• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introductory Posting - Chris from Microsoft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS2 KID

op_ivy said:
where do i sign up?

Someone needs to contact http://www.sheller.com/. I think they were the law firm that handled the PS2 case. We need plaintiffs!

lollerskates said:
I wonder what kinds of questions a Sony Rep would field on here from gaf We'll never see one though.

SCEA is too lame to have a real Sony Rep on this board. Try hammering them on PSP ports and 2D games and compilations for starters.

Speevy

Banned
This might sound a bit rude, and if it comes off that way I apologize. I'm really just curious.

What do the community people do? I mean, what you described is just a side thing right?

And welcome to the forums.

Welcome Chris!

Xbox 360 is a great machine, but please pass on the message that charging for gamerpics and themes is ridiculous... and Microsoft's image in the hardcore community would greatly improve if they maybe cut some prices or regulated the prices.

Thanks

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
CPaladino said:
Hey guys - I couldn't decide whether to put this in the Gaming, or the Off-Topic forums since it's kind of both, so pardon my poor forum etiquette if this is in the wrong area.

rapetime7uc.jpg

Lumines now
Phantom Dust BC
Make LO demo for Live
My 360 assploded
Dead Rising text is invisible
$hillz
etc, etc.

Welcome to hell.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Hey Chris. Get me an invitation for tomorrow's MS press conference in Tokyo and I'll love you very much!
Thanks!
:(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
CPaladino said:
Wow - took me all of 1 minute to get on people's bad-sides. :p

**The "official" Xbox community team that I'm on consists of 4 of us (John Porcaro, Tony Hynes, DirtyDiva, and myself).

**Lumines release date - it's coming, be patient

**Intro posts are low? Wasn't aware of this, just thought people may want a small bit of info on some random guy claiming to be an official rep. who comes into their boards and attempts answers their questions. I also didn't intend to do anything slimy by NOT saying where I'm from and whom I represent.

**Darkstalkers on XBLA next week - I'd say the chances of Darkstalkers coming out next week are less than good - that said, anythings a possibility. ;)

**Arne isn't going anywhere that I'm aware of. I think there are enough folks here to warrant more than one MS guy in here no?

**Lumines being "boned" - you caught me, I personally made every decision on that title SPECIFICIALLY to make everyone mad at me. :p In all seriousness, we're hearing the public outcry on the Lumines subject, and no, I didn't make any of those decisions (good or bad)

**I have a pretty tough skin, so if people want to harass, I'm capable of harassing back. ;)

**J Allard's busy solving world hunger, he'll be back with the Xbox 3 some point in the next 10 years though.

**Dropping early/limited info - I'll do what I can, but as you guys are VERY well aware, I come here all guns a-blazing trying to make pals, I get fired for spilling something I'm not privy to be spilling. My main goal is to listen to you guys, and answer questions, not necessarily tell you what the release date of Halo 3 - although if you must know, it's coming out tomorrow, in synch with the Xbox vision camera :p.

**I'm not a viral or hidden marketer, I'm here out in the open, I've kind of spilled who I am, so at least give me credit for that. I want people to see where my stabbing is coming from. HA!

**Shadowrun - as a huge fan of the pen and paper RPG, it has a special place in my heart. I haven't had any hands-on with it yet, so I'll refrain from commenting other than to say - I know many folks wanted it to NOT be a shooter, but to be more like the RPG, and/or the SNES games of old

OK - hopefully that's enough abuse in this thread for tonight. Thanks for the welcome (?!?). ;)

This is GAF. You're hated the moment you're conceived. Welcome to the club. :)

Stinkles said:
rapetime7uc.jpg

Lumines now
Phantom Dust BC
Make LO demo for Live
My 360 assploded
$hillz
etc, etc.

Welcome to hell.

Most of all, Stinkles ****ing swears that if you guys get in the way of Bungie's dream of taking over Microsoft, he will ****ing cut you.

