• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games 10th Anniversary party photos

stuminus3

Looking back, I'm glad some good came of Capcom chopping Clover.
Totally. In hindsight it all worked out better for us in the end. Capcom can still bring the goods but there's no way we'd have what Platinum have given us had it not gone down the way it did. I'm hoping the same thing happens with ex-Konami staff.

Zalman

Happy anniversary to an amazing studio. Lots of gaming legends in those pictures. Seeing Sakurai, Kamiya, and Kojima together is great.

Instro

I'm actually kind of amazed that they've been able to survive for 10 years when none of their games have been particularly successful and most of their games have been failures. How do they do it?

I'm sure their publishing deals are negotiated so that they minimize their risk. They are very well managed almost always have multiple games in development. They have a sterling reputation for getting quailty games out on time. They have shown they can work with publishers in any location, and with Rising they were able to come in and fix another team's mess, turning it into a well received hit.

Looking at them now, they seem very well positioned heading into the next 10 years.

SalvaPot

ChZirZy.jpg

CSI: Tokyo

Feels like things are on the up for Japan lately. So many super star developers. Can't remember being excited for so many Japanese games.

Sesha

Kamiya, Mikami, Kojima, Suda and Sakurai, all under the same roof. What a legendary get-together. Here's to ten more years!

I'm actually kind of amazed that they've been able to survive for 10 years when none of their games have been particularly successful and most of their games have been failures. How do they do it?

Because they're fast, efficient, are known for producing quality work, and their work is mostly/entirely paid for by the publisher. Also Bayonetta, Revengeance and Transformers Devastation all did decently. Revengeance is by far their biggest success with at least 2m sold.

they didn't invite Keiji Inafune?

They did, but he had to delay.

The new beard looks great on Kojima !

Happy birthday, Platinum! They are the second best combat designers in the entire industry (very close to Capcom) and probably the best guns-for-hire-developer in all of japan (including From Software).

Here is to another 10 years !

They look so happy !!!

I love these guys, it's great to see them still making video games. It's heart warming.

To another 10+++ years of great games !

Neoxon

It's weird seeing Kamiya, Kojima, & Sakurai together at the same party. Imagine the game they could make together.

Sesha

Missing Miyazaki and Itsuno.

Is that Kobayashi from Capcom in pic #11 from the top in the op?

Itsuno missing from the party because he's too busy working on DMC5 believe!

Guy in picture #11 standing with Mikami and Kamiya is Jun Takeuchi.

Seriously what a cast,
It's almost as If I died and went to VG heaven and all my fave VG devs are the to greet me,
reminds of that final scene from Titanic :)

Fbh

Damn, so many cool people in one party.

Happy Birthday Platinum. Thanks for these past 10 years and I hope there are many more to come

Why wasn't Inafune invited?

He was but then called to say he was going to be late.
Then asked if everyone could transfer him 10 bucks so he could take a taxi

I would wAtch. Made by kojima? That shit would be nuts.

Every chapter:

4596699.jpg

NEO0MJ

Congrats to them. But man, seeing this is kinda depressing.

tLp8UcV.jpg

Kojima looks so much older and out of shape than the others.

Zyrox

Awesome photos. Congrats P*. One of my favorite devs. Here's to ten more years of awesomeness.

Also I like to imagine that Sakurai just has a closet full of the same shirts, he just picks a new one every day.

Nottle

Only until he puts on the stone mask with a red jewel will Sakurai be able to survive taking off and changing his shirt.

That Kamiya face, what is the deal? Love that guy.

He looks clean but

Did you see kojima new studio photo

Them dudes look like they are about to drop an album.

They look like ff15 characters

They look like they bout to tear up the club

I don't think thats the photo from Kojima's new studio. That's almost a 10 year old picture. I remember seeing this in the MGS4 collector's edition art book.

Crazy guest list. Platinum attracts greatness.

It's basically a minor miracle that Platinum has not only done well, but prospered. Here's to ten more, and hope that they release a few more genre defining classics.

Top Bottom