• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan - 11 minutes of gameplay

Looks very fun, but I'll probably wait to pick this up since I still gotta finish Transformers first.

Too many platinum games I wanna play.

Mista Koo

Not a fan of all the turtles being on screen at all times even in single player.
It's going to be chaotic and I don't want the ai to fight my battles for me.
Pretty sure it's at least a little bit controllable:

20mPIFy.png

Exodust

Banned
Pretty much all Platinum games are, its really their weakest area by far. Bayonetta 2 is like the only P* game I can think of that even comes close to having some kind of interesting environments, the rest are just generic warehouses, factories, and Euro-cities.

Say what you will about MadWorld(I personally loved it) but it had a cool setting and fun looking levels.

Lijik

I thought it looked pretty fun. My biggest fear is in Anarchy Reigns sometimes it felt like there was some major downtime trying to find the next goon fight to trigger a new event compared to MadWorld. I hope the pacing in this game is decent since its doing a similar open ended stage thing.

KooopaKid

Banned
Not feeling it :(

- Ugly UI (Temporary?)
- Messy fights in single player
- Bland and empty environments as usual
- The traversal seems automated, not that interesting and not part of the global game design
- Open-world objectives :(
- Very very similar to previous Platinum games

KarmaCow

The overworld traversal and combo moves looked great but man that boss fight just looked like a cluster fuck. It's probably better in multiplayer though when you don't need to babysit brain dead AI.

kodecraft

Say what you will about MadWorld(I personally loved it) but it had a cool setting and fun looking levels.

I was going to mention this. I think Mad World had the best sandbox level design out all of P* games, it was tight and engaging. There's alot of hate for Mad World around here, but sometimes I think these guys haven't even played it.

Anyways, this is the TMNT we deserve, a Platinum TMNT, but not the TMNT we need, a Rocksteady one.

That said, I'm still picking this up.

Roshin

The more I see of this game, the less I feel it, sadly. I don't think the silly attacks and combos belong in a proper TMNT game. Disco lights and dancing enemies? Sod off.

Fbh

Ehhh.. looks OK.

Will probably buy it once it's cheap if I can convince one of my friends to get it for the Co-op.

But it doesn't look too great. The city is ugly and empty. And the combat looked too messy though that might be because of single player mode and AI companions

NYR94

Do the foot soldiers ever attack? I know these are supposed to be kid friendly games but Leo mowed down every foot soldier the second they appeared before they could attack.

Or does the challenge come at the end of the missions where the bosses are?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Do the foot soldiers ever attack? I know these are supposed to be kid friendly games but Leo mowed down every foot soldier the second they appeared before they could attack.

never played a Musuo, eh?

Mechazawa

I'm digging the shit out of those traversal mechanics. Nice animations on a lot of the attacks too. Good to see Activision giving Platinum a little more dough these days.

Hopefully the AI partner/coop stuff ends up being readable. Right now, it seems like there's too much going on in that Bebop fight, but maybe it's a lot more readable ingame.

Platinum makes the "Normal" mode ridiculously easy in their games and I'd wager thats what this demo is set up at. You'll only start scratching a mild challenge once you pick the difficulty above.

Transformers: Devastation in particular is probably one of the hardest Platinum games I've ever played on their stock "Hard" diffficulty which was pretty nice despite it being a "kid friendly" game.

Spman2099

I wish they weren't still tethered to the last gen, it is clearly holding them back.

Beyond that, I am not completely sold on the design of the turtles. However, everything else looks great.

KingV

I'm sure in typical Platinum fashion there will be varying difficulty levels that go from casually challenging to really quite difficult.

KingV

Transformers: Devastation in particular is probably one of the hardest Platinum games I've ever played on their stock "Hard" diffficulty which was pretty nice despite it being a "kid friendly" game.

To be fair, Transformwrs devastation is kind of weird on the difficulties because of the leveling mechanic. Hard from scratch is super freaking hard, because without upgrades if feels like your character is a tomato hitting robots with a floppy dildo.

This is especially true when you reach devastator. I had to run through the game on normal to have the weaponry to take down devastator. With the starting stats, I'd fight him for 5 minutes, then get stomped in one or two hits. I just couldn't keep up the perfection for that long, especially when you have no tech on your weapons.

Either the GI guys suck hard at this game, or the boss fight demonstrates that it isn't really gonna be suited for singleplayer/offline at all. The whole respawn system and length of the fight don't really make sense outside of online play. eh...

To be fair, Transformwrs devastation is kind of weird on the difficulties because of the leveling mechanic. Hard from scratch is super freaking hard, because without upgrades if feels like your character is a tomato hitting robots with a floppy dildo.

This is especially true when you reach devastator. I had to run through the game on normal to have the weaponry to take down devastator. With the starting stats, I'd fight him for 5 minutes, then get stomped in one or two hits. I just couldn't keep up the perfection for that long, especially when you have no tech on your weapons.
Yeah I played through on Commander my first playthrough and Devastator was a joke. Took like 15 minutes of constant attacking to beat him. Didn't really feel adequately powered up until like after the first Megatron fight

Seriously some of the best fights of 2015 this side of Bloodborne though. Aggressive as hell AI. Unfortunately it looks like Turtles won't be delivering on this front

yeah uh

i mentally checked out at "missions different every time you play"

it could still be alright, but that murders hype for me

Edit: I liked the Bebop fight. The gameplay and combat looks fun enough, and I really enjoy the coop elements even though the team up attacks seem like they'll get old instantly. I just worry that the mission structure won't allow the game to be as focused as it could be.

Top Bottom