Hi Chris,

Could you convince someone at MS to give SNK a giant hat full of money so they can put more NeoGeo fighters on XBLA? Garou: MOTW and KOF '98 would be a great start.

Why do Chris and Arne get shit? They come here above board. I'd love it if Sony, Nintendo, EA, Ubisoft etc. sent reps here to talk to us. If you want to get pissed about something, get upset about the secret viral marketers that are everywhere in forums like this.

Oh, and LUMINES WTF.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
hey there. since i'm a recently converted xbot, i bet i'll be asking you stuff occasionally.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Hi Chris

When will Street Fighter 3 Third Strike and Metal Slug 3 be playable on X360?

Go tell the Backwards compatibility team to drop whatever else they're doing and make those games compatible ASAP.

Hugs and Kisses,

Fatghost

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Why do Chris and Arne get shit? They come here above board. I'd love it if Sony, Nintendo, EA, Ubisoft etc. sent reps here to talk to us. If you want to get pissed about something, get upset about the secret viral marketers that are everywhere in forums like this.

Oh, and LUMINES WTF.

They get shit because everyone gets shit. This is ****ing gaf.

Stinkles

beermonkey@tehbias said:

Oh, and LUMINES WTF.

Paranoid much?

Nope, you're not.

Surreal

Please sir, leave Mr. Kojima alone, he doesn't want to make games for your platform.

With that said, if PS3's online was as good as LIVE, would you make LIVE free?

edit: :lol A Sony rep would be a bad idea. Just imagine if he was here when $600 megaton was announced, everyone would go straight for his neck. He'd be more of a Sony punching bag.

Speevy

Banned
I'm sure these guys already know that Phantom Dust is the greatest Xbox game ever, and that they should make it backward compatible.

thetrin

Speevy said:
I'm sure these guys already know that Phantom Dust is the greatest Xbox game ever, and that they should make it backward compatible.

BC + a long string of consistently badass sequels.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
so all the people complaining, would you rather have no community reps here? whats the alternative? hidden viral marketing? more banned gamefaqs posters?

Whats the harm here? You might actually learn something? MS might actually hear a complaint or suggestion?

Are people really that afraid of not being able make up their own minds?

I might ask another rhetorical question?

This is completely gross.

Keep being all nice and whatnot, though- you've got a responsibility to support the company's vision while representing it through saccharine, mundane forum posts.

Stinkles

Adol said:
This is completely gross.

Keep being all nice and whatnot, though- you've got a responsibility to support the company's vision while representing it through saccharine, mundane forum posts.

Oh look a helpful genius.

thetrin

GashPrex said:
so all the people complaining, would you rather have no community reps here? whats the alternative? hidden viral marketing? more banned gamefaqs posters?

Whats the harm here? You might actually learn something? MS might actually hear a complaint or suggestion?

Are people really that afraid of not being able make up their own minds?

I might ask another rhetorical question?

These aren't alternatives. These happen no matter what.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
TheTrin said:
These aren't alternatives. These happen no matter what.

Of course they are, if you aren't going to allow community reps, than that place on the forum will inveitably be filled by just those type of people.

My simple point is that I'd rather hear from a community rep of any company than some 14 year old in his basement. Even if I have to use my brain and figure out whats PR speak and not. Would I want an entire forum of community reps? Of course not, but that's not what we are talking about.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Stinkles said:
http://polg.blogs.com/nz/images/rapetime7uc.jpg
Lumines now
Phantom Dust BC
Make LO demo for Live
My 360 assploded
$hillz
etc, etc.

Welcome to hell.

how'd you forget about Shadowrun bitching?

killfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasa
killfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasakillfasa

Speevy

Banned
rafman400 said:
How MS like it if we sent a rep from GAF to bother them?

This (unless I'm mistaken) is the center of the gaming message board universe. I don't think any sentiment has been expressed on this forum that wasn't also printed by a magazine and/or seen by a company representative.

Mmmkay

GashPrex said:
this bothers you? wow you must hate all the really dumb threads that are made here daily
I think, amongst the misdirected anger at Chris elsewhere in this thread, that one was actually a joke post. Lighten up.

Think there could be any plans from Microsoft's end to make the shockingly loud levels of sound emitted from the Xbox 360's 12x DVD-ROM drives somewhat fainter?

Although discs spinning that fast will always produce a whole lot of noise, could this be reduced in the future by either picking up some different, more silent OEM manufacturer (they're Hitachi-LG and Samsung currently), or by making ulterior revisions of the console and its casing more efficient at isolating noise?

It's often pretty nagging when playing certain games, and it's not everyone who can turn the volume very high in their homes to hide it.

Hey Chris! So, can you talk to who ever's in charge of pricing and get them to ****ing stop gouging Canadians? Or at least get them to pick up the business section, they'll see that it's not 1999 anymore and our dollar is actually worth something.

Thanks.

I like how his introduction is "Hi I'm Here To Answer Your Questions" and his second is "I Have No Control Over Anything And Wouldn't Be Allowed To Tell You If It's Raining"

Zaptruder

Banned
So community rep, are you actually going to provide us with actual news from time to time, or just kinda sit around twiddling thumbs? :/

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Wow. Chris, let's have lunch sometime. I'll tell you all about the ways of this little place we call GAF... :lol

CPaladino said:
Wow - took me all of 1 minute to get on people's bad-sides. :p

**The "official" Xbox community team that I'm on consists of 4 of us (John Porcaro, Tony Hynes, DirtyDiva, and myself).

**Lumines release date - it's coming, be patient

**Intro posts are low? Wasn't aware of this, just thought people may want a small bit of info on some random guy claiming to be an official rep. who comes into their boards and attempts answers their questions. I also didn't intend to do anything slimy by NOT saying where I'm from and whom I represent.

**Darkstalkers on XBLA next week - I'd say the chances of Darkstalkers coming out next week are less than good - that said, anythings a possibility. ;)

**Arne isn't going anywhere that I'm aware of. I think there are enough folks here to warrant more than one MS guy in here no?

**Lumines being "boned" - you caught me, I personally made every decision on that title SPECIFICIALLY to make everyone mad at me. :p In all seriousness, we're hearing the public outcry on the Lumines subject, and no, I didn't make any of those decisions (good or bad)

**I have a pretty tough skin, so if people want to harass, I'm capable of harassing back. ;)

**J Allard's busy solving world hunger, he'll be back with the Xbox 3 some point in the next 10 years though.

**Dropping early/limited info - I'll do what I can, but as you guys are VERY well aware, I come here all guns a-blazing trying to make pals, I get fired for spilling something I'm not privy to be spilling. My main goal is to listen to you guys, and answer questions, not necessarily tell you what the release date of Halo 3 - although if you must know, it's coming out tomorrow, in synch with the Xbox vision camera :p.

**I'm not a viral or hidden marketer, I'm here out in the open, I've kind of spilled who I am, so at least give me credit for that. I want people to see where my stabbing is coming from. HA!

**Shadowrun - as a huge fan of the pen and paper RPG, it has a special place in my heart. I haven't had any hands-on with it yet, so I'll refrain from commenting other than to say - I know many folks wanted it to NOT be a shooter, but to be more like the RPG, and/or the SNES games of old

OK - hopefully that's enough abuse in this thread for tonight. Thanks for the welcome (?!?). ;)

datruth29

Hey guys lay off Chris!!! I use to listen to his him when he and the guys were on dreamstation.cc and later on moved to the Video Game Show. One of the best game podcast out there. As far as I'm concerned he's cool.

Also, just so you know, he has a deep DEEP hatered for Halo! I'm not sure if thats change though. (it probably didnt, he would be burned on the show!)

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
chespace said:
Wow. Chris, let's have lunch sometime. I'll tell you all about the ways of this little place we call GAF... :lol

Yeah, get him hooked on Graw and then just stop playing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom