game or otherwise already on next generation consoles and they still have 2 more months to go.

This game is shaping up so nicely, this looks great.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
I fear this game will lack the oomph due to a lack of rumble in the PS3 controller. I was watching the 1up show and that's all I could think of, how a lack of rumble might make this suck.

PhatSaqs

Banned
rainer516 said:
I fear this game will lack the oomph due to a lack of rumble in the PS3 controller. I was watching the 1up show and that's all I could think of, how a lack of rumble might make this suck.
:lol

snatches

The screenshots look better than ever, but the explosions are just like Call of Duty 2....nothing special at this point IMO

Looks better than earlier shots. But still, that doesn't say a whole lot. "Looks great in motion..." yeah, yeah, yeah. Just call me jaded. Between this game and downgraded Gears shots, next gen is a dissapointment to me.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
rainer516 said:

Put this in your room and even your testicles will rumble. :p
pump-up-the-bass.jpg

snatches

PhatSaqs said:

What is so funny? I think the most desired PS3 titles right now, warhawk, resistance, and ridge racer 7 are the ones that get hurt the most by the lack of rumble. Especially warhawk, as you are simulating the aircraft with the controller. It would add a lot of realism if the controller reacted when the ship is hit by enemy fire.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BTW, what's going on with Warhawk? How come we are not seeing any new media since E3?

TTP said:
BTW, what's going on with Warhawk? How come we are not seeing any new media since E3?

Well it's not just Warhawk, every SCEWWS game has been kept under wraps since E3 with the lone exception being Resistance. Since SCEWWS is pushing that game as the killer app for the PS3 launch(in the US at least), it makes sense to give it some of the spotlight before TGS.

Even if Warhawk can make the launch, I don't think SCEWWS will make it a launch title. Right now Sony has tons of games under development that should be available for the launch or launch window. No need releasing them all within a month or two of each other. Although I think it would be great if Warhawk makes it out in December or Jan/Feb.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
TobitheCat said:
Looks better than earlier shots. But still, that doesn't say a whole lot. "Looks great in motion..." yeah, yeah, yeah. Just call me jaded. Between this game and downgraded Gears shots, next gen is a dissapointment to me.

What downgraded Gears shots? That game never received a downgrade.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
TTP said:

I've had a feeling even since E3 that it may be further away than a lot of people seem to think. Many seem to have it pegged as a cert for launch, but Sony has never said that AFAIK, and they were coy about the launch date at E3.

Back to Resistance, it's looking sharp. More importantly, the preview is very positive indeed :)

REV 09

mckmas8808 said:
seriously.

the new screens look great, but i'm still not happy w/ what i've seen in motion. guess i'll have to wait until some more footage releases, hopefully sooner than later.

mckmas8808 said:

I think he's talking about the ridiculously clean and high res Bullshot screens that MS/Epic released. You know, the ones that you know are in-game but also look like art. Kind of reminds me of the MGS3 pics that were always released in 1024x768 and had perfect aliasing and everything.

Sorry to get off topic. Resistance is looking great, it's too bad 1UP only releases pics in 800x450. Hopefully IGN or GA will get them since they actually release pictures at there full res instead of downsizing like 1UP and Gamespot.

Dahbomb

mckmas8808 said:
PS3 GOTY easily, at the very minimum PS3 FPS of the year. GOW/Zelda:TP/FFXII/Okami etc. are strong contenders.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Curious about 1up's comments regarding Resistance being far and away the best looking game they've seen running on PS3 dev kits up to this point. I'm wondering if we have a rough idea of what they've seen at this point, and recently. I haven't seen them throw any hints out about seeing stuff like Heavenly Sword or Lair recently for example. But they've certainly talked about stuff like Untold Legends and Full Auto 2 as seen running on dev kits. So it's a nice enough pat on the back for Resistance, but I'm not really sure how much it means, given the field ATM.

J-Rzez

Lack of Rumble? Game-eth ruined!

I think it'll do just fine without it... Personally, I think the trade off of using the controllers TILT features more than make up for it as it adds another element of involving gameplay... Rumble is nice, I'll miss it too... the lack of it isn't going to ruin a game already ppl, damn...

Top Bottom