• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introductory Posting - Chris from Microsoft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Angelcurio said:
Seriously. QFT.

Anyway, another sony and nintendo basher wont make a big difference :(

yeah, like arne or any of the other MS guys troll sony and nintendo :lol

Lorul2

Where's the American Love?

Japan gets bundles and proce drops, Europe gets "themed' bundles, I think even Canada may have got a little something. What about "US" in the U.S. ?! I have nothing but love for the Xbox brand, but jeez!! I keep hearing about the "rolling thunder" I just don't see it.

Oh yea.. Welcome..:)

Angelcurio

op_ivy said:
yeah, like arne or any of the other MS guys troll sony and nintendo :lol
I know, i was just making a little fun.

Arne is a good guy guy
cant say the same about che after his posts about PNP ;)

j/k

All of them are nice guys.

This is completely nonsense.
neogaf is a public place where people come here on their own to have a good time. I don't want to see any full-time paid PR to come here and do their viral marketing.
I do however support developers to come here to talk about their game or even a PR to defend their game (just about the game).
I'm strongly against any reps from Sony, MS, or even Nintendo to participate in this forum.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
acousticvan said:
neogaf is a public place where people come here on their own to have a good time. I don't want to see any full-time paid PR to come here and do their viral marketing.
I do however support developers to come here to talk about their game or even a PR to defend their game (just about the game).
I'm strongly against any reps from Sony, MS, or even Nintendo to participate in this forum.

WAIT WAIT WAIT...

even NINTENDO???

acousticvan said:
neogaf is a public place
Not exactly.

where people come here on their own to have a good time. I don't want to see any full-time paid PR to come here and do their viral marketing.
It's not viral marketing when people know who you work for.

Well, none of those devs or flacks will have platform bias.

sangreal

acousticvan said:

Then ****ing put them on ignore. I, for one, appreciate the inside perspective they offer.

As long as they disclose who they are, the more the merrier.

Is Crackdown coming out next month or not?

Mike Works said:
hi chris, welcome to gaf

URL deleted

oh **** :lol :lol :lol :lol

acousticvan said:

Um what's viral about a guy with a tag that says I WORK AT MS?

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
acousticvan said:

why whats the harm?

Ajax

Banned
Odysseus said:
At least the Microsoft community reps tell us who they are.

Do you honestly believe that just because four MS community reps let us know what they do, there aren't any MS viral marketeers? :lol You must have missed the original thread where it all started about viral marketing here. It involved Microsoft, AEG an advertising company working for MS and suspicious PMs to several users.

GhaleonEB

Speevy said:
I'm sure the people browsing this forum at work will love that.
Or at home, with my ****ing four year old daughter watching the screen.

There's a reason this is one of the only boards I'm on, and it's called the ToS.

ToS said:
Images of a sexual or profane nature are discouraged. Images presenting exposed genitalia, bared buttocks, and/or female nipple/aureola are not allowed.

Ajax said:
Do you honestly believe that just because four MS community reps let us know what they do, there aren't any MS viral marketeers? :lol You must have missed the original thread where it all started about viral marketing here. It involved Microsoft, AEG an advertising company and suspicious PMs to several users.

Yeah, what about that?

HokieJoe

CPaladino said:
Wow - took me all of 1 minute to get on people's bad-sides. :p

**The "official" Xbox community team that I'm on consists of 4 of us (John Porcaro, Tony Hynes, DirtyDiva, and myself).

DirtyDiva? She's en fuego.

BTW, welcome aboard CPal.

PS:

attack.gif

:lol

That's awesome Mojo.

Ajax said:
Do you honestly believe that just because four MS community reps let us know what they do, there aren't any MS viral marketeers? :lol You must have missed the original thread where it all started about viral marketing here. It involved Microsoft, AEG an advertising company and suspicious PMs to several users.
Aye. I love the industry presence here, but I like that it's informal. This "I'm here to officially represent the 360 community" is kind of weak. Save that for IGN.

Angelcurio

GhaleonEB said:
Or at home, with my ****ing four year old daughter watching the screen.

There's a reason this is one of the only boards I'm on, and it's called the ToS.
Seriously, my little sister was passing by just when i came through that pic. Please people, dont do that again. No kidding.

mood

KyanMehwulfe said:
Aye. I love the industry presence here, but I like that it's informal. This "I'm here to officially represent the 360 community" is kind of weak. Save that for IGN.

He's here to represent the Microsoft Community Team. As long as he follows the rules I dont see any problem here ?

My whole family was standing over my shoulder. They disowned me. And my girlfriend dumped me. It's the end of the world.

Seriously, guys. Crackdown.

mood said:
He's here to represent the Microsoft Community Team. As long as he follows the rules I dont see any problem here ?

Just curious...but wtf is the "Microsoft Community Team"? Are those like little Allard and Gates helper elves who clean toilet seats before MS employess sit down?

acousticvan said:
What is your response to that argument?

What fuking argument? There's nothing to argue. It happened. End of story.

This forum is riddled with viral marketeers from all sides. It sucks but what can you do? On the other hand, I've got no problem with people that come out and directly tell us what their position is. It cuts through the bullshit.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
KyanMehwulfe said:

So when a dev post its ok, but when its an MS guy its not? Whats the difference? They both have a admitted bias towards either their game or company. Does the spectre of large companies really scare people this much? Are game developers in any less of a bussiness? Does their bias not extend at least in some part to the platform they are developing on?

Odysseus

Banned
Ajax said:
Do you honestly believe that just because four MS community reps let us know what they do, there aren't any MS viral marketeers? :lol You must have missed the original thread where it all started about viral marketing here. It involved Microsoft, AEG an advertising company working for MS and suspicious PMs to several users.

Of course I'm not naive enough to believe that every MS rep has been accounted for. Like Speevy, for instance. ;)

But so far the score is something like 5-0-0.

mood

Arde0 said:
Just curious...but wtf is the "Microsoft Community Team"? Are those like little Allard and Gates helper elves who clean toilet seats before MS employess sit down?

Hah I have no idea, plus I should have said Xbox community team. This guy looks like he's here to give accurate information on stuff, take it or leave it. But my point was he isnt officially repping the 360 community or whatever.

Angelcurio

Odysseus said:
Of course I'm not naive enough to believe that every MS rep has been accounted for. Like Speevy, for instance. ;)

But so far the score is something like 5-0-0.
That´s the sad part.

Ajax said:

Do you have a link to that thread? I would ****ing love to read that.

GhaleonEB

acousticvan said:
I rememeber that MS mentioned neogaf is a good place for marketing at the Leipzig GC.
Now they send a ninja to do the job.
Ninjas typically don't announce themselves and solicit questions/feedback.

One of the many cool things about GAF is the number of industry folks who post here, in the open. Bethesda, Bungie, Microsoft and others. The more the merrier, I say, as long as they are in the open.

And the MS guys, in addition to being fun members of the GAF community, do shoot down rumors for us pretty frequently.

Zeed

Banned
Chris, how much are you being paid to do this? Do you have a post quota? Are you paid by the word? How does this "Community Representative" thing work?

HokieJoe

Ajax said:

It might be different if Sony and Nintendo weren't just as likely to do the same thing. If MS is doing this, then in all liklihood Sony and Nintendo are as well. What makes one less guilty than another?

As long as there's disclosure, I don't see the problem with it because disclosed reps have to take the good and the bad- (See the Too Human, Forza 2, and some MGS4 threads for reference).

Out em' all I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom