• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games 10th Anniversary party photos

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I think its a remarkable achievement that a company can sustain for 10 yrs in this industry, and with such track record.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=19840559024&tsid=0.8762888591736555&source=typeahead

Tatsuya Minami, Hideki Kamiya, Hideo Kojima, Goichi Suda, Shinji Mikami, Jun Takeuchi, Noritaka Funamizu, Akira Nishitani, Akira Yamashita, Mitsutoshi Sakurai, Tatsuya Minami, Hitoshi Yamagami and More.

12771796_10153966546814025_7101834095674884771_o.jpg

12794693_10153966547194025_7507012321265638917_o.jpg

12779150_10153966547319025_799080321143383142_o.jpg

1BEv1Ml.jpg

m6zYhfi.jpg

XDbR023.jpg

vi5XD4h.jpg

nSByHJ9.jpg

98bu7BX.jpg

oHHrpCg.jpg

BnaGWUH.jpg

wFKu7Yy.jpg

tLp8UcV.jpg

TsY5odu.jpg

RQZ91IZ.jpg

nzSztbP.jpg

FwXHMKY.jpg

pxYuGk6.jpg

Jawmuncher

They have survived thanks to quality. If they were putting out trash I think they would have closed up shop by now.

Only Bayo 1 and MGR have passed a million sales each right?

Xav

Fantastic studio!

Platinum Games are like Rare from the 90s whereby I will instantly buy whatever they make.

I've never even played Nier but you can bet your ass I will buy Neir Automata simply because Platinum Games are involved.

EhoaVash

saw this on my twitter feed couple days ago

kojima, Sakurai, mikami, and suda51 were all there at the party

5NqFJQu.jpg

dRv5Si5.jpg

& more edit, bannned site ._.

KevinCow

Banned
I'm actually kind of amazed that they've been able to survive for 10 years when none of their games have been particularly successful and most of their games have been failures. How do they do it?

I'm actually kind of amazed that they've been able to survive for 10 years when none of their games have been particularly successful and most of their games have been failures. How do they do it?

Because all their games are million+ sellers in our hearts.

All you gotta do is believe.

koopas

They don't melt the sales charts but they have very stable predictable sales numbers.

Golnei

They don't melt the sales charts but they have very stable predictable sales numbers.

There's also the matter of them appearing to work very quickly and reliably on modest budgets, as well as not being put at direct risk from the failure of individual titles due to their publishing agreements.

koopas

There's also the matter of them appearing to work very quickly and reliably on modest budgets, as well as not being put at direct risk from the failure of individual titles due to their publishing agreements.
Do they never own the IP they put out? (Not really related to what you said)

Sakujou

Banned
holy shit, swery, sakurai, suda, kamiya and kojima should do a game together.

this game will bring peace on earth.

It's like they know what they are doing, unlike some AAA companies

Neiteio

We can only hope there was a post-party orgy, and from the combined DNA of Mikami, Kamiya, Kojima, Suda and Sakurai, a new star will be born

Grisby

Wish some gaffers would have been thrown in to the mix. Would be pretty funny seeing a bunch of gaffers just fanboy all over the talent there.

Damn, congrats Platinum!

Top Bottom