• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introductory Posting - Chris from Microsoft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyC

Tony HoTT said:
WTF is this shit?

If I wanted some asshole answering my Xbonx questions I would goto a ****ing Xbox forum or some shit.

Please GTFO!!!!!

I don't care if you post and just happen to have a job at a game company like Che or some shit but you Chris.... YOU ARE UNFORGIVEABLE AND NEED TO POLISH GAF'S COLLECTIVE CHODE WITH YOUR DIRTY TONGUE!!!!!!

GTFO GTFO GTFO GTFO GTFOGTFO GTFOGTFOGTFO GTFO GTFO GTFO GTFO GTFOGTFO GTFO GTFO GTFOGTFOGTFOV

And then you people that actually welcome him by trying to be all civil and saying shit like "Don't mind these guys blah blah I for one welcome you!" Quit sucking up no one is gonna give you a job you pricks.

And I'll tell you now this guy isn't gonna answer any questions we actually want to know. Already in this thread all he could do is be like "blah blah it will be here soon ;)"

WTF THX YOU DUMB SLUT I FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE KNOWING THAT ANNOUNCED STUFF WILL COME SOON! ESPECIALLY THANKS TO THAT COMFORTING WINK EMOTICON.

This is the extent that our new ****ing microsoft friend can help us.

In Summary: **** CHRIS!!!! GAF TURN SWEARING BACK ON PLZ!

On the plus side, at least Chris has an idea of GAF's darker side.

Dalauz

Wonder how many still lurking around from the shadows and since when.
You know like, 10k oblivion thread post and stuff.
(same goes for nintendo and Sony)

im just a gamer playing cooking mama!

metroid23

Hi Chris!

Nothing new to add really. Looks like you were with Volt for at least a little while per your a-, so, you get bonus points from me (I also know you're legit and not a viral marketer ;)

Enjoy your stay at GAF!

Srider

Banned
Lol, reading this thread makes it blatant the fact that this guy has no idea how to deal with online communities like GAF. So not qualified for this job... good job MS.

LukeSmith

Flo_Evans said:
eh? we are the ones that actually you know BUY shit so you jerks have jobs? :lol

Yeah, a lot of the problems with the game industry stem from you guys "buying shit" instead of buying things that don't suck.

I don't get a cut of what you pay for at your local Wal-Mart or EB Games -- I wish I did, though. Remember, you read us and then decide what to buy
I am joking, retards. 4.5

BuddyC

Srider said:
Lol, reading this thread makes it blatant the fact that this guy has no idea how to deal with online communities like GAF. So not qualified for this job... good job MS.
If you'll recall, arne had a similar debut. Introductory threads are brutal.

VALIS

Srider said:

"Makes it blatant the fact?" You can't even speak English well, son. Go hug an anime girl pillow.

Joeroll

No joke post. Sorry to disappoint :(. Welcome Chris!

Reading Arnes introduction post... wow it must have been horrible. Introduced near the launch of Xbox360. :lol

GhaleonEB

arne said:
compared to my thread, this is a cakewalk. gaf you have left me down.
;)

except for the postcount. wtf guys?
GAF has grown since last year. Plus, the arrivial of the new consoles and the SDF means everyone is in a tizzy right now.

arne said:
compared to my thread, this is a cakewalk. gaf you have left me down.
;)

except for the postcount. wtf guys?
If he posts a photo of himself for photoshopping purposes it would make things alot more interesting.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Why the hate? As long as he tells us who he's working for, I don't see any problem. It's better than some Spanish viral marketer ;). Good to see a big company caring for gamer's opinion and giving advice so yeah, welcome. I've got one very important question: Where's Banjo-Threeie's announcement
[I have to try at least ;(]
?

Azih

I also would like to go on record and register my displeasure in the matter of so called 'Community Managers' making their presence known on NeoGAF. Viral marketers are bad enough, but 'community management' is an activity best suited to the forums of fansites and GAF, sir, is no fansite.

Further we have so many actual insiders browsing and posting on GAF that 'Community Managers' in the employ of game company PR departments are not required and in fact do nothing more than cheapen the experience. We are not rubes to be marketed to or 'managed' Mr Paladino.

In other words I agree with Tony HoTT.
Except for the part about him f*cking my mom.

Curry

Azih said:
I also would like to go on record and register my displeasure in the matter of so called 'Community Managers' making their presence known on NeoGAF. Viral marketers are bad enough, but 'community management' is an activity best suited to the forums of fansites and GAF, sir, is no fansite.
Wouldn't a "community manager" be the kind of guy to watch communities and read what they say, and isn't GAF, sir, a community?

I think it's better that he openly proclaims he's reading here and checking up on the sentiments of a community like this, at least it means Microsoft takes this place seriously and doesn't only visit "M4st3r Ch13f's F4NSh1Te" like you suggest they should do.

Be glad there's someone from MS here reading all your comments about what you think sucks and should change, perhaps that might actually mean they fix it somewhere in the future. Hard to do that if they're not allowed on here huh?

IJoel

Azih said:

Further we have so many actual insiders browsing and posting on GAF that 'Community Managers' in the employ of game company PR departments are not required and in fact do nothing more than cheapen the experience. We are not rubes to be marketed to or 'managed' Mr Paladino.

In other words I agree with Tony HoTT.
Except for the part about him f*cking my mom.

I really doubt their title refers to GAF/X Board. They probably happen to come across GAF/X Board because, well, you gotta be knowledgable about what's going on.

That said, they probably report those juicy links back to the mole and have them removed (like the Dig Dug XBLA link.) ;)

Rocked

Son of Godzilla said:
This is just creepy as hell, and that goddamn smiling avatar doesn't help things at all.

:lol

It's a shame the Nintendo guy from NOE isn't here anymore. It does seem weird that there's SO MANY Microsoft people in this place.

