• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introductory Posting - Chris from Microsoft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPaladino

Xbox Community Team
Hey guys - I couldn't decide whether to put this in the Gaming, or the Off-Topic forums since it's kind of both, so pardon my poor forum etiquette if this is in the wrong area.

My name is Chris Paladino, a small handful of you guys may know me from my days hosting the DreamStation.cc Video Game Show podcast. Recently I've been a guest on the GamerCast Network Video Game Show.

Before someone accuses me of spamming the forums with URLs let me get on with the reason I'm here...

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of being hired by Microsoft as a part of our Xbox Community Team. I do things keeping up with the community such as posting on the Gamerscoreblog, being active on forums/web pages, and generally making myself accessible to listen to the fans (and non-fans) talk about what Microsoft is doing right, wrong, and anything else that's on your minds.

I cannot guarantee that I'll be able to answer all of every one's questions, but I'll do my best to try and squelch rumors, help educate folks on issues, and be here generally as a Microsoft representative.

I'm relatively new here at NeoGAF, so it will take me a little bit to get up to speed on who is who, and what different folks' likes/dislikes are.

So don't hesitate to PM me, direct posts at me, or generally go about your normal business - we here at Microsoft are lurking in the shadows - waiting to pounce or something.

Lastly - thanks for having me here on the forums!

-Chris

So is Darkstalkers going to be on XBLA next week or what?

:lol

Uncanny%20X-Men%20171.jpg

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Nice - welcome to the forums!

As long as you have a hell of a sense of humor, and never, EVER take any insults around here seriously, you'll fit in just fine!

The more people in the biz here, the better!

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Welcome to NeoGAF. Don't take anything personally. On that note, we hate you already.

If anything sounds serious, it's probably sarcasm. If something sounds ****ing retarded, it's probably 100% serious.

Just take some time to lurk around and you'll be fine here. If someone makes you cry, just go ask arne how he deals with it. He's a tough one, he's used to it.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Asskicker064 said:
In the same place introductory posts should go. Hell.

I think it's better that the people here who are actually paid to have an agenda just come out and admit it quickly. For that I'm thankful.

jedimike

I read your teams blog all the time. Glad you guys are keeping it updated. BTW, welcome to the wonderful home of GAF. I've been here for like 5 or 6 years now. It's a different bird, but it grows on you.

We're always up for some insider info. The best way to make yourself at home here is to spill your guts... so start spilling :p

cool nothing like being up front about who you are. Especially in a busy place like this.

this place is knee deep in astroturfers though, be sure to wear your wading boots

IJoel

The first thing about GAF is not to take anything too seriously, or personally at all. Some people here get too crazy sometimes.

Get us some good new info on anything. It's nice to have representatives from X companies, but 99.9% of the times you just say the exact same thing that has been released on any news (which usually hits GAF first anyway.) :p

On a side note, I love Scoot's avatar. That f word just comes from his heart.

LukeSmith

I actually think everyone at GAF who is actually industry should be outed for who they are in their tags -- so that viral folks from EA, Sony, Nintendo (you know who you are) are spread out on the crucifix that NeoGAF should be.

Mojovonio

Banned
Scoot said:
I actually think everyone at GAF who is actually industry should be outed for who they are in their tags -- so that viral folks from EA, Sony, Nintendo (you know who you are) are spread out on the crucifix that NeoGAF should be.

we discussed this with Che after he mentioned he had suspicions.

We only know who the MS team are and that's messing up whatever balance gaf has.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Scoot said:
Agreed. I think chespace does too :p

Drek

I think in the world of viral marketting this is the equivalent of having someone sneeze in your face.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
God I can see it now, this is just the first of the "helpful" folks who will suddenly start popping up from the big 3 to "educate" us.

*gag*

LukeSmith

Drek said:
I think in the world of viral marketting this is the equivalent of having someone sneeze in your face.

Viral marketers are the people who piss on your leg in the community shower after football practice.

The XBOX DEFENSE FORCE continues to grow.

How will the SONY DEFENSE FORCE counter?

Will the NINTENDO DEFENSE FORCE be bothered?

Find out next time on N-GAGE DEFENSE UPDATE!

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The Dreamstation.cc podcast sucked primarily because you guys seemed oblivious to recent videogames news. I hope, in your new position, you'll make more of an effort to keep updated on what's going on in videogames, and GAF is a good place for that. I imagine that the new position requires more than just casual knowledge of what's going on with videogames. Anyway, welcome. :)

Scoot said:

I don't think they should be 'outed' -- but I also think they should realize we aren't stooooopid, either.

anyways arne alluded to a vacation yesterday i think so probably they dont want to leave things unattended at the hands of the marble brigade without a hand in :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom