• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AllGamesBeta shut down?

ODDI

For those who don't know it's a very simple site which updates itself with the latest gaming news in a very simple format but it seems the owner of site may have closed it?

I know a person works on the site is also a gaffer, so Endless what's going on?

WlX4taC.jpg

Link to the site www.allgamesbeta.com/
Link to the tweet https://twitter.com/NinodeVries/status/706890756435353600

Edit; Oh crap wrong section MODS HELP PLS!

Edit2: Site has a new name http://www.allgamesdelta.net/

Yeah I saw the tweets and was like "what the fuck?"
Few seconds they were all deleted.

That's pretty shitty. I liked the site and the twitter account.

UrbanRats

The fuck? That's shitty, GameTrailers and AGB were the only gaming sites I visited daily (GAF notwithstanding) and now they're both gone.

I noticed they were trying to sell it some time ago, has that to do with this?

A while ago the person on the account said "the owner" was planning to sell the site.

I don't understand who the owner even is, I'm pretty sure the site is just run by one guy. The site never seemed like a job or for profit thing. They have a GAF account so maybe they'll chime in.

Yeah, I'm really curious as to what's going to happen in the future. I pretty much used it as my GAF prepwork to see what all the hot topics for the day were before I went into the GAF threads to see all the cynicism and bitching.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
AGB was besides GAF my number #1 source for gaming news. No bullshit, just straight up news, PR info,
scans
, screenshots and videos.

Endless did such a fantastic job, and he was always up to date with everything. I'll miss AGB for sure.

Reversed

Haven't visited the site in years but it was damn good. Sad news.

Probably it was looked after their magazine scans?

Edit: huh, he or she got the domain from GoDaddy.

Edit 2: nevermind, it's back on blogspot. Given the .es TLD, endless is from Spain.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Once again, why did AGB have an "owner" and what exactly did that person do? No one else thinks that's fishy?

it would be great if Endless could come in here and explain the situation.

Everything about the site is fishy, honestly

You just jelly that sometimes he's faster than you with posting new news :p

Everything about the site is fishy, honestly

I used them for a while because it was the best way to get famitsu scans, but ever since the "the owner is going to sell the site wat do also please send offers" thing I stopped as it was just really weird to me. It seemed like an obvious scam attempt.

GameE

I dont get why AGB gets praise here.... half of the things they posted were lifted right from Gaf. Like even thread titles.

Nibel

Dude straight up copied a tweet of mine once, serves him right, people in the Twitterverse know the deal

So who buys and closes down a website because of religious reasons

arhra

Once again, why did AGB have an "owner" and what exactly did that person do? No one else thinks that's fishy?

Sounds like maybe the person running the site wasn't the same person who owned the domain registration, and they had some kind of falling-out?

Flavius

All Games?

Isn't that Scot Rubin's site? I thought he was off making millions on nitroglycerin icecream, or something.

Karak

Interesting. I always thought they were one of those websites that just steals stuff using bots and reposted. I post a video and within maybe 40 minutes the review, news, or whatever is posted on websites everywhere and embeded there.

Looks like this was more than that?

Interesting. I always thought they were one of those websites that just steals stuff using bots and reposted. I post a video and within maybe 40 minutes the review, news, or whatever is posted on websites everywhere and embeded there.

Looks like this was more than that?

Dunno about bots but they do just take shit from other sites like a leech. IIRC delta will be the 3rd incarnation.

It's essentially a PR aggregator. GAF without any opinions. News, images, and trailers with links to stuff like reviews and previews on other sites.

I've seen someone on my timeline say AGB reposted a video and intentionally cropped out the watermark from the gaming site it originated from

not going to lie, I've seen this myself too. Reposting pressers and images is fine I guess, but ripping video that was recorded by others (usually from niconico livestreams) isn't cool.

So let me get this straight.

A guy with a YT account and 600k+ subs "buys" (for how much?) AGB from Endless (who is the only person running the site) to promote his channel, but never does for some reason.

Endless keeps working on the site (for free? as a job? was he just fired?) and suddenly the "owner" decides to shut everything down, YT channel and AGB for "reasons".

Now there's AllGamesDelta which will pretty much be AGB but with a new name, nothing really changed.

Is that about it? Does that make sense to anyone?

not going to lie, I've seen this myself too. Reposting pressers and images is fine I guess, but ripping video that was recorded by others (usually from niconico livestreams) isn't cool.

And that it's not technically his fault either, sometimes those videos are in better quality and are worth posting than others. Specially if it's a stream cap.

Top Bottom