Azih said:
Further we have so many actual insiders browsing and posting on GAF that 'Community Managers' in the employ of game company PR departments are not required and in fact do nothing more than cheapen the experience. We are not rubes to be marketed to or 'managed'

You know if posters like Che, Stinkles, or arne read like nothing more than PR mouth pieces I'd be inclined to agree with you, but they don't. If this Chris guy can follow their lead I see no reason why there'd be any problem with him either.

Unless he continues his blatant disregard of our mothers' vaginas. Hands off Chris!

Chittagong

Gold Member
chdeliveryfr2.jpg

Azih

In light of this thread I think the TOS needs to be updated to specify that members of NeoGAF are not allowed to... have relations... with the mothers of other members of NeoGAF unless of course they are the father of the other member. This would have the side effect of outlawing literal mother f*ckers from joining the forum however.... and I don't know how we would enforce it anyway. Maybe a don't ask don't tell policy?

Azih

I think it's better that he openly proclaims he's reading here and checking up on the sentiments of a community like this, at least it means Microsoft takes this place seriously and doesn't only visit "M4st3r Ch13f's F4NSh1Te" like you suggest they should do.
I'm suggesting they really should stick to Xbox.ign.com and teamxbox.com. Look if you work at Microsoft and just hang around here or feel the need to stick up for your employer then that's cool. Chris crossed some sort of a line, I'm not sure what exactly the line is, but the existence of his GAF account creeps me out :(.

Be glad there's someone from MS here reading all your comments about what you think sucks and should change, perhaps that might actually mean they fix it somewhere in the future. Hard to do that if they're not allowed on here huh?
Shadowrun the Counterstrike shooter still exists doesn't it?

kwest_katrina.jpg

MICROSOFT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT Shadowrun fans
:_(

Azih said:
I'm suggesting they really should stick to Xbox.ign.com and teamxbox.com. Look if you work at Microsoft and just hang around here or feel the need to stick up for your employer then that's cool. Chris crossed some sort of a line, I'm not sure what exactly the line is, but the existence of his GAF account creeps me out :(.

kwest_katrina.jpg

it was one thing to rip off the guys with guns, but taking the handgliders and magic from counterstrike too was just going too far imho.

microsoft doesn't care about shadowrun fans only willing to accept one type of game based on the license.

BuddyC

Azih said:

kwest_katrina.jpg

I can't believe I'm following up on this, but MS and FASA care very, very much about Shadowrun fans. Just be patient!

fartblast

Banned
Hey Chris from Microsoft! How are you?

I just wanted to express my extreme distaste with your company's Xbox 360 console.

First of all, the build quality. How many corners did you guys cut to try and save a little money just so you could cash in for the holidays? Think of all the kids out there who cried for days on end because the system they waited forever for broke. Hell, I'm sure a lot of them stopped believing in Santa, because Santa doesn't bring broken shit down the chimney. I mean for one, when I took my 360 out of the box on launch day, I thought I was going to squeeze the thing and break it. The plastic feels extremely fragile. Even picking the console up you can hear the plastic shifting and making noise.

Secondly, what the hell is with the overheating? When I actually owned one (recently switched to Sony until you guys can get your shit together) I would play for oh a half hour and I could already feel the temperature of the room I was in rising because of how poorly the system was designed. I mean shit I'd go back to feel how hot the air coming out was and in the process it almost smelled like burning plastic. I know it wasn't just my 360 that was doing this either.

Third. Why didn't you just go with HD-DVD from the beginning. Is a corporation as big as yourself worried about losing a few bucks just so you could rip people off with an inferior optical format, knowing you could just churn out a third SKU in a few years with built-in HD-DVD (on top of the horribly crap HD-DVD add-on that's going to be an eye-sore anyway?) Many PS3 developers are breaking the 7GB barrier on their games -- far beyond that, actually. Not to mention most of the drives you use are loud as shit. Why couldn't you just go with a nice disc drive (you just slide the disc in) that many modern laptops have? Why?!?! Seeing as you're using an overpriced laptop hard-drive anyway.... which is only 20GB. 64MB memory card: $30 ....... 20GB HDD: $99. What.

Fourth: the power supply. Let's not even bring that one up since you're going to recall them anyway. I'd suggest doing so before someone's house catches fire.

And finally (I really could go on forever actually), why the shit build quality of the controller? It has such a nice solid design to it with awesome button placement but you guys cheaped the hell out on that too. The D-pad is shit, the face buttons aren't analog, and the joysticks could use some work too. I've had controllers straight out the package whose joysticks made noise and generally weren't too pleasant to use in the first place. While we're on controllers... the play & charge kits are horrible. I went through three before I got a working one. That's pretty good though I guess, considering some people have go to through 6 or 7 Xbox 360s (often 'refurbished' at that) before they get a working one.

Thanks for reading Chris, it's great to have you here as a member of the GAF community.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Dear Chris,

It's been almost a full day now and Street Fighter 3 and Metal Slug 3 still aren't backwards compatible yet. Get to work!

Love,

Fatghost

fartblast

Banned
Also Chris maybe you guys would be interested in reading the story behind my 360's death in that one thread? Pretty cool considering I camped out Nov 21 and had it shit on me a few days ago. It's like you called it 360 because thats the max. amount of days the things last before they croak

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Azih said:
I'm suggesting they really should stick to Xbox.ign.com and teamxbox.com. Look if you work at Microsoft and just hang around here or feel the need to stick up for your employer then that's cool. Chris crossed some sort of a line, I'm not sure what exactly the line is, but the existence of his GAF account creeps me out :(
yeah, because this place is special. the thought of a microsoft employee with an account on a message board creeps you out? it's a free country. and you doing more to creep people out than chris is